Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday June 8th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday June 8th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:08 am

Good morning i am up and ready for the day. I got my meat order all sealed and into the freezer. and got all the laundry done and put away and not a stitch of sewing done. we went to our great grandsons little league game...He is 6 and plays very well..by the time we got home it was my bedtime. so today is a new day.
Maryq I make a list of all the cuts of meat we eat chicken and beef...and the quantity. I hand the list to the butcher and tell him when I will pick it up...since I cook almost every night I plan on about 3-4 months worth/
We do go out to eat once and a while...so how long it lasts varies. I have an upright freezer in my laundry room and a bottom freezer on my fridge. I vacume seal all of it in 2 person meal size.
Chris the pattern I am using for the table runners is very simple..called "Day's Gone By" by Little Scraps from Tis & That, I am giving them to a couple of friends for Christmas. Keeping one for me. Uses Charms or cut 5 inch squares...I have been cutting my scraps into 5 in squares when ever possible/
I will head to Costco to fill the pantry today.. I cleaned it and rearranged it.. now i have more room. Since shortages are showing in the grocery stores I will make sure I have some long term supplies...and current foods to..and plenty of toilet paper///(just in case)/
Hope you all have a good day,,,doing what you need. Peayers for becca and all other who are in need...I like that Lynn said, throwing a blanket of prayer on all of you...( or maybe a quilt of prayer) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: wednesday June 8th 2022

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:23 am

Morning Judi and all to follow,

Stump grinder finally arrived. Since my driveway is so long and hard for semi to turn around in, I met truck in downtown Miller. Driver loaded it on my truck, it's a flat bed, and the guys in local hardware store secured load for me with ratchet straps....those things are beyond my capabilities. Then I drove the whole mile to my house. Joe hone tonight, and he will unload it with tractor....he is excited to use it! So today I will finally bake those cookies and bring some to guys at hardware store as a thank you. I am thinking snickerdoodles.
That's all the excitement in my world.
Have a sew great day
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 am

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday I wound up in the drs office with a mild case of poison ivy I got a shot and an ointment and I was back home so glad the itching went away and no im not a gardener I got this from the cat he must have gotten into it in the back yard all the way in the back so Bill will have to get rid of it and hope he dosent wind up with it.
Today I finishe up the wash and am in the sewing room sewing my sparrows.

Yes Judi there are alot of things that you can't in 1 store so its travel to the next but with the gas up we have to plan our outings.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a nice day.
Prayers for all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:15 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I bet it feels good to have that full freezer. Do you also add veggies, and other things? Even the little shopping we've done on this trip, we've seen empty shelves. I will be taking stock of our freezer when we get home. Our pantries are overflowing, but the freezer, not so much.

FLO - glad the stump grinder arrived. Smart to meet the truck in town. Did you lift it off your own truck with the tractor? Let the fun times begin!

LOIS - sorry about the poison ivy. Glad you were able to get the itching under control. I hope your kitty is OK. If he got it on his fur and then licks himself, he might have a bad reaction. How much property do you have?

Wine tasting yesterday was at Treveri Cellars and all champagne. We also ordered a small panini sandwich to share while there which served as our "lupper" (late lunch/early supper). It was fun and I liked all the sparkling wines but we didn't buy any. We are going home this morning. We have about a 4 hr run over Snoqualmie Pass (I-90). It should be a good traveling day. Home will be about 70* and cloudy. While here, I bought a new pair of white Sketchers with a clear cushion in the heel. After wearing them for 3 days they were so comfortable we went back yesterday and I got a second pair to put in reserve. Since I hate wearing most shoes, this is saying a lot! This afternoon I'll be getting tight with the washer & dryer. We have rec'd messages that we have about 6 packages waiting for us to pick up at the UPS store when we get home. Looks like all my Irish fabric arrived! yay! Plus the wide back I ordered and also a pattern that I can't remember what is. It's good to be me!

I'll be seeing you down the road!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:57 am

Good morning!

I will paraphrase a great philosopher, Horton, the Elephant. "I meant what I said, I said what I meant, the embroidery is done, 100 percent! Yes, I got all those shirts done for my big grands to head off to scout camps. Andrew is working at one camp, a leadership training camp and Logan is attending and then there's another one, somewhere, later. They will be busy all summer.

