Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

WED 6/15/2202

Daily discussions.
MuseAndSew

Re: WED 6/15/2202

Post by MuseAndSew » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:10 am

Jana I played on Rob Gardners original Lamb of God album & for a great many of his concerts at the beginning of his career. I didn’t play for his recent movie or concert. I might have meet Sarah at one time. I’m in the TSO orchestra with my daughter currently & played at the orchestra at Temple Square. Jason might know my husband, Greg Hansen who is the DJ for Sunday Sounds on KSL Radio & is a composer.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:24 am

Well here it is 1 oclock in the afternoon...and I have gotten no where fast. No one was here this morning so I decided to get coffee and get dressed and head to the HD for my ordering...I had to order a sink and was shocked to see how much they cost///but it is ordered...then finalize and pay for the new counter tops////It is a done deal now....As soon as the estimator/ measurer guy gets out here It may only take a couple of weeks to gt the counter tops in. they will demolish and replace all...Phew this was not in my budg4t...I did go with the quartz....from all my research it will be the best for me. another eemodel in progress...
After lunch I cut out another table runner...it is all in black white and grey...(way out of my comfort zone) this one is a gift for my friend who has a black and white kitchen... ( Christmas gift) After this on I will work on some new place mats for me...I have a pattern that makes 6 at one time with a quilt s you go pattern. by that time the fabric for the Shermans march should be here,
Well that s all for me.....
Lyn we love visitors at our campsite but then again so folks do not know when to leave...I might start a conversation with....."Well I hate to be a party pooper but we havent eaten supper yet........" and see if that gets them up///hope all your problems with your health clear up///Also B12 injections are most effective since stomach acid kills off most of the B12 in the pills....My mom in her 80s gave my dad his B12 shots and he felt 100% better.
Well going to sew a bit and start some supper prep....we are having Chic-fil-a wannabes tonight ,,I make me own chicken sandwiches with their sauce and pickles...so yummy...Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:27 am

Good morning. It's heating up outside. Went for my walk at 7am and before it was over I started feeling the heat. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it is going to be a beautiful day today.

In a couple of hours it will be time to leave for dinner with the parents. I have deviled eggs, tomato, cuke and red onion in Italian dressing, fruit, turkey lunch meat and cheese. This meal will hold me all day long.

Kathy, you made tea and I am having a glass of sun tea now. Trying to find a sweetner that I like. It used to be splenda but it has Maltodextrin and that's supposed to be bad. More than you wanted to know. Enjoy your flowers. I am so not a gardener so have no flowers. Believe me, it's better for the flowers this way.

Maryz, sure could have used a bobbin full wish from you yesterday, ugh. Nice to have a boondocker, great way to meet new people. My new walking friend canceled. She had a shot in her knee and won't be available until Friday. I go to Richard's on Friday and won't be walking with anyone but him. Not sure where he is taking me. Be sure to look southward on Friday, that huge beam of pride will be emitted from my location.

Jana, I am in the busy morning, riding lawnmowers categories. And I am also a cotton sniffer. It's like we're twins.

Maryq, you are very patient and kind with KC. I have also had to learn to say no. funny how helping can really take a big chunk of your time. Is there an end to helping KC? or is it a bottomless pit?

Valerie, our tomatoes aren't cooperating as quickly as I'd like. Waiting is quite difficult. If you were here I'd make you your very own deviled eggs. I'm not happy with how these peeled for me. Sometimes eggs peel so nicely other times they are frustrating. My zoom meeting was a two parter, second half was today. I like zoom, sure beats traveling to meet with people. I have two in person meetings coming up, July in Columbia and August in Sonora. Thankfully they pay mileage. and the upside is there are some nice thrift stores in the area. Hope you get a chance to get away with DH soon. Gas is costly but sometimes you just gotta get out of Dodge.

Flo, just no fun to work when it's hot and sticky. We have a dry heat and dry and hot is equally no fun.

Lyn, pretty nervy of people to do more than wave and say hello. To sit uninvited is not good manners. sorry dinner was so late. Glad your tests came out good . Hope the doctor figures you out soon, sure would be nice if you were all fixed. Thanks for that info on the jeans. Got two pair at Penney's and am thrilled.

Sherry, it's nice that the pups get along well. Also nice that life will get back to normal.

Beverly, I also love birds. I am excited to see Lois' quilt. I'll check out your son's website. Will you be teaching violin online? My granddaughter talked about the violin, not sure if she is still interested.

Judi, busy, busy, busy. Sometimes a person just wakes up behind. Would love to see your placemats and table runners, hope there is a picture soon. After dinner with the parents you can find me in my sewing room. How is Sophia doing?

I have the food ready to take to dad's. I bring food, he complains that I bring too much, I bring some home. Today it isn't too much food it's just a variety and looks like a lot.

Whenever I get home I will work on my sewing. This month is going by quickly.

You girls have an amazing day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:07 pm

Chris , Sophia is doing ok...She has a lot of joint pain either from the high Iron levels or the high liver enzymes...they are not sure but wont make any decisions untill she sees a Rheumatologist in august. Right now they have ordered Physical therapy to help mitigate the aches and pains she has,,,SHe is a trooper and is now watching everything shre eats( cannot have too much iron) and a whole set of excersizes to do from the PT...Drs have all said the same...this can either n ot bother her the rest of her life or it can go south and she would need a liver transplant. We continue to pray that this great little girl has no more pain and continues to improve...If you had missed the prayer request it stems from Sophia having inherited several genetic problems..that just reared their ugly head on my 11 year old grand daughter, Thank you for asking,,,,xxxxoooo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:19 pm

Judi, so sorry this is happening to such a young girl.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:14 pm

Judi, thanks for the update. I will continue to add Sophia in my prayers.
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”