Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

June 16,2022

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: June 16,2022

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 am

Kathy, we get humming birds flying around our lawn at dusk. I guess they are getting bugs.
We also have lots of flowers that they like, so we get a lot of them.
Lori 8-)

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:25 am

I had a hummingbird come to my little feeder the other day, but I hadn’t refilled the sugar water. So it’s refilled now, but no cute hummingbird now. I’ll have to wait & see. Kathy the hummingbird bird bath sounds interesting.

It’s supposed to get to the high of 94 today. Glad I have AC. I might not be on for a few days as it’s our anniversary Sunday so taking off for a little trip! Should be fun!

Jana I’ve thought about trying the kimberbell bench patterns. They’re sew cute! Good for you. It’s on my bucket list.

Lois, I looking forward to seeing your sparrows pattern!

Chriss I assume your zoom meetings are for work. What is your job? Exotic places you’re going for in person meetings.

Maryz glad you could go to the chiro & get a massage. Nice! Happy sewing!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:59 am

Good morning chica's. Happy warm beautiful Thursday. We should see 87* today and tomorrow will be 10* cooler. So 77* here and 67* at my son's house. Guess I'll take a sweater tomorrow.

Nothing planned for today. seems when I plan sewing room time lately it gets shoved to the back of my todo list. So I am not planning on sewing. reverse psychology.

Lois, I am so tempted to get that pattern. I love those sparrows. We don't really see empty shelves here yet. I just love when you make quilts, they are so pretty.

Diane, smart to freeze meals, it will be nice to spend your time visiting rather than cooking.

Judi, hope your fruit stands open soon. They have recently opened here. Stuff is just getting ripe and it seems to all ripen at once. We freeze a lot around this time of year. The shelves here are pretty full still. Although with the cost of diesel fuel I imagine the prices will keep going up. Even interest rates are climbing. It's crazy. Our news lately seems more like an entertainment program. Lots of chatter between the news casters and less news being reported.

Lyn, by now the blood test is over, hope you get desired results very soon.

Katy, I have often wondered how I would look with curly hair. Not enough to actually get a perm, but am curious. I vote for working on sewing your chickens and training them to clean house. We also don't seem to see any bargains in the ads. Steak is $15.99 a pound, the only deals are at Costco where hamburger is $4.99 a pound and a rotisserie chicken is $5 Going to a regular grocery store increases those costs by a few bucks.

Maryz, thanks for the full bobbin wish. and thanks for the Cindy update. Sorry Chip had a hospital stay, is he home yet? We used to have a group of 4 that walked now it's just down to two of us. I do wish we'd all get together again but such is life. Glad the chiro and the massage helped.

Flo, hope your tests are quick and show no issues. I'd stay inside too with that hummidity.

Jana, We are getting warm here too. Seems that we turn on the AC earlier than usual lately. I never thought of the amount of cement that is used in new housing tracts. You might need to use the old wheel barrow stirring with a hoe method.

Sherry, bet the house is quiet today. Does Smoke notice that Sadie isn't there anymore?

Kathy, the hummer feeder sounds neat, hope it turns out. your flowers sound beautiful. Glad you got the soil to work. The flowers will look pretty on top of a manicured lawn.

Lori, here in the evening the bats get the bugs.

Beverly, I am unemployed. I am now calling it retired. In May of 2020 I was working in the office for a California based grocery store chain (Save Mart) After working from home for a year they decided to eliminate my position. I had been working there for 31 years. And, because God works wonders, I got a great severance pay, qualified for the retirement package, and was in a position that I didn't have to go back to work. I am so very blessed. I decided to volunteer and am involved with HICAP and some Senior type things. I'm loving my new life and am thankful that God works in my life. The Zoom meetings are to learn about Medical so that I can help others. I really do enjoy it but am learning and don't have the confidence I really need. I'm getting there, just slowly.

Well girls, time for me to get going. So much to do so little time.

Have a super duper day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”