Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, May 24th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Tuesday, May 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 24, 2022 5:19 am

Good morning,

FLO - what kind of tractor is Joe restoring? John Deere, Farmall, Other? Year? Model? Bill completely restored my dad's 1948 "A" about 27 years ago. It was beautiful when he was done and he stayed true to original appearance and it was still a working tractor when he was finished. We dragged that thing around to a lot of antique iron shows 'back in the day'.

VELDA - did you get to go out dancing for your birthday? how do you feel today?

JANA - Did Ethan get his cookies made? What kind? When is his contest? Are all the doors in your house custom made?

LYN - good to know you are settling in at your new destination. Yes, those April blocks were fun, weren't they! I sent you a photo of the fabric I'm hunting for though if you lose it off your phone, I also put a picture in PHOTOS here on the forum. Congratulations to your brother! What did he do as a career?

LORI - They say the best day of vacations is the day you leave and the second best day is the day you return home. Welcome back!

MARY Q - They say the best day of vacations is the day you leave and the second best day is the day you return home. Welcome back!

SHERRY - I, too, take silk flowers to our family graves.

CHRISS - I do love your avatar photo! You're beautiful! My dad always said with gray hair comes wisdom. Maybe I should quit chasing my gray hair away! I took March for the Holiday Calendar swap. Guess I know what big holiday falls in March - March 23rd! :lol: I wonder if I could do my baby picture in fabric . . . . . You could do Father's Day for June holiday. Or flag day, June 14th. Does a wedding count as a holiday? And yes, I've looked at every website I can think of and every one that has been suggested to me, looking for my fabric. I guess it was a popular print! Tina may have found me a little piece somewhere. Still waiting to hear more about that.

JUDI - thank you for letting us know that Chrissy's DH received his comfort quilt. They are a joy to make.

Yesterday I didn't do too much in the way of sewing. Played around with different patterns for my St. Patrick's Day block for the Holiday Calendar Swap. It makes me feel like I'm watching Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. And I gave the front yard a couple hours of my time. Now I have a pinched nerve in my neck. I already have a chiro appt for tomorrow morning so I'll just take it easy today I think.

Y'all have a Terrific Tuesday!

mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday, May 24th

Post by FlorenceM » Tue May 24, 2022 5:28 am

Morning Maryz & all to follow
Joe is restoring an Allis Chalmers WD45...don't remember exact year of tractor. It will probably take a year or so, but we bought a small Kubota with attachments new when house in Cali sold. I get on Kubota and drive it, but probably won't on WD45....
Ended up at docs yesterday, another UTI. I asked to be sent to a urologist.
Today I have a small project for a neighbor. She wants a kitchen boa, she brought me one she purchased and I will copy it.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 24, 2022 5:46 am

Good Morning Mary....It is chilly here,,,I should do yard work but I have already stripped and resheeted the bed...emptied the dishwasher, and mopped the kitchen floor and drank one cuppa coffee. I have 8 more windows to do and 4 are in the today plan...I want them all done by june first and on saturday I go to stay with the kids for a week while the parents are in Vegas for Jeffs birthday celebration....so this is it...I need to get them done. Basement is coming along...we are starting to see the end of this project florrs have been ordered for install and painter has been hired...Ken needs to finish the ceiling and rebuild the stairs....then we will be ready for paint...Ken picked a medium grey for the walls and white trim...he will be down there the most...(65 in tv in the closet waiting to be put up///) we have charcoal in the bathroom ans it looks very good.
I will be able to come home for a few hours during the day as the kids are still in school...I need to drive Sophia to school in the morning but they all have a ride home...Nolan has a job now and He gets himself there as they got him a car. Liam "graduated" 8th grade last night with a neat ceremony...They has a slide show of baby pictures and kids pictures and middle school pictures that were so cute..,,, Sophia is still battling the genetic stuff but she went to the Pulmonologist yesterday and he said her lungs were fine...More appts to come...She is such a trooper and dispite pain does what a normal 11 yr old will do including playing hockey and the sassy parts.LOL.Wel I am off to set a jar of sun tea out and get the windows might wash the kitchen rugs. I have 2 ruggables in the kitchen,,they are machine washable and work so well in the kitchen...Have a wonderful day,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 24, 2022 6:17 am

Good morning!

Weather outside looks to make a very nice day here in the mountain west. The heat is coming back and we will be up in the 90's.

Ethan took Sarah's cookbook to school and the team he is working with, went through and picked a recipe. Of course, it was the most technical one in the book, so Sarah streamlined it and they will make today, in class, a brownie, swirled with cheesecake and raspberry jam. The team will use a boxed brownie mix, instead of the scratch recipe. Ethan protested that he could make the hard recipe and he probably could, but the other kids, probably not. I'll find out after school today.

Nothing much going on here. Uglies and laundry are caught up for the week. So I will just play in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 24, 2022 7:53 am

Rainy morning here and suppose to rain on and off til tomorrow.

