Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 5

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

Sunday June 5

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:12 am

Good morning all
I was up early so started the chat. I am off to Galesburg today. Meeting up with daughter and family.
Nothing else going on here. I am still planting and cleaning gardens.
Well I will be back later.
You all have a great sewing day.
Katy

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday June 5

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:25 am

Good morning Katy , I am up dressed and hair is combed...I need to get to the grocery store early before the crowds. I havent been home all week so the cupboards are bare. I dare not go to Costco on the weekends it is jammed. I also have to drop off a meat order to pick up tuesday. need to fil the freezer. store shelves are not very full anymore.
Graduation Party was nice even though we dont know a lot of the people there it was outside a cool nice weather, food was great. Our next graduation party will be Nolans but he says he doesnt want a party . We shall see.
I did get into the sewing room last night for a bit. I fininshed a UFo table topper just need to sew down the binding since it is small I should get it done today.
i also booked a 2 week campout in Sept...We should be done with the basement by then and due for a fun trip into morthern Michigan. Camp prices have gone up and it will probabllly cost a small fortune for fuel but we need a vac ca and we also will get to see some hockey while we are up there. (Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tournament) a nice campground on a lake.
Well I should get in gear hope your day is blessed...My word for today is accommplish....hope you accomplish all you set out to do....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 am

Morning
Chriss yes I do have the QIAD square up ruler. Almost all of my HST units were spot on. Only a couple that were off a bit. But seeing as I made 300 for each quilt I am happy.

Today off to bbq at kids house. Second quilt officially on hoop!
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:00 am

Good morning!

It was wonderful and lots of fun last night at the rodeo and Michael being honored for his service in the Navy. We were treated as dignitaries and had food and drinks supplied and special VIP seats to watch the action. The rodeo was a sellout both nights, so there was packed stands. Michael rode in a old fashioned wagon, drawn by two beautiful black percheron draft horses. I love big gentle giant draft horses! If I could, I would own one, a Clydesdale! But I digress. So they introduced Michael in the middle of the arena, read a short bio of his service in Vietnam, on his ships, and the entire stadium arose and gave him a standing ovation! I was in tears. Being a Vietnam Veteran , they were never honored or even acknowledged for serving, but rather looked down upon . This was a first for Michael, Being thanked publicly for his service. The city also presented Michael with a plaque, for his service.

That all happened during what I would call half-time. Before was all the fun with the kids and a bunch of calves. They made two age groups of kids, 7-8, 9-12, and each group had 4 calves, to which ribbons were taped on the calves. Each group came in the arena, where the rodeo clown played games with them - getting the kids to stretch and finally do sit ups in the dirt. Well, my dainty little Gracie was out there in the arena, in the the dirt, and chasing those calves to grab a ribbon. It was a hoot! Gracie didn't grab a ribbon, but had fun. Then came the older group, Ethan and Emma, chasing their set of calves. No ribbons either. If you grabbed a ribbon, it was worth cash. Sarah took their good camera and has pictures. Sarah also has pictures of the ceremony. I haven't seen them yet, but all are coming over tonight for strawberry shortcake. I will gather the whole tribe together with Michael for a group picture. Can't wait to get the cow stories from my little grands.

All the officers that work with Aaron all came and introduced themselves to us, as well as the mayor and city council members. We have a friend, who lives just up the street, who is a city council member. Quite the night for us, just plain ol', normal homebodies!

Church is later, I am the chorister again today. Next week, I teach my Relief Society lesson on, teaching children self reliance. A wonderful, needed topic in today's world.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:16 am

Good morning,

JUDI - good luck at the store. Even when Costco is crowded, they sure can run you though the check-stand quickly. Walmart could learn something from them! Bill can grow a beard waiting in their check lines! I'm happy to hear you got your two weeks booked! Sounds like it will be ideal. Sept is a nice time to go - not too hot and kids are back in school. Plus your basement will be done!

KATY - enjoy your family today. We don't have a veggie garden but we do have a big yard that i take care of and it will probably all need re-doing again when we get home. Which will be Wednesday.

IZZY - What a nice birthday you had! Family, relaxation, a visit with your brother, fun, and cake!

JANA - great for Daniel to know he has a job waiting for him when he arrives a month from today! I think at home the housing market is starting to cool off. Of course, the interest rates are going up rapidly, so not sure what that will mean for him in Utah, when they are ready to buy. Sounds like last night's events were exciting right from the calf-chasing to the presentations to the vets. Congrats to Michael and many thanks for his service. How many veterans did they honor?

