Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday June 9th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday June 9th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:33 am

Good morning it is sunny and bright but rained all night so it is very wet....Ill bet the mosquitos are out and about just waiting for me to venture outside.
I dont have a lot planned for today...I have all my pantry stocked.( including tp and cleaning stuff) freezer is full. and my gas tank is full ( i got fuel for 4.85 which is good here but still maddening)
I did get part of the table runner quilted and might get that finished today. it is dries out I might get some yard work done...My garden cart broke.....it is 16 yers old...so might have to get a new one...its still usable but the bottom is about to fall out of it,,,If Ken has to go to HD today I may get a new one...O use a 4 wheel garden cart since I am not coordinated enough to do a one wheel wheelbarrow...Never have been able to manage one of those...
Well I need coffee and fuel for the day....Hit the 31# weight lose this week....I am thrilled. I feel so much better...too. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday June 9th

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am

Morning Judi and all to follow,

Today I am bringing cookies I baked to guys at local hardware store. To load stump grinder, I backed our truck up to back of trailer , my truck is a flatbed. Delivery guy put up lift gate on trailer against bed of my truck, then used pallet jack to move grinder. Hardware store let me use their back loading lane and secure load. Plus they made sure I was safe personally. They are the best of small rural town life.
Today is fuss with my tomato plants...
Have a sew great day
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:27 am

Good Day to All ❣️
Judi you are right, it's a Quilt of prayers for this group. After I posted I almost went back and changed it Tuesday.

Judi, when I bought my little house, I bought a red wagon instead of a wheel barrow to move dirt and such. I was pre planning for future Gkids.

Flo, nice men in your town to help. What cookies did you decide on?

DH is having a treatment today and taking tomorrow off, as his Sis & BIL have invited us to go to the Top Gun movie noon Friday.

We will leave for Colorado on June 22nd.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:34 am

Good morning

Today is our cleaning day not to much going on here we had rain a few hours this morning it's supposed to get up to 82⁰ today after cleaning I will be working on my sparrows they are coming out nice.
Mary Z nice you got all your fabric I called up keepsake quilting my backing is on back order so it should be in by the middle of the month but thats ok.
Judi congrats on your weight loss.

Well thats all the news from here have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:01 am

Good morning - from home!

LOIS - I hope your fabric arrives quickly. Do you have a deadline to get your DWR quilted?

FLO - so nice of the guys to help load. I was thinking of the unloading back at your place. Were you able to use the tractor for that? And yes, what kind of cookies did you make?

LYN - I used to use a little red wagon in the yard all the time until we used it once to gather up all of my son's old Tonka trucks to give to my niece who was visiting from CA for a family reunion. When she left I noticed my wagon went with her! But it was sure handy in the yard!

JUDI - CONGRATULATIONS!! 31#! I think you must have sent a few of them west! What a nice feeling to have everything stocked up. We did notice significantly fewer trucks on the highways as we returned home yesterday. That means fewer goods/food on store shelves and higher prices. Stocking up is smart!

We are home - the trailer is mostly emptied and I have the sheets/towels washed and ready to make the bed again. I will spend the next few days doing more laundry, cleaning, restocking for the next trip. Though we have nothing else planned until late August. We picked up our mail and now I have all the fabric I need to finish my Irish Chain and then some! Hooray!! I have a little fabric to wash, but I like to dry it on the line and with the rain for the next 4 days, that just ain't happening.

We had a really nice trip but it's always good to be home again. I'm eager to get back in the sewing room and join you all!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:15 am

Lyn I made Snickerdoodles...I was craving them. I use butter instead of shortening....better flavor I think.
Maryz, joe used tractor and just lifted it off truck bed. Whole task accomplished in a few minutes.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:21 am

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here in the mountain west! Who could stay asleep with such a bright sun shining in your face! It will be getting hot today, so will get what is needed done early and retire down to the cool Batt Cave. We are heading out shortly to make a scavenger run to Costco and Winco. So nice that we have them both in town, close to each other, now. No running all over the valley! Now if Trader Joe's would open a store here - perfect!

Daniel called and let me know more details of his move. And that the company he is currently employed at is keeping him as well as a new job here. The old company will send drawings and stuff for him to work on. That boy always has landed on his feet! So they will be saving all their salaries up for a new home while staying with us. Happy we can help. Though, I have been told, I am not to spoil my pixie, Karlie. Uh huh, yeah right! Me, spoil grandkids, never! And if you believe that, I have a orange bridge for sale, deed included, printed it up myself! 😀😃

Not much else in this part of the woods, Sarah is busy, as usual, Matt and family are off camping till the boys leave for scout camp, and Aaron is just Aaron, chasing the bad guys!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:25 am

Happy Thursday! Had a few minutes to spare so thought I would check in. Has been a busy month for Dad and doctors. He has 5 more apps to go.

Saw derm regarding his skin cancer. He says it is quite an aggressive type with some cells still present around the nerve. Normal follow up would be removal of parotid gland and radiation. Dad is going on 95 and not in the best of health. It would require general anesthetic which would be dangerous at his age and radiation would likely make him quite sick. So we have decided to leave well enough alone and watch it closely. If something looks suspicious he recommends treating with PD1 I think he called it. It is not chemotherapy but immunotherapy. So we will see. The wound is close to healing and looks good.

Gas is up to $6.40 average in CA but $6.69 at Chevron by my house. I need to get gas today so will check Safeway. It was $5.79 yesterday if you pay cash. It's going up 5 to 10 cents everyday.

Have one lotto block done. Need to find another pattern though as the one I did is poor directions and takes a long time.

Flo snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie! I will be right there.

Maryq welcome home. Glad you had a good time.

Well lots of errands to run and ugliest to do.

Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”