Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June13th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday June13th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:03 am

Good Morning sunny and bright going into the 80s today Tomorrow 98 ( too hot) I have chores to do today cleaning 2 bathrooms and I noticed the new bathroom downstair n the basement could use a bit of cleaning,,,so that is where Ill be. It might be too hot this afternoon to do yard work We shall see there might be a bit of that in my future, I still have to get mulch,,( no room in the truck after the wood got in there)
Didnt get into the sewing room much yesterday but will try to get there thid afternoon. or evening. hope your day is shaping up ....those of you in the severe heat west of us...Keep your cool....keep Chrissy1 in your prayers today as she faces surgery,,,If youd like to send her a card Im sure she will love well cards. When I had surgery the get well cards I recieved made me feel so loved....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday June13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:51 am

Good morning,

JUDI - You are too hot for me! Do you have AC? Your basement is really surging towards the end of the race! It's going to look so pretty for the holidays! You may need another tree! Funny about Liam going fishing IN THE RIVER. Some people fish from the banks. :lol: I will keep Chrissy in prayer. Please update us when you know anything.

CHRISS - I'm happy you found your jeans and capris! I have several pair of those same capris, only on me, they are almost as long as jeans. I found skorts at Costco - they end about 3" above my knee, are SOOO comfortable, and I don't have to keep hoisting them at my waist. They stay put! I bought 5 of them in various colors. And yes, now that Beverly has found out where we all "live", I guess there will be no more goofing off. We better get busy on those blocks! You mentioned recovering your couch. We had an estimate a few months back to recover our two loveseats in the living room. $7,000! We said no thank you. We cleaned them instead with our Little Green Machine for the cost of a bottle of cleaning sol'n. We put a fleece blankie on one for Scottie but the Foxy appropriated that and Scottie goes for the non-blanketed one. haha! Kids!! We also have our vacuum behind a closet door. Snickers ran outside when he heard that door open, but Scottie comes running. He thinks the vac is a big loud dog toy! Snick thought it was a big, loud dog-eater. :lol:

BEV - sorry we've been keeping the Sew-in a secret. You know, there are, I think 11, maybe 12 sections in this forum. Have you checked out any of the others?? I think there are a lot of members who never go anywhere but the Sew-in. Like Chriss, I go down the Index page and check dates for latest postings in each section and check out any new ones.

SHERRY - enjoy your time with your sons and your grand-dogs! You are very blessed to be able to see them all so often.

JANA - I bet your jam looks pretty on the counter! My mom always taught me to set the jars upside down on the counter for the first 24 hours to help insure a good seal. Then turn them upright and admire them for as many days as you can spare the counter space. She always said it gives a feeling of accomplishment and keeps you going. One year my mom canned 1,400 QUARTS of fruits and veggies and that doesn't count all her jams and jellies. She felt a lot of accomplishment that year! I keep two qts of cherries she canned in 1976 in my pantry just to keep her spirit in my kitchen. Let my kids ponder THAT find when they clear out my house! :lol:

VAL - you will have no problem with that Starry Night class. Your fabric is beautiful!

LYN - did your BIL's idea work for the mirror? And I agree with you, I don't think whizzing down the freeway at 60mph with someone in the "toad" would be the smartest idea. We had a friend once who was towing his car with his motorhome, and suddenly looked out his window and saw his car passing the motorhome - in the median!

MARY Q - how did your day go yesterday? Have a nice visit with Tom & Viv? Was this the first time they've seen your new home?

Yesterday I figured out (mostly) how to make my August Calendar Swap block. I never got the pattern so I went ahead without it. I got one sample block finished and have 5 to go. Then I went out to the trailer and cleaned/purged/restocked everything. All that's left is Bill's stuff, which I don't dare touch. He's picky about that. Then we will vacuum and mop our way out the door when he's done and we will close it up until next time. He needs to jack it up and check wheel bearings, brakes, and other manly things so we had to finish cleaning so we could pull in the slides so he can do these other chores.