MaryZ, my brother, Larry Hansen, started a helicopter repair business back in the 70's in Ft. Collins, CO, Century Helicopters. Then he started Paravion Technology which sold his inventions, like the Heliporter which is a piece of equipment that one person can slide under a big helicopter, raise it a few inches off the ground and move it around the shop. Larry has several other inventions, also bought and sold heli's. He built wonderful companies that became mill stones around his neck. He's been trying to sell for a few years, but no one would pay the price. It took almost a year, but a company finally closed on everything a couple months back. He's consulting for a while. He turned 77 last month and deserves a rest.I think he got the most brains in our family. πŸ˜„

Flo, hope the restore goes well. I have an Aunt and Uncle in MN who have restored tractors and take to shows. Don't know how they find the time, their still farming.

Jana, hope Ethan's recipe goes well.

Judi, if Ken is rebuilding the stairs, how are ya getting into the basement, is it a walkout?

I got 4 loads of laundry done yesterday. Hit the grocery store and am beginning to understand y'alls hunting trips. Didn't have much problem in Texas, but seeing it here.

I'm going to play with my Mandolin and decide on a sewing project.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am

Mary, yes coming home is always nice. I miss the furry kids.

Today I'll clean a bit. I did get some laundry done yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some sewing time in later.
Now to walk the boys.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 24, 2022 8:12 am

Good Morning Girls

"Lulu is back in town!" That's what my Mom always used to say when she called us of us kids to let us know she was back from every trip they took! I'm HOME.. And I'm up and showered... have lots of the to-do list today !

Maryz... You are so right... always fun to go down to Tom and Viv's but oh so sweet to come home. Even tho I've come home to an empty fridge and a pile of laundry! You know how that goes. But it is good to be home in my little house without steps!

Flo...Oh you will be able to make the kitchen boa in no time.. I've made quite a few and they are super easy. If nothing else you can probably find the pattern/directions on Pinterest!

Judi... If I wasn't knee deep in projects here I'd come help you with Windows! I'll have to go back a few days and see what's up with your Sophie... Poor baby... to be in pain. Will send some special prayers for her today

Jana... Brown with cream cheese and raspberry! I just might want that recipe ... and it's okay that brownies come from a box! :lol:

Lyn... How far are you from MSQ? Surely if you are close enough you have to make a little side trip to check it out!

Lori... Your day sounds like mine... a lot of laundry and may be a little bit of sewing!

I did have a wonderful time in Wisconsin and even tho garage sales are a LOT of work, the best part of it was getting RID of stuff. Last fall I went a little crazy sewing aprons--reversible with cross straps in the back.. no ties.. I think I took 20 of them down and only brought back 2! Guess I'll have to make more for next year! Also sold quite a few hand embroidered dish towels and a couple little purse/bags. We are thinking that next year night be our last year.. We are going to wear t-shirts that say "Rumage Along the River...... The Final Episode" Viv was able to quilt my t-shirt quilt for me while I was there, so when I get my Janome back from the shop I'll get the binding on it and it will be ready to go.

For now I better heat up my coffee and get to the laundry and finish unpacking the boxes I brought home. Though I can tell you it was a great feeling to bring home 5 EMPTY tote boxes.

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue May 24, 2022 8:32 am

Hey strangers I’m wrapping up another school year two more weeks to go most Mt treatment sessions done now just getting paperwork done and goodbyes said lol

Working on quilts of course

Baking yummies milking goats
Picking up two new ones today good friend at church getting rid of their two pet Nigerian girls so I’m rehoming them here

I got a new buck too he has blue eyes his name is Oreo a real stud muffin πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Nothing else new here except blackberry winter and burr cold compared to 90 degrees we had last week

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 24, 2022 9:31 am

Lyn Ken will build the new step assembly in the basement before taking the old steps out...if he cant get it done HE ( notice I didnt say we) will use a ladder if he needs to get out of the basement...the stairs can be done in one day. maybe.......(wish it was a walk out)
Maryq Sophia has been having some swollen joints mostly knees for a awhile...she plays hockey and even the pediatriciam said that was probqbly strain....then it didnt go away so they ran a serirs of blood work...turns out a lot of things were amiss; Including a very high iron ( a genetic thing) Liver enzymes were off ( another genetic thing) so poor little Sophia hit the genetic lottery..waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist,,,then will see but your prayers are certainly welcome and appreciated...
4 windows to go they will get done this week/ When I do them next time you are invited to come and help///

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 24, 2022 9:42 am

Judi, thanks for the info. I wouldn't make it WE, either!!

MaryQ, went to Missouri Star last year. I really don't need a thing from them and it's about a 3 hour round trip.

Izzy, congrats on new kids. Sorry your school isn't out sooner.
Lyn

Return to β€œSew ins”