Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 6th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday June 6th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:20 am

Good mornng where is everyone...I got busy cleaning and forgot to come in...now it looks like everyone else did too...we must all have very clean houses...i have a lot to do today....bathrooms to scrub and sweeper to run dusting , I will however get to the sewing room this afternoon as soon as I get supper ready to go...hope your day is going as good as mine XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Monday June 6th

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 am

Morning Judi and all to follow

Still waiting on stump grinder...Joe will call this morning.
Had a bbq at kids house yesterday it was great. Kids did all the cooking. Even puppy went. He is still sleeping from all the excitement and playtime .

Today is raining, so probably laundry and may bake cookies.
Have a sew great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:33 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I was here - but on another part of the forum first. I did a morning of cleaning in the trailer yesterday. Since we were gone most of the day it doesn't look too bad this morning! Living in small quarters with long haired pets, we can "go bad" quickly! :lol:

It will be a quiet day here. We're going to a winery early afternoon and maybe having late lunch afterward and call it "lupper". So no cooking later? Since we were expecting three other couples who didn't show up I didn't come prepared to provide supper every single night. We might scoot over to Costco this morning. They have had skorts for sale and I've found them to fit extremely well and be very comfy. I'd like to get another one if they have any left at this Costco.

Make it a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:08 am

Good morning ☀️
I had a early morning meeting for school this morning now I’m working on paperwork so how is everyone this morning hopefully you’re gonna get some pretty weather and not the yucky stuff that’s moving through from the West Coast and down south around Texas so we are supposed to be pretty till late this afternoon a chance of thunderstorms

I’ve been working on my commission quilting job so I counted I have 20 more blocks to hand quilt so that’s not too bad so I’m about halfway done
I worked on the embroidery top as well this weekend and I got halfway around the center medallion so I’ve got the other half still to do in the dark blue and then I have to start all over again with the light blue

We got two new additions to the farm honeysuckle and Marigold two pure bread Nigerian registered does my new adventure that’s the going goat around here right now everyone wants the Nigerian dwarfs so I had already got the buck a few weeks back he’s a blue eyed and now I got the two girls in the different colors the marbled tan and then the multicolor black so I should have some really pretty babies when it comes all said and done because Oreo is black-and-white and gray

I won’t breed these girls until probably November it’s their first time breeding so I definitely want them dropping babies when the weather‘s nice

Nothing else new here just getting ready to wrap things up so that I can have summer break

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:21 am

Good Day Everyone ❣️
Yesterday we went over to Marilyn (DH'S little sis) & Jason's house. They surprised us by having a new boat in their driveway. We've seen them a couple of times here and they never mentioned it. Sneaky people! Nice bass boat, Velda it looks a lot like your last one. After we checked it all out we went to a museum. The Ensor (En zor) Park and Museum was owned by Garry's wood working teacher's family. Garry learned a lot from Marshall Ensor. Garry built a spinning wheel and a grandfather clock that won national prizes. Years ago we tried to visit but it was closed. I'm glad I remembered it on our way over to that side of town. We all enjoyed it, especially Garry. He told the two men, showing us around, several stories about Marshall. Had dinner after and came home to relax.

Garry sees the Dr today. She should have blood work back. I see her Friday, since my ultrasound stuff got mixed up and 2 tests are tomorrow.

Hope to play with fabric this afternoon.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:42 am

Good Morning To You all!

Is everybody sleeping in this morning? Usually I'm the last one to show up! I didn't crawl of bed until 0900... those extra few minutes are such a treat!

Judi... Oh my.... .you're funny CLEAN HOUSE! "A clean house is a sign of broken sewing machine" I've decided I don't have just one sewing room.. I have a "sewing house" Fabric and projects every where!

Flo... Isn't it great when someone else does all the cooking?

Maryz ... "Skorts" oh my I haven't heard of those in a long time. I remember them well tho from my high school years! We weren't allowed to wear them to school in 1969!

Izzy... More goats? My goodness you will be so busy at the farm! Do you ever have folks to come out and help you with chores and feedings and stuff?

Lyn.... My boys would be so jealous of a brand new bass boat!!! How fun for Garry to be able to see the museum. You weren't able to have your US test after all that water you drank? :roll:

Had a great time seeing my siblings and a couple nieces and nephews yesterday. The drive to my brother's was about an hour through some beautiful farm country! Crops are planted but barely coming up and you can see for miles and miles. Call me crazy, but I love driving through wide open spaces. Today I am headed over to KC's to help her clean a little more and bring her a gorgeous quilt that Viv finished for her. I sewed the binding down by machine instead of by hand and I have to say it turned out pretty good! Quite a bit faster! Tho I do still enjoy the hand stitching process! I'll post a picture under PHOTOS before I log off.

which I need to do to get ready to go!

Happy Monday Y'all!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 am

MaryQ, after drinking all that water, it was only for one test, not all 3. Since they had messed up my appt, they worked me in for the test that required the full bladder. The other 2 are tomorrow.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:44 am

Good morning!

So far, a quiet morning! Michael is taking a couple of tools over to Aaron's to help fix Aaron's car. I am staying here, cleaning up after the impromptu dinner here last night. Was lots of fun!

Then I am heading down to embroider those shirts for Crenda.

That's my day. Sarah is contacting the landscaper and we'll get this show off and running!

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:26 am

Just a quick post. We are at Brian's house to see our two grandkids home on leave. No time to chat for today and tomorrow. I will catch up with you when we get back home. 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:43 am

Hello my friends, it's going to be a beautiful day today. By Friday we will be in triple digits.
Quite hot, but it's a dry heat. Humid or dry, I will be indoors with the AC blasting.

Got all my fabric put away yesterday, I have an empty trunk. I sort my fabric in clear totes and really need a few more totes so I can sort a bit more. Right now, I have 5 totes full of mis matched fabric. I'm trying to determine how the best way to sort is. Would love to know what you all do.

Judi, I wasn't cleaning house. I'm really not that person, :lol: I will be joining you in the sewing room very soon.

Flo, is there leftover bbq? What kind of cookies? I may stop by for nourishment. Hope that stump grinder shows up soon.

Maryz, I haven't worn skorts in a long time. I wait for Costco to have capri's on sale. Since you will be shopping can you pick up a few things for me?

Izzy, happy summer vacation and happy goat day. Our school is out on Thursday. I will officially be off of get the boys to school duty then.

Lyn, what fun to get a tour of the town. Prayers for both you and Garry as you go to the doctor this week.

Maryq, enjoy helping KC today, I would love to help too but this last round of fabric that I brought home was crazy, I have enough fabric to last me for the rest of my entire life. I'm going to make strips and charms for scrap quilts just to use some of it up. Glad the picnic went well. I like driving through the country too. I try to avoid the freeway as much as I possibly can.

Jana, what was on the menu for the impromptu diner? Not sure what I would fix here if a crowd showed up. Maybe Hamburgers? No takeout or delivery near here. How was the self reliance lesson. I so hope those kids soaked up everything you had to tell them.

Velda, yay you. When you give those kids and grands a hug add a squeeze from me. what fun to be you.

Time for a bite to eat then play in my room. You girls have a superb day
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”