Today will be mostly sewing my August blocks. I think. But I always try to choose one household chore to add to my day so they don't all overwhelm me at once. Not sure yet what it will be . . .

May your bobbins all be full!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:54 am

Good morning!

Well my heat has moved on and Maryz's weather arrived , lowering out temps and brought us beautiful wet rain! Thanks for that!

Today is doing uglies and get them out of the way. Not many to do, with just two of us in the house. Michael has learned after all these years not to make messes and leave them.

So today is nothing out of our normal routine. I am just fussing around sewing stuff I have as UFO's needing attention. Read the other day Congress is now looking into UFOs - heck, we quillters could save them time and money, we have know for years about those sightings !

Hugs, prayers, safe travels, especially for mirrors to hang on!

Jana

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:31 am

Hot here too around 95 to the heat index of 100 all week and of course this is VBS week so we are going to be hot hot hot

School is done mailing everything out today and that wraps it up so won’t won’t go back to work till September

Did Lil Yardwork work this morning before it got too hot now we’re back in the house and later after lunch we’ll go swimming for a few hours and then tonight DH and I have to go pick up hay and we will probably go swimming after that too

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:44 am

Good morning. Is this going to be a beautiful day or what? Last night it cooled down enough from our 90 plus degrees to open the windows. This morning it is still cool and the windows are still open. We are only supposed to see 80* today. And the even better news is, on Friday when I go see Richard, it will be the mid 70's and overcast. Does God take care of me or what. I'm overjoyed.

Judi, I didn't sew much either yesterday. We went to town to get some jeans and my day went poof from there. Today is another story. Thanks for the info on Chrissy, I pray things come out ok.

Maryz, guess we aren't twins. I very rarely choose a household chore. I will be in my sewing room today. Have zoom at 10 but other than that it's sew, sew, sew. What pattern were you waiting for? I have lots of patterns, maybe I have it? The skorts you got are really cute. I've often thought of getting a green machine. then the though passes and I move onto something else.

Jana, you are so correct about us supplying all the UFO's needed. Can I send Jerry to Michael for "don't make a mess training?" Jerry is a setter. He sets stuff down wherever he is. There is a tape measure that I know has been sitting on a shelf so long that if you lifted it up there would be a dust outline of it. Which means I am not much into dusting. Guess I will need some training too. We didn't get rain but did get lower temps.

Izzy, I loved VBS as a kid. So fun.

Has anyone heard from Becca or Cindy?

Looks like everyone else is sleeping in. I need breakfast so off I go to start my day.

You all have the best week ever,
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:53 am

A quick drive by. I was tired, turned alarm off and fell back to sleep, so now running to get it all done.

Chriss, many campgrounds in tornado country have a building you can go to if there's a tornado warning. Lots of times it's the restrooms because they tend to build them out of cinderblock. Me missed hearing the tornado siren last week. My phone alarm said only severe thunderstorm. Those who heard it had a Potty Party in the bathrooms. Glad ya found jeans!!

MaryZ, have friends that pulled their boat behind their 28' 5th wheel to and from Canada to Wisconsin. Once they were driving home and Judy looked out her window and said, "Chuck there's a boat in the ditch coming along side us. CHUCK, IT'S OUR BOAT!" :lol: No damage to boat. Had to re-weld hitch on 5th.

I'm happy to say my DBIL, Jason, and I (mirror holder) fixed the mirror. He brought a small piece of PVC pipe that fit inside the broken piece. After he got that inside, he JB Welded the metal pieces together. We found the ladder had a rung just the right height to lean it on while drying, also taped it to ladder. After we ate an early dinner, he put it in place and I checked from the driver seat to make sure angle was right. After he tightened it, I wrapped Gorilla tape around it and arm.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 am

Good Morning all

Looks like we got some rain over night! I didn't hear a thing! It's a little wet on the street outside and man is it damp inside. Don't think I'll need the AC today for sure tomorrow and the weather app on my phones says it will get up to 96* They've issued a heat advisory already!

