Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

WED 6/15/2202

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

WED 6/15/2202

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:55 am

Good Sunny Morning.........

Where is every one?? I'm shocked to be first. It's going to be a beautiful day & I'm going to make tea & head to the porch to plant those silly flowers. Then I'll work in the sewing room to clean it up.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

purrfect-lady

Re: WED 6/15/2202

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:04 am

Good morning,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. We had early business appt in Tacoma. And my machine has been acting up so I needed to take it in to see what made it so. And I wanted to finish up my calendar blocks before I let the machine out of the house. So I got up early, sewed like the dickens, got the blocks done, packed up "Chip", and we were off. It costs us $12 to drive to Tacoma and back (toll & fuel) so I didn't want to make a second trip just for the machine. We got home, I was cleaning up my sewing mess, and got a call asking if I could change my massage appt from today to yesterday afternoon. I had just enough time to get binding on my Buckeye Beauty. By the time I got home again, I had to make supper. And sew went the day.

CHRISS - we don't eat as much as we used to either, nor do we eat expensive food. Lots of leftovers. Yet our food bills remain high. Prices have increased 12% over all in the past year. :shock: You have a new walking buddy! The best of the best! What is your new partner's name? I've been walking every morning for about 23 years, always with a canine buddy. And what's wrong with Tuesdays and Thursdays? ?

MARY Q - I love it - the A&P club! Aches & Pains. I have a golden membership! That quilt is amazing and YOU are amazing, not only that you COULD do it, but that you WOULD do it! I wanna be you when I grow up!

FLO - congrats! you are a tomato mom! I love my granite countertops, though I wouldn't get black again merely because small dark colored things get "lost" on it. Even our phones. But it looks nice. Our counters need to be resealed every 15 years, we were told. We bought them through Costco about 8 yrs ago.

BEVERY - The rising price of fabrics is why I keep going to the big semi-annual sale and stocking up on anything that catches my eye. I averaged $6.45/yd this last sale. $5.75/yd the sale before that. Because at 80 yrs old and in poor health, I suspect the shop owner will have to shut it down before long. Her regular prices are about 20% below other quilt shops already. This shop is a jewel! So what is your regular job? I guess teacher??

KATY - I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering how you are doing. I saw QIAD's sale on Omnigrid rulers. And the announcement that they are going up in price. I checked them out but as far as I can tell, I have all I need. We buy our W & N batting by the 90"x 40-yd bolt and pick it up at the factory in Elma, WA, and saw the bolt went up about $75. Ouch! I will be sewing my big batt scraps together!

LYN - I believe I can speak for all of us when I say we're waiting with you on all your test results and praying all is well.

KATHY - Congrats on being first!! Tomatoes won't grow for me either. I don't have enough sun in my yard or else the bugs get to them. I've tried veggie gardens and also pot gardening. I gave up on all of it a few years ago. Did anyone come mow your lawn yet?

JANA - how is your SIL doing?

LOIS - you have really gotten your flock together in record time! It took at least a week for my backing to get to me from KQ.

JUDI - happy countertop shopping/choosing/installing! Will you have it done or will Ken install it? Thanks for the update on Chrissy. I know 'into every life a little rain must fall', but she sure seems to get more than her share!

We have Boondockers in the yard - a couple from Quebec who's first language is most definitely French. So nice. He is an EMT and gave Bill a Quebec ambulance ball cap. A very nice couple who are on the road for 6 months in a truck and camper and headed to Alaska this summer. One of their goals is to visit Santa Claus's house - which is a mile from my brother's house! Today, I will be finally circling back to my Irish Chain quilt top. When I finish this puppy I will have all my Christmas done! Sewing and shopping. Except for A & A if we go to Texas this winter - and we probably will. We always get extra things for them because we're with them.

Happy sewing!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 am

Good morning!

Checked here earlier and thought since there was nothing started that my computer was acting up. Nope, everyone is asleep or very busy!

No word yet from the MRI on our SIL. He's in a large knee brace and using a cane to hobble around. Ethan is getting a crash course in lawn mowing. It will now become his job. We have the riding tractor to mow ours, Ethan has the walk behind lawn mower. Aaron will pitch in and help as well. Trade for all the babysitting sitting Sarah does with the little girls.

Not much new here in my neck of the woods, or should I say cotton fields. I need to get downstairs and sniff a bit of cotton fumes! Stuff just seems to get in the way!

Aaron got to play with his orange cones yesterday at work. A couple of cars could not play nicely, so Aaron has to manage that argument, ie, collision. Aaron's truck now carries a whole bunch of cones to close down roads- a favorite pastime of his! LOL! Of course, this all happened at the end of his duty shift, so he got a bit of OT too. Oh, right at the peak of rush hour, on the busiest road through town.

Well, time to get busy here,

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:00 am

Good Morning EveryBody!

Happy Wednesday. I'm only up early because I have a Dr. appointment this morning.. just my annual poke and prod!

Kathy... With you being on the East Coast, I am surprised you are first up this morning! But it's great to see you! I'd probably still be in bed if it weren't for Dr. appointment. What kind of flowers are you planting?

Maryz... Were you able to get Chip all fixed up? Nothing serious I hope! Hold that thought about wanting to be me.... Long story ... but KC wants me to come MORE often to help.. I'm thinking she needs to find a young guy that can lift heavy things for the projects she has in mind. It's about 20 miles to her place and with gas getting up to $5 a gallon, I don't know that I want to go MORE often than once a week. Being nice and helpful can sure turn and bite you in the A$$!

Jana.... Do you think if I put orange cones around my sewing room they would keep me IN there and I'd be able to get stuff done?