As my Aaron, says, I have a question for you. I did many many thread changes on my machine yesterday, doing that embroidery work, so here's the question - first, do you "thread the needle, or do you "needle the thread"? That is put the thread between your thumb and finger and then put the eye over the end of the thread,, or hold the needle and push the thread through? Now second, do you moisten the end of the thread, that is, LOL, spit or lick on it? I seem to have the habit of moistening my thread on my lips, licking it, before threading any needle, hand or machine. So I was just wondering? Thought provoking questions here today! :)

You can tell not much going on here. Working on my Sunday lesson and will play in the Batt Cave, after I dig my way in, it's a mess!

Hint, when filling your pantry, remember things that you season food with, salt, pepper,, spices, yeast, little every day items you don't usually think about. Water storage of some kind too. It's good to be prepared. Yes, I am a scout mom! LOL!

Enjoy the beautiful day!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:06 am

Good Morning!

Are you sure it's Wednesday! The pills I took this morning came out of the Tuesday spot in my med planer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judi... Great idea to be stocked up. I was thinking the other day I should take a trip to Sam's and pick up a few extra's of things. I don't often need things in bulk but for paper stuff etc I can keep extra's in the garage. You know how us old folks are about making sure we have enough TP around!

Flo.. Wowsers... you got that stump grinder home by yourself! Good thing you live close to town. Nice of the hardware store guys to help you out and I'm sure they will love their reward!

Lois.. Were you able to find a quilter close by? Have you sent out your DWR yet? Sorry about the Poison Ivy! Hope it clears up quickly!

Maryz.... Sketchers have been my "go to" shoes for years! I was glad I found a new pair at Target a couple weeks, but I only wear them for "dress up" ... I kind of rotate them out.. :lol: Somewhere I have a couple pair of sandals I should find for summer. Hope you have an easy drive home. How fun to come home to packages!! Did you find the Irish fabric you were looking for?

Jana.... Interesting question.... My regular machine has a needle threader, so mostly I use that, but when I thread my embroidery machine or a regular needle, I have to wet the end with a little spit too. That seems to keep all the plys of the thread together! And I guess I always saw my Mom doing that so I figured you were "supposed to"! :lol:

Tis a beautiful summer day here today... so grateful for these beautiful days ! Yesterday I did lock myself in the house all day and managed to finish one of KC's small quilts. With luck I'll get another one at least sandwiched and pinned. Viv may stop over today for coffee. And it's time to pay bills... so that's the extent of the excitement around here.

Have a happy Wednesday... with prayers for our Becca.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:33 am

Good Chilly, Dark, Wet, Morning...........

Things are going smoothly here. I finally have a young woman to come in clean. She's 25 & has never lived on her own. Not sure if she's ever been responsible for keeping someplace clean. She dusts around things. No worries I'm happy to guide her. She'll be here every 2 weeks for 3 hours.

Now I'm hunting for someone to mow the grass. My daughters are poking fun at me because I've called 7 places & no call backs. It's the next thing on my list this morning. It's up to my knees in some places. I hope today is my lucky day.

You know there are times in our lives when we feel the need to "nest"? Well I'm really feeling the need to "un-nest" in all rooms except my sewing room. I can't open a anything with out thinking what can I get rid of?

I'm still working hard to get back in to sewing. Everything in the world seems to be dumped on my sewing tables.

Deep & long Prayers for our dear country!

Judi......how organized of you ordering your meat like that. it's a wonderful idea. I would love to have a pantry. I have food in 4 different places in the kitchen.

Flo......I bet that the stump grinder really comes in handy when needed. I have a stump right next to the driveway. It's a problem for the snow plower. Have fun with you cookies, I'm sure they will love them.

Lois......good to hear you are less itchy. It can drive you crazy. I didn't know you could get it from pet.

Maryz.......LOL...."lupper"? Love it. Happy Dance to you. Finding a really comfortable pair is a gold mine. I wonder how comfortable those sneakers are that you just slid your feet into.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:22 am

Y'all talking about sneakers - I found some I really love! They're from a company named Kizik. A online company. I have trouble bending my knee and hip, on one side, to tie or even velcro close a pair of tenny runners. These look just like real live tie tenny runners, but you just slide your foot in squishing the back down and when your foot is in, the back pops up, right in place! They are very comfy. I love them! But, they are a tad bit pricey! I have a pair, the Sunset, that have a sunset color sole and are white for the main shoe. I keep them white by cleaning them with a clorox wipe- so far so good. They are not washable, only draw back. They have men's shoes as well. Lots of color choices.

Return to “Sew ins”