Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday june 12Th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday june 12Th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:58 am

Good morning Cloudy and warm here going to 81. More of the same. working on the basement today and I will be down there trying to declutter the work area. Ken has the rest of the ceiling to do. and then he may start on the new stairway. as soon as the room is cleaned out. I will be buying paint soon and the flooring is scheduled for the end of July.
I started putting togther th sew along quilt...another project I neded to finish...I kept telling myself I had no ufos untill I started cleaning out the quilting closet. I will get them done.
I need to comb my hair and get coffee. May your day be blessed. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Sunday june 12Th 2022

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:13 am

Morning Judi and all to follow

Yesterday was weird. Spent time with tomatoe plants, they are doing good. Took puppy to DDIL for playtime. About 5 pm we went to downtown Miller, a whole mile away, to a fundraiser for a neighbor struggling with brain cancer. Keep Kayla Hoven in your prayers. She is young with 2 small kids and fighting hard. Then we drove about 40 minutes to pick up loveseat for living room. Our couch died a month ago. All we had for seating was 2 rockers. Loveseat is light gray, very contemporary with no arm rests. Eventually Joe will make couch, we saved cushion from previous set, and this will go in guest room or in front porch once it's enclosed.
Time to scoot. Relaxing only thing on schedule except church.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:14 am

Summer is here-should be almost 100 mid week. Tues going to start kits with the other Diane and a few others at a new place for us. Its in a DAV room. We were given the okay by them. We were doing the kits at the rec ctr of the old base--but they wanted to charge us. Making kits for vets at the base?? Charging us?? Talk about a little crazy.

DS and DDIL babysat the grands last night and they are walking over here later this morning with them.
Now I can get my hugs that make me smile.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:27 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Will Ken get the ceiling finished today?? That will be exciting! and I guess when he starts the stairs, he will at least get a rudimentary set built all in one day or you will be lowering his supper down in a bucket! My sister has a complete 2-bd apt in her basement and their renter moved out in january so they've been doing a total renovation, too. Not as extensive as you, but new floors, paint walls & ceiling, new wood trim, stairs, etc. They still have the bathroom and the kitchen to do. So I'm getting basement remodel reports from both of you. I'm glad you still have sewing time. I have two on-going projects that I take to work on in the trailer - my 4" stars ("Star Bright") and my crazy quilt. Do those count as UFO's? They are meant to be travel projects. I do have one official UFO - I won the May lotto so I have those blocks to put together when I get my current projects finished: Irish Chain, Calendar Swap, and bind Buckeye Beauty. Bill has Buckeye half quilted now.

FLO - Joe has a lot on his plate - build couches, porches, and kitchen cabinets, plus grind stumps! He's a talented guy! How much is he working? Are you feeling any better with your UTI?

DIANE - Glad you found a better place to work on your kits. Enjoy those GG's today!

MARY Q - how did the party go yesterday? Are Tom and Viv going home today? I love that you are such great friends with your son's MIL. Not only that, but you share your quilting passion! You are a lucky, lucky woman!

CHRISS - what are you going to do with your Sunday?

KATHY - hope you saw my note yesterday about stitching on black - put a white towel on your lap first. Makes the holes in the aida cloth show up better.

VELDA - are you here? I seem to have missed you this week.

SUZETTE - where are you??

SHARONA - I know you were traveling and then having surgery. When should I send the prayers??

LOIS - How are the birds coming along? Pieced birds always make me think of Pam Bono's patterns. She had some lovely ones.

Yesterday I emptied the trailer pantry, brought it's contents into the house and had to reorganize the house pantry to fit it all in - then restock trailer as it's our disaster plan. I also washed all my new fabrics, plus some I bought on our trip, and the Irish fabrics to finish up my Irish Chain, including the 3-1/2 yds of 118" wide backing. I put everything on the clotheslines. I folded it all and now the real work starts - fitting it all into my stash! I almost wish Trains LQS would have their sale only once a year instead of twice. I averaged $6.45/yd at that sale. Hard to pass up!

Yesterday I also finished my PP patriotic puppies blocks for the June lotto. I was pleased with how they turned out. Today I'll start my Calendar Swap blocks for August. Since my pattern never arrived I snapped a picture off pinterest, printed and enlarged it, and will try to 'wing it' from there. It's a pieced campfire with marshmellows. We'll see how it goes. Definitely will make a practice block first!

I hope we all get thread on us today!

mary z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:34 am

Good morning. It's going to be a marvelous day. So much is going my way. I'm back on track with my diet, two pounds to go. Two pounds may not seem like much to most people but gaining a few pounds for me leads to being overweight quickly. I don't want to go there again.

Found some Capri's at Costco online but haven't purchased them yet. Do I really need them? I wish they also had the regular jeans (Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda) that I like in my size but they are sold out. Still on the fence about ordering. That's my big dilemma for the day. Finding affordable jeans.

Today is all about calendar swap blocks. Soon I will get dressed, have breakfast and go sew. If that is your plan come on over and we will accomplish it together.

Judi, how many UFO's did you find? I bet you are loving the progress made on the basement. My grandma's house had a basement and I always wanted to finish it and live there. I didn't know that the God's Not Dead movie was a series, I will check it out. You can download The Angel Network and watch The Chosen for free. I think there were three seasons, I am so looking forward to the next one.

Flo, yesterday didn't sound weird to me. I would love a new couch. Actually, just recovering mine would be a marvelous thing. It's only used by the dog. Prayers for your young friend.