Judi... My Brennen works at the greeenhouse a mile from my house... that's where I am headed today ! I've been going to go there for a few weeks now and just haven't made it. In the townhouse development EVERYBODY has all sorts of flowers and plants out and yard "bling" out! I'm definitely lagging! It's got to be nice and cool in your basement! Sounds like it would be a good place to hide out for the day.. maybe bring the sewing machine DOWN for a little bit!

Maryz... Tom and Viv just stopped by on their way out of town... They had been here before. Tom directed Shawn and Bren how to install my new kitchen faucet a while back. Does Costco carry those skorts in PLUS sizes? I don't have a Costco card, but it might be worth it! I could probably look at Sam's but I never find anything for my lard butt there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Izzy.... Taking a dunk in pool on a hot hot hot day... sounds just wonderful! I bet Lil Man is a little fish in the water and can spend hours in there for sure. Does your DD enjoy it too?

Chriss... . Do your thoughts come and go as quickly as mine? Do you ever think about making a list of the things you need to think about... so you can come back to them? I haven't yet, but I think I might have to start, because I forget. Good thing Jerry and I don't share a house, there would be stuff SET all over... I set things down... especially my phone and forget where I've set them!

Jana... Oh gosh I hope that Government doesn't come looking for UFO's at my house! They'd find a couple boxes full and haul me off to the funny farm!

Lyn.... Glad you were able to get that mirror at least temporarily fixed!!!! Do you feel a little safer driving back to CO now? I'll send a prayer to St. Christopher just in case!

Does anybody remember when Cindy is having her surgery? I'm thinking it was this month some time... Along with Chrissy.. she could probably use a little love and affection in the mail!

Guess I better get a move-on. Am meeting a few former co-workers for lunch today. One of them is the gal that lives in my same complex that "found" this townhouse for me, so I'll scoop her up on my way. After that I'm determined to get some "bling" for my front patio. Then I'll be in the sewing room finishing up another one of KC's quilts. I've gotten 3 done so far and with luck I might be able to get to another one tomorrow, before I go see her on Wednesday. She's been sorting fabric as "stay" or "Go" so I hope we can make good progress. It's a lot of work, but I have to say I'm having a little bit of fun too!

Prayers for all today... Keep hydrated in the heet!!!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:10 am

Good morning all! Sadie is doing really well staying with me, Smoke and Sweetie. She slept with Smoke on one of the beds in the other room instead of with me. That is fine because if I had all three of them with me there would have been no room for me. I just had Sweetie with me last night. Sweetie and Sadie get along very well so she doesn't hide from Sadie. I do wish though that I could get Sadie to eat some more.

Starting tomorrow it is supposed to be very hot so I know the A/C will be running probably all day. Smoke and Sadie will probably not be playing out in the fenced in yard much tomorrow.

Better go get some lunch for all of us. Have a safe and cool day. Doug is bringing Jax over today so they can all play together.
Sherry

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:07 am

Rain forecast for most of the day today! I’m grateful for it as I have a huge yard, an acre of grass, & all the sprinklers just do not hit all of the spots. I’m in Utah. I was going to do some yard work, but with the rain it looks like I’ll sew a few blocks instead. Then it’s off to teach music lessons.

Jana I did meet you once & went to lunch with Vinae & you. Vinae isn’t sewing these days. I invited her to the Calendar swap & sadly she’s not sewing.

Sherry you mentioned Sadie, which I think is your cute doggie. I had a Sadie too, but she’s a horse. Hehe. We have horses, cats, birds etc at our house. Our mini Lucky Rose Ranch.

Chriss I’ll tease you & Mary about sewing away. Hehe Maryz I’ve been thinking about an event, but with fuel etc will have to wait a bit.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:13 am

So glad you reminded me about meeting! I remember now. Glad you joined us here now. I have been wondering about Vinae. Hopefully she will start up again sewing. He cabin quilts are lovely.

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”