Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday june 12Th 2022

Daily discussions.
MuseAndSew

Re: Sunday june 12Th 2022

Post by MuseAndSew » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:21 am

Chriss mentioned a Sew in on the Calendar swap & so I checked looked around the quiltinaday site? I had no idea you had a daily check in. Look what I’ve been missing all these years. What a surprise. I hope you don’t mind me checking in. Do you have any rules?

Chriss— I love the shorts Lyn found! I might have to get a pair. How much weight have you lost?

Jana- Strawberry 🍓 Jam sounds yummy! My days lives to make freezer jam so she usually gives me some of hers.

Prayers for Kayla!

It’s fun to get a glimpse of your lives!
I’ll be heading to church in a couple hours. Then maybe later today cut out the remainder of my calendar blocks. I have the Oct blocks done!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:15 am

Jane Pauley is over, I watch her every Sunday morning. That means it's time to sew.

Maryq, I do have only two pounds to go, but in all honesty, I have been losing and gianing the same dang 5 pounds for a very long time. I say things to my self like maybe if I just shave my legs, or weigh before I eat, or, my favorite, exhale as the scale shows my weight. None of the above work so I am open for suggestions. My April block will be a bunny in an Easter basket. I have all 12 of my blocks ready to be sewn down, then I will give my bunnies eyes and a nose. Wouldn't want to send them in to Beverly if they didn't smell. If my vac. was sitting in the middle of my living room Moose would be barking. He barks when he hears the closet door open because he knows the vac is behind that door. Have a fun day.

Lyn, I saw those jeans. There is one pair at the store nearest me. I'm going to check to see when the coupon ends. I go see my son on Friday and may check stores along the way, if there are any. So many stores have closed their doors lately I'm not sure where other stores are. Glad the mirror will see at least a temporary fix. what would you do if you were in your MH and a tornado came? Never having lived in tornado areas I don't know?

Valerie, I googled Prisma Dye, really quite pretty. I made a quilt for my son from all batiks, I loved the way it looked. Yours will be gorgeous, I bet you will love how it turns out. The Chosen is the New Testament shown as a series. It puts names and faces to the stories. It's kind of a timeline. I would watch it agin but first need to see what else is in the God's Not Dead series that Judi mentioned.

Jana, Jerry has made freezer jam. Basically jam frozen into containers. I love home made jam, but haven't had it in a couple of years. I bet yours made the house smell wonderful while you were making it and would be so flavorful on a slice of bread with butter or peanut butter. yum.

Sherry, you are blessed. You get to see your sons often. glad the lawn is mowed and that chore is checked off your list.

Beverly, ha, wish I had known you hadn't known about the sewin. When I get here I first check the dates on all the categories ( right side of the screen for me) to see if anything new has been added. Then I go to the pictures because I don't want to miss anything, then look to see if anyone has added new pictures, then here to check in with my homegirls, hope you come back often. There are no rules, we just kind of get to know each other and offer support, kindness and prayers. In the Chit Chat section some of the girls post what they are having for dinner and there are other categories there too. It will be good to hear what you are up to.

Ok, now that Beverly knows where to find me I had best go get those blocks done for her swap.

Have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:19 pm

good afternoon checking back in,,,Chris I will check out 'chosen'...I know it is good I have seen the trailers...it will take me awhile to catch up.
The ceiling is almost complete...I will schedule the painters for 2 weeks/ Ken should be ready by then...He added more ceiling lights then went to Home Depot with Jeff and Liam to get more wood...there help was appreciated so I could clean the basement....and I did....then Liam stayed and cut the grass for us and decided ti go fishing in the river,,,,,IN THE RIVER...Luckily I had extra clothes here...We had home made pizza for supper and it was judged super good/ Now the Kid and the Pa are back down fishing,,,till they get tired of that then we will head over to DDs to have a very late happy hour. Life is good around here,,,,,prayers for those battling cancer....and a few prayers are needed for our very own Chrissy1 She is having surgery in the morning on her thyroid...there seems to be a troublesome nodule...she didnt explain. but with all her medical issues I know she could use some extra prayers...thanksxxxxxxxooooooo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:26 pm

Lyn, Jerry and I went to Costco and got the Capri's on sale and then went to Penney's to get the jeans on sale. Tomorrow they all go in the wash and get hung up in the closet. Yay me.
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”