Diane, glad you can now get those kits cut out at no charge. Enjoy the grands, add a smooch or two from me.

Maryz, I saw your cute puppies. Love them.

I need to move my buns, you all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:09 am

Good Morning Girls

Tis 0844 CDT and I'm actually UP and out of bed! Had to you-know-what, so I thought I might as well stay up and get an early start ... have a couple chores to do this morning, then will sew the rest of the day away! It's a wee bit chilly here this morning... should have grabbed a pair of sweat pants instead of shorts to throw on but it's headed to 81* so I guess I won't turn the furnace on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judi.... Is your basement nice and cool? That would sure make it easier for Ken to work down there. Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel of that project isn't it. I don't remember... are you putting carpet down or some kind of plank floor?

Flo,... Always so sad to hear of young people with families struggling with cancer. I'll send a prayer or two her way. Your Joe is sure talented if he can build a couch!

Diane.... Must be a government operation that wants to charge you for use of the room!!!
that's just crazy... especially when doing things for Vets!!!

Maryz... The party was a big success. Perfect Weather... Wonderful good food. Tom and Viv are going to stop by before they head home this morning. You really can't pass up a good deal at Trains... I'm wanting to go to the fabric warehouse of these days for a "fix", but probably shouldn't... everything is always 1/2 off there.

Chriss... Only 2 pounds to go??? Amazing!!!!! Did you decide on a design for your April Blocks? I guess I should go look at the swap topic huh?

Guess I better move my bunns too... The vacuum is still sitting in the middle of the living room and I should probably at least try to have the house looking like NOT a disaster area before Tom and Viv get here----not that they care.

And I need more coffee!

Enjoy your day!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:21 am

Chriss, hope you see this. I just checked JC Penney's and they have Gloria's jeans on sale. If you add code, Friend19, they're under $18. I wear those jeans too. I just may have to run to the store tomorrow while DH is getting IV, there's one close.

Flo, prayers for Kayla. Never heard of an armless loveseat before.

MaryZ, will you organize my day? Maybe I'd get more done.

Judi, hope the construction gets finished on time. I remember finishing our basement in Utah, boy was I glad when it was done!!

We were up past 1 a.m. There was a storm coming and north of us it had caused weather people to issue tornado warnings. Fortunately it was only rain and a little wind here.
In-laws are coming over today. BIL thinks he might have an idea on riggen' the mirror, so we can see to Colorado.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:39 am

Blessed Sunday to everyone!''

Got off duty at 6. Charting all done. Need to send in my payroll for one visit to my daytime patient. Today just me and Dad, DH working. Dad is for now still asleep. I try not to make noise in the back of the house so he sleeps in a bit. Gives me a few me minutes.

Got 2 lotto blocks and 2 Calendar blocks done at Free Sew yesterday. Spent about an hour and a half with another quilter helping her pick out fabric. No more Free Sew till I think the 21st.

What is this show "The Chosen" about? I have not heard of it and not sure if we get that channel. I don't watch much TV so no clue what we get and what we don't.

Chriss I am a bit nervous about the Starry Night class. I have ordered a fabric Prisma Dye I think it is in the color Marine for the back ground. It is a batik and want to do the rest in batiks also. We are doing the angel first so trying to think of fabric for it.

Lyn you are right, that does not sound like a good plan.

Currently 62 and supposed to get to 75. A nice break from the heatwave. MY little air conditioner is not doing so well against 95 - 100 degree weather. I might have DH take a look at it and see if maybe it needs cleaning or something. It is getting older so who knows.

Nothing much else new. Just Dad care today and will try to sneak in some sewing. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:40 am

Good morning!

Just waiting for the clock to chime that's it time to leave for church. It will be a bit longer. Not much new here. My strawberry jam looks so pretty, sitting in jars on my counter. Tastes yummy too! I have to wait, remove the rings and them place the jars in the box and put away. My canning guru, Sarah, who has a degree in food preservation, tells me I must remove the rings now, as it makes it safer to see if the seal has broken in storage. If your ring is on tight, and you loosen it, did you break the seal right then, or has it been broken longer, possibly allowing spoilage. I was never a ring remover before, but I do now. I also never water bathed jam before, just hot packed the jars, but, the companies that make the sealing lids have changed the formulation of the rubber sealant, so to be sure of a good seal, Sarah water baths or pressure cans everything. A word to the wise.

After church, a short nap, then down to my favorite place, which happens to be the coolest place, weather wise, as well a fun! The Batt Cave! Time to sew and watch my Giants play a ball game.

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:47 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. My oldest son Rob from Elkhart is coming here today with his dog Sadie. He has to go to a 3 day meeting in Dearborn so I am babysitting Sadie. She gets along great with Smoke and even Sweetie doesn't hide from her. She is 8 years old so a calm dog. My bed will be pretty full for the next couple of days. He is also taking me out to lunch today before he goes on up to Dearborn. His meeting starts at 8 tomorrow morning so he is going up today so he doesn't have to get up very early tomorrow to get there.

Got my lawn mowed so not much planned while Sadie is here. My other son Doug is bringing Jax over Monday so they can all have a "playdate". Will be quite busy that day. The Belmont Race was very good yesterday, but my Cubs lost big time to the Yankees last night. Hope we do better today.

Well, better get going for the day. Have a good and safe day everyone.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”