I did get another one of KC's quilts done yesterday, so that bring my total to 3 plus the one Viv did. I think I have 3 or 4 more she'd like to do and it's mostly my fault for volunteering to do them. I'm headed there today after my dr appointment to see what she has in mind. If you could see this place you'd understand how anxious she is to get it done. I'm just not sure I'm the gal to do it all! IMHO... her KIDS should be doing this!!!!! but I won't rant about that, as there are 2 sides to every story!

Time for coffee and a shower!! See you on the flip side!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:15 am

Good morning everyone, I so don't seem to be able to make it here everyday anymore. Keeping up with the swaps and such though.

I have 3 Lotto blocks done and started cutting my calendar Sept blocks. I don't have a table that is the right height so I am slow, gotta rest the aching back. 2 May blocks done, one cut, fabric selected for number 4. So trying to keep up. I don't, really have anywhere to go today so hoping I can make some progress.

Currently 59 but getting hot again today, may 84+ (anything about 75 is hot to me) and then cool down starts tomorrow.

Chriss how did your zoom meeting go? Please save me a deviled egg or 2. We also have lots of green tomatoes but nothing turning red yet.

Maryq I saw on the news about your hot temps. Isn't it early in the year for you guys? That's a pretty quilt. I like pink for little girls

Flo when we redid our kitchen a couple years or so ago we did granite. Saw this pattern and had to have it. It's called African Canyon. Of course it was above my budget but bought it anyway!

Bev everything has gone up here. I paid $6.39 for gas last night just so I could go to work. Would love to take a Friday (only day DH and I have that we have a caregiver and he doesn't work) and go to the coast or something, but just too expensive. Saving the gas for essentials.

Katy I don't get here as much as I used to either. Life just gets in the way.

Lyn we got our granite at a stone store also. Saw nothing at HD or Lowe's I wanted. Are you still in KS?

Kathy I have said that about tomatoes also as the last few years have not been too productive. So this year I bought 6. All have tomatoes but have only gotten a few cherry's that are red.

Jana so sorry for Sarah's DH. Sometimes if people are relatively healthy they can bounce back fast.

Lois a sparrow quilt sounds lovely. I know some of you buy online as you don't have many options for in person but I have learned my lesson about that. I also go to LQS when possible.

Well Caregiver is here, I need to do my payroll so I get paid. Mileage form takes a bit to complete. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:29 am

Morning
I should be outside doing yard work, but I just don't want to.....need to go water tomatoes, but that may be all I get done. Even Joe isn't outside working and he usually is by 8 and it's after 9!

It's just hot & sticky out.

Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:34 am

Good Day to All ❣️

I'm alive and mostly healthy. Ultrasounds all looked normal. Dr was worried about possible Aorta Aneurysm but there isn't one. Did show some plaque starting, which means it's probably in all parts of blood system. Fairly common for age. My calcium is off a little. My red blood cells are smaller than she likes. She thought the CPAP would help. So, I think she wants a blood test so blood can be sliced and looked at under a microscope. All you nurses, if I said that wrong please correct it. I need more B12 and suggested shots, as in I give myself shots. Nope, did that for allergies years ago. Will take extra pills.As for the on and off pain, I may have pulled or caused a small tear. Or, she suggested something to me that sounds like it's out of left field, could I have parasites!?? Parasites are more common than people think, she told me. You can get them from your pet, or raw veggies or under cooked meat. Then she gave me a couple examples of patients she has treated. Yuk!! We will give some time to see if pain leaves before looking at parasite treatment.

Our insurance adjuster called yesterday about the mirror. I need to email all info this morning before taking DH to Dr office for treatment.

Those of you that camp, do ya end up with visitors at your site? Don't get me wrong we enjoy visiting. We seem to be a magnet.. I had come in, about 7, and started the oven to make pizza but went back outside while it was warming up only to have a couple people show up sit down and start to visit. Then some more showed up and we had to borrow chairs from somebody else and by the time they all left it was almost 9 o'clock! I did come in and shut off the oven after about 30 minutes seeing that nobody was leaving soon. So, needless to say, dinner was late.
Lyn

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:02 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. It is supposed to be 106 degrees heat index today. It is already in the middle 90's actual temperature. Rob will pick up Sadie this afternoon and then we will get back to normal here. Sadie has been so good. She and Smoke did alot of playing inside and out. Now that it is getting hot they just go out and do their business and come back in to be in the A/C. Smart dogs. Sweetie has been so good. She and Sadie actually have been playing "kissy face" several times.

Well, better go get some lunch. Tomorrow I hope to get back to reading all your posts and finding out what everyone has going for them. Have a good and safe day.
Sherry

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:39 am

Maryq I love your log cabin quilt! Fun colors!

I may be the last one on here everyday as lots of chores before I get on. As far as work, I do multiple things.
I work for my son on Clickhere2shop.com
I help with customer service. Not always the most fun job, but I’m proud of his entrepreneurial skills. I only work part time at this job. I was a professional violinist for years recording movies& doing concerts & albums. The industry has changed immensely. I’m semi retired from doing this. I play in an orchestra still, and I teach seven students. I’ve decided to start a website for violin & piano fun. I’ve been writing piano & violin music to go on the site. All this takes time, which I need more of, especially since I like to sew.
I also own an Etsy shop selling mini minky blankets.

Lyn I hope they can find a way to help you with your health.

Lois I love birds 🦅 so I’m looking forward to seeing your sparrow blocks.

Where I live the wind almost always blows. I find it hard to grow tomatoes too.

Maryz I looked up Boondockers to find out what it meant. Way cool!

Hope you all have a great day!
Last edited by MuseAndSew on Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:57 am

Beverly - did you ever play with Lamb of God orchestra? Or one down in the Lehi area, with Jason Robison? Sarah was the president of the Lamb of God organization for many years and Jason did community orchestras down in that area, and is my Ward organist now.

Return to “Sew ins”