Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

saturday june 11th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

saturday june 11th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:35 am

Good sunny morning. Lots planned today...headed to the home Depot to make a visit ...I need a new hose nozzle and some mulch. Ken needs some trim wood. but first I will cook up some bacon and eggs and toast.
I have more yard work to do today and if it deosnt rain that is where Ill be. If it rains check out my sewing room it is much too neat. hope your day puts you where you want to beXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: saturday june 11th

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:11 am

Morning
Urologist put me on a pill that prevents bacteria from growing in bladder. I see her again in 3 months. After appointment we went to lunch at a local spot we like.
Maryq, my bladder was taken care of when had hysterectomy. My uterus was adhered to bladder so bladder needed repairs.
Today is catch up on laundry and yard work...it finally stopped raining.
Have a sew great day.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:19 am

Good morning ,

Today I have 1 load of laundry and then I'm sewing on my birds.
There is nothing new to report.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:49 am

Good Cloudy Morning.....they say the sun is coming....

Not sure what the day holds. I'm having a grocery this AM. I think I'll do some general uglies & work on the piles of everything on then sewing tables.

Got a call from my BFF......she & her DH have a nasty case of Covid. She was so shocked as they both have all the shots.

Judi.....hope you find all you need at HD...love that store.

Flo......happy ypu fond a med that will help with those UTIs.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:09 am

Good morning world. 65 here already and climbing to 88 so they say but I think it will get hotter. It did yesterday.

Spent yesterday at Free Sew and going again today. Got my 11th BOM done in both colorways. One more block to go then the finishing. Found some RWB fabric for Lotto and 2 blocks cut out. Have 3 calendar blocks cut so will work on all them today. Signed up for the Starry Night class starting in August and ordered a background. Now to figure out the other fabrics. We are doing the Angel first. I think she needs to be very bright! Have decided to it in Batiks.

I have agreed to work 6 hours tonight. Oh why did I do that? Maybe I won't get any calls.

Kathy hoping things go well for your BFF. Unfortunately, even with the shots you can still contact Covid. The shots though usually will keep you from getting as sick and certainly out of the hospital. There are exceptions though. I still wear a mask most places I go.

Flo glad the doctor was able to do something for you. I grew up with all kinds of urinary tract issues but seem to have overcome them except I still have microscopic blood when a urine test is done. Been that way for 60 years. No one knows why.

Well a few things to do before end of my shift (I am on the clock by the way) before it's time to leave for Free Sew. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:22 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I checked your weather - you're good to work outside - no rain predicted! Besides, the poor mosquitoes are probably hungry! Did they enjoy the movie last night? And did you get any sewing done?

FLO - I hope this new treatment works for you. I haven't had a UTI in years, but I do remember they are no fun!

KATHY - always nice to find you here! I hope you find someone to mow. Do you have a community webpage? Maybe high school kids are looking for summer work? . . . Cross stitching on black is challenging. One hint is to put a white towel on your lap. Helps the little holes in the aida cloth to show up better. Sorry to hear about your friend having Covid. Imagine how sick they would be if they hadn't had the immunizations! They don't always prevent the disease, but they do usually keep you out of the hospital.

VAL - yay for Free Sew! and yay for 6 hours of pay to buy more fabric for more Free Sew! I'm excited for you to start your Starry Night Class. I love mine! What are you using for background? I used a fabric that looked like a night sky.

MARY Q - I'm sorry about your friend's mom. How is her dad doing? My mammo didn't hurt at all - and she was a good squisher! But I've had some that did. My techs have gone back to the "flat" machine because with the more comfy machines the radiologists were having to issue too many call-backs. And my "after mammo treat" was the fabric sale. :D :D :D Happy Graduation Party Day to Brennan! I like your yard care plan!!

CHRISS - Was yesterday the day you go see your son - or next Friday? How great that will be/was! I always love seeing where my kids work. At age 46 to 50, they are all the bosses at their jobs. And I am the boss's boss! :D You want to do a triple irish Chain? What colors would you use - do you know? I'm using traditional greens and white. I wanted to do triple but I didn't have a pattern, but I did have QIAD's book for single and double so I went with double. I'm loving how it looks. I'll get back to it next week. When is the new baby due next door? Do we know if it's a girl or boy yet? A few days back I think it was you who asked how we store our fabric. I never got around to answering since I was camping. I have floor to ceiling cabinets/shelving and I sort regular fabrics by color. Then I have sections for cat fabric, RWB, CW, batiks, landscape, novelty, Irish, Christmas, non-Christmas holidays, and a few others. I have wools and backings in totes that are shoved under the quilting frame. My scraps are in a 4-drawer iris cart - white/cream, light, medium, and dark.