CHRISS - Bill and I go most everywhere together. But sometimes it's nice to just get off by myself - especially if I want to go thrift shopping. He's a bit of an anchor then. I wouldn't have wanted to use a C-Pap machine used by someone else, either. Ugh! I like garage sales, too, but seldom go. I already have two big boxes of things sitting in the garage to get rid of. they have to go before I can bring more things in. I made a promise to myself.

MARY - you've got lots going on at your house! How was the picnic? Where was the picnic?

LOIS - I always loved planting and weeding a veggie garden. But it just ain't happening any more. I've tried gardens on our property several times in the past. We have too many tall trees blocking the sunlight. I never got any veggies for all my hard work.

FLO - that square up ruler is great, isn't it! I had it for a couple years - a Christmas gift from Bill - before I really looked at it and realized how much easier HST's are with it.

Well, Bill's repair of our trailer/truck brake connection worked! Brakes held all the way down the mountain into Pendleton. Whew! Now we are in Yakima for a few more days, wine-tasting, and then home on Wednesday. Today we're going to 14 Hands (I'm sure some of you winos in the crowd have heard of that one) and another, smaller winery. We are club members in both of them. Weather should be dry and about 71* - purrfect!

have a great Sunday!

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:21 am

Good morning Everyone,

The garden is planted and I did get to sew.
Today is more of the same I love days like this
after I'm done doing dishes from breakfast and make the bed I will be sewing.

Judi so happy your basement is nearing the finish line and you will be going on vacation.

Jana nice to here you had a nice time with your family and how nice it was to honor Michael Bill is a Vietnam veteran as well he was in the Marine Corp.

Katy thanks for doing the opening of the threads today enjoy your day with your family.

Flo have fun at the kids today.

Well thats all the news prayers go out to all especially Beca
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:51 am

Good morning everyone! I feel like I have no idea what is going on here. I have just not had time to really hang out and keep up. It will be another busy month for me with Dad. He has an appointment with everyone of his doctors this month. His PCP decided to add Farxiga to his meds to see if that will help his blood sugars. Got a message from the base on Friday that they are verifying orders with the doctor. Have not head anything else. I will call tomorrow afternoon if no response. I did say something to his PCP about the difficulties with getting messages through and she just said it’s the system. I think it’s the staff but ……..

It is raining this AM just a bit. 62 and cloudy. I will check after a bit to see if it rained enough that I don’t have to water the garden. It definitely didn’t rain enough to make any impact on the drought.

Judi yes it is graduation time again. Seems like the time just goes by so fast anymore. My grandson in SD graduated. He is the last of the grandkids to graduate.

Flo that’s a lot of seams, 4000! Have we seen a picture and I just missed it?

Lois we have had garden in since mid March. Time for me to plant more radishes, carrots are about ready, a few things bolted so really no lettuce this year. Potatoes also about ready. May replant those too. We are getting string beans and looks like Sugar Snap peas will come back. Tomatoes are still green but at least they are there now.

Maryz guess you will be home soon. Travel mercies to you.

Maryq I really need to lock myself in the sewing room also. I did get a lot of cleaning done in there yesterday. Have a stack of Batiks to put away then will start pulling fabric for my calendar blocks and lotto. I will also start my July lotto blocks which I am pretty sure I know what we will doing. Then I will reserve my Free Sew times to full quilts I am trying to finish up.

Chriss what is going on with your CPAP? Did you go to Fresno, isn’t that a bit of a drive from your place? Gas at the Chevron by my house is $6.59 (or was yesterday). Safeway is about the cheapest and it was $5.79 last I saw. I am going to have to start walking!

Jana congratulations of Daniel’s job and prayer they find a home soon.

Izzy I didn’t realize you spoke German, it was actually my first language. We move to Europe when I was 4 and I had such a speech impediment I couldn’t say English words. But I was able to fluently speak German. But when we came back to the states, no one spoke it and I lost it all. Hope your birthday was wonderful and your counters done!

Katy hope the medication helps the pup. It is hard when they don’t feel well.

Well need to get a few things done before Dad wakes and running out of time. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:01 am

Good morning. It's going to be a fun day today.

Yesterday a friend texted me, another friend is getting rid of her fabric and wants us to come get it at no cost. So off we went. My gosh there was so much. I think it took us 4 hours to go through and make our selections. There was so much left and there is more she has that needs to be gone through. I have a trunk full that needs to be brought into the house one bag at a time. She will call us when it's time for round two.