LYN - that's terrible about the mirror and the surrounding situation. I KNOW those mirrors are very expensive because they aren't just mirrors. I hope this resolves quickly for you. (and less quickly for that guy!)

Yesterday was full - mammo, fabric sale, clean bathroom, organize back pantry, and make one PP block for June lotto. The fabric at the sale was all good quality, plentiful, and 'cheap'. I paid an average of $6.45/yd. and at that price I really stocked up. Unfortunately, when I got my mammo, there was a beautiful floral quilt on the wall in the office. It really caught my eye and I realized I have no florals! So I added a bunch of them to my pile, too! Now I need to make a floral section in my stash! I also got fabric for 4 backings, WOW, a few greens, blues, and reds, and patriotic.

Today is an unknown - I still haven't cleaned our trailer so I might get started on that today. Also, I want to make another PP Lotto block, wash fabric, and clean another bathroom. We have a Boondocker coming in for the night. So far we really have enjoyed the Boondockers and our July calendar is rapidly filling up
with 'guests'. We had to block out a week mid-month for some out of state friends to come visit. Makes me feel popular! :lol:

Be cool!

Mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:36 am

Good Day Everyone!
MaryQ, Transwest in Colorado, where we bought the Coach, has ordered the mirror because it will take two weeks to get. So I will have to figure out a way to tie this one in place to make it usable.
Here's an example of my DH's thinking. He told me that he would have to sit in the passenger side of the Jeep and tell me on the walkie-talkie if it was safe to turn right. There is NO way I would allow anyone to sit in the tow vehicle while driving down the road. My DBIL has offered to help figure out a way to make mirror usable.

Today I'm going to play with fabric.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:23 am

Good morning and happy Saturday. It's going to be a great day today.

This morning our quilt group meets then I am off to the Autoparts store. Seems that my break light decided to go out. Then the grocery store for salad fixings and home to sew. I had planned to get my calendar blocks in the mail by Monday but am not sure that will happen.

Got my shingles vaccine this past week and am feeling the effects of it. Second dose is in August. Kind of weird how vaccines make you feel like you have the flu, but a few aches are much better than the illness.

Enough about me, lets talk about you.

Judi, happy new nozzle day, you just live on the edge. I will be in the sewing room this afternoon, see you there. How did you like the God's Not Dead movie? Have you watched The Chosen ? It's free on the Angel Network. Just google The Chosen.

Flo, hope the pill works, wouldn't that be wonderful.

Lois, one load of laundry then it's off to the birds. It's going to be a great day.

Kathy, do the piles of stuff ever go away? What are you working on in your sewing room? Glad you found a lawn person, just think, this time next week you will see what has been lurking in the tall grass.

Val, great progress on that BOM. The starry night class should be fun, it will be a beautiful quilt

Maryz, sounds like you made a real dent in the fabric store. Which PP block are you making? I'm glad the boondocking is working for you.

Lyn, hope the mirror wrecker is caught and has to pay. While Garry's suggestion wasn't a good one, at least his mind is working on solving the problem.

Maryq, Enjoy the graduation party. Such an exciting time for Bren. Is he your oldest grand? I also have two tabs open and every so often click the wrong X when posting.

Time for breakfast. I'm thinking 90 second bread with a couple of fried eggs, bacon and some cheese. Kind of Egg McMuffinish. Then get dressed for the guilt group. I have some quilt books I need to get rid of and will take them for the girls to go through first. I have this thing where I buy patterns and books if I go to yard sales or thrift stores. Then bring them home and look through them. Usually I end up donating them someplace or giving them away.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:40 am

Good morning!

Lyn - had to smile at Garry's idea - I was thinking he was going to say, he would hang out the window and look! You'll figure it out!

Today is just plain old hot here! Already at 77 and climbing fast! The house is shut up and the A/C is set to come on.

Not much here. Ethan will be here all next week. Sarah is having company staying - loooooong story and doesn't want Ethan around when she is busy working, so he will spend time here. No problem, I can use his help.

After a few uglies, I will be in the cool Batt Cave, playing.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:19 pm

Chris I loved the "God is not dead" series...there are 4 now....so good. I havent watched the "Chosen" but Id like to. will check it out.

Return to “Sew ins”