I was also to take my yard sale find machine to this same lady, she fixes machines, to see if it is repairable. Hoping it works.

Katy, enjoy daughter day. Marilyn and I used to call it Girls Day.

Judi, a celebratory camping trip to celebrate finishing the basement is a great idea. I like your word accomplish. I have a lot to accomplish today. I may have to borrow your word.

Flo, that ruler is so helpful, glad you have it.

Jana, what a perfect event. I can imagine the smiles on your whole family's faces. Such a proud moment for Michael. La Grange rodeo does the same thing with goats as you did with calves. But, no ribbons. If you catch a goat you take it home. One year we took a goat home. Self reliance is a great and important lesson. Glad your kids will have a teacher who will make the message come across as understandable.

Maryz, it's like we are twins. I love yard sales with a friend or alone. My brakes also work. I have been avoiding bringing more junk home till I get rid of my current junk. Except for that trunk load of fabric I have succeeded in doing just that. Our Costco has self checkout lanes. I love them, they work so well for me.

Lois, I also love days when I get to do what I love. Glad your garden is planted and your play day is starting. Enjoy.

Valerie, my cpap makes a buzz kind of noise as I breathe. The fan drowns out the noise so it's not a real problem, it works fine just has a noise. I have my old machine if this one no longer works. I'd rather buy a new one than use a used one. Seems that with Covid they wouldn't give out loaner machines. Sorry you are having trouble with meds for dad. I agree, it's the staff and not just the system. With so many job openings out there it seems the lack of qualifed help is rampant. Glad you are getting the appointments out of the way this month, hope next month is slower for you.

I think while I am playing with fabric I will have the machine wash the sheets and a couple of quilts. Jane Pauley is almost over and after breakfast I will get started. I was going to do a little grocery shopping but think I will put that off until Tuesday since I need an empty trunk.

Have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:16 am

Good Morning All

Happy Sunday! Looks like it's going to be a great day for a picnic. My brother lives south of me about an hour or so and tho he moved there a couple years ago I haven't seen his place yet. They bought a little kind of hobby farm and hope to have horses some day!

Katy.... all the garden cleaning and planting sure seems like a lot of work! But on the other hand.. fresh food right in your own back yard!

Judi.... You've noticed a lot of empty spots at the store too? Funny things seem to be missing, like macaroni noodles and rice and chowmein noodles! But as long as there is coffee, I'm ok! Glad you are planning the needed va-ca! Tho it does kind of make you wonder how high gas prices will get before "somebody" does something. Everybody will go back to working from home I suppose!

Flo... I got that ruler a while back... it works pretty darn good doesn't it!

Jana... How awesome for Michael to be honored. He was a Navy man? Ask him if he's ever heard of a ship USS CARON. It's de-commissioned now but it was named for a distant cousin of mine. One year my Dad bought us all ship's caps--the baseball kind, from the ship. Did I see Daniel has a job already ! Awesome. Hope they can find the perfect home near you!

Maryz... Glad you made it down the hill!!! WHEEWW! Brakes held? I'm boycotting Walmart...even tho their prices are pretty good... Last time I went, grabbed a cart full of groceries... there was NOT ONE human checked out person. Had to self check out a full cart. It's Target for me... The Target close to me has the sweetest, most helpful staff I've even been to. Picnic is today! In fact I should probably be getting ready to go soon.

Lois... What did you plant in your garden? I'm hoping I can finally get to the greenhouse where Brennen works this week to get some flowers for my patio... Maybe I'll try one little tomato plant too

Valerie.... Hope everything works out for your Dad. I ordered a really perfect layer cake to make June Lotto blocks (not that I didn't have RWB fabric on hand :-) and found a perfect pattern, so I'm going to hopefully lock myself away this week and get them done.

Chriss... Yes Muskie are Big Ugly fish... they don't catch them to eat... just for the sport of it. Where Tom and Viv live on the Mississippi River, they catch a lot of Perch and Walleye--those are good to eat. (Don't tell Maryz) WOW what a fun treat to go through all the fabric!

I'm actually waiting for word from my friend Michele this morning.. If you have some extra prayers today, please add her to your list. She drove from Misssouri to Denver yesterday to be with her Mom in her last moments. I haven't heard from her yet to know if she got there in time, and I don't want to call or text her and take away one second of her time with Mom.

For now I need more coffee and then get in gear for picnic!

Return to “Sew ins”