Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday May 20th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday May 20th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 20, 2022 4:04 am

Good morning It is cloudy but going up to near 90 today...I have catching up to do....bathrooms and laundry today,,,,I did hit a few quilt shops there were 23 (not 28) that showed up in the areas,,,I didn't hit but only 3...I bought a cute table runner pattern, made with charms, the Amish ladies in the shop ( there were 6 I think) made 400 table runners to sell....they were beautiful every seam and corner matchied perfectly. and a trip around the world quilt in yellows and greys that was on the frame in the store was breath taking. They are very good at picking colors and fabrics...dont even get me started on the hand stitching,,,
The Fiestaware factory was amazing, we took the tour and watched production of the prettiest dishes,,,they have come out with a pretty pink called peony. it will be on sale June1, My dishes are stowed in my cabinets and ready to use,
Off to do coffee laundry and clean the 2 bathrooms....hope your day is filed with a full bobbin...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday May 20th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:30 am

Judi, what an awesome trip! Sounds terrific!
I am still coughing with this "whatever it is"? At least we both tested negative!
Blessings though, I have not had this for about two and a half years. I guess wearing masks kept me healthy all that time. Now I only wear a mask when we have to at the doctor's office.
I did do a little sewing yesterday, but didn't feel like sewing for a long time. Mostly feel pretty good during the day. It's the night time that's so hard with the coughing.
That's enough of complaining! Get the positive attitude on, Velda! Smile and count your blessings and behave yourself!
Ok, now I feel happy, because I have you all for my quilting friends. I really do appreciate all of you.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri May 20, 2022 4:31 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
Storms still rocking out here, it's spring and this is normal. Yesterday I got border on 2 long sides of second quilt. Hoping to get back to sewing room today but need to hit grocery store.
Touring Fiesta ware factory sounds fun. I have had mt Corelle for 35 years and I can't see me getting something new.
Velda I hope you feel better soon.
Have a sew great day
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri May 20, 2022 5:33 am

Good Trying to be Sunny Day........

Wow, I cant believe how green the world is......that special spring green.

Oh MY Goodness! I got no sleep last night. I'm hoping I do not poop out this afternoon.

Yesterday I had a nice phone call from my friend Elsie. She lives in Plymouth....I wish it wasn't 4 miles away. She was very encouraging about making Dr appt. Today I'll make 3 calls.

Judi......sounds like a wonderful trip & a great quilt shop. I always loved Fiestaware. The colors are so beautiful.

Vel......hope you are better real soon...happy it's not covid. We are blessed to have all our quilt friends here. :P

Flo......can you pick me up some avocados. I'm really in the mood for some avocado toast.
Hope you make it back to your sewing room.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 am

Hello from Nappanee, IN, again.
We are back at the Service Center. Last week while working on the engine, the tech damaged one of the struts that holds the big engine door open. So they put a new one on, no charge to us. When we got to the campground in Ohio I heard a hissing sound. Turns out the new strut was bad. After some phone calls Wednesday, Newmar said they could get us back in today. So here we are.

MaryZ, no I wasn't using a class Mandolin. I already had three. DH seems to think the more I have the faster I will learn. Lol not true. I will probably sell the others. This new one was designed for me. The neck is narrower so it's easier for me to hold.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 20, 2022 6:03 am

Good morning,

JUDI, welcome home! I think your trip was a fabulous getaway for you two. Now you need to have some company for supper so you can show off your new dishes! 400 of anything at the same time would be quite a sight to see! The Amish are amazing. I hope you save some time for hitting the sewing room today!

FLO - I've been hearing about your storms. Glad all is OK at your place.

VELDA - I guess I didn't realize you were sick. I hope you are better soon. Sunday our friends returned from an Alaskan cruise, sick. They were certain they had bronchitis. Then tested positive for Covid yesterday. I hope you don't find out you have Covid, too.

CHRISS - I think I've seen that dinosaur pattern. Do you have a person in mind to make that for? If you wait too long to harvest that cherry tomato, someTHING besides you or Jerry will do it for you! And of course, your counseling session went well! We all knew it would! Are these in-person sessions? Zoom? Phone? And yes, I got a new computer. Fancy - no. But good enough for who it's for.

MARY Q - how goes the The Big Garage Sale? Things that don't sell - take to a thrift shop - don't haul it home, unless you want to, that is. How is Viv going to quilt the T-shirt Quilt? Thank you for the lovely things you said about my baby. I'd like to say she takes after me - but she looks kind of like a combo of her two grandmothers. Your Jen is very pretty, too! And how are they doing?

JANA - Only about 6 weeks to go and your Daniel will be there! Are you getting excited? That court case seems silly. I don't think that plaintiff has a leg to stand on. What do hair extensions cost, anyway?

LYN - what a bummer! How many miles did you have to backtrack? At the price of fuel these days, they should reimburse you for that extra cost. OK, I'm on the right page now. there is more than one mandolin! lol! I was thinking you had musical magical powers (and maybe you do! :D )

KATHY - glad you had a good conversation with your friend, Elsie. She only lives 4 miles from you?? That case about the elephant sounds even more ridiculous than the hair extension dispute! I love animals a lot. But to grand an elephant "personhood"? Cats, maybe, but not elephants. You're right about the world going crazy. I've seen genders as he, she, they, and even it. But elephants? Though, on second thought, maybe this should happen - the elephant is obviously smarter than some people!

SHARONA - you are off on your trip? Be safe! Enjoy!

Still working on my Irish Chain. Looks like I might be running a little bit short on my focus fabric. Arrgghh! I've been collecting all my Shamrock/St. Pat's fabrics for years so I don't remember where I bought this and the print runs all the way to the edge of the selvedge so there's no identifying marks there. I'm going to have to piece scraps to make the last dozen 2-1/2" squares. And even at that, I'm going to have to make the quilt one row shorter than I'd planned. I'm going to post a picture of my fabric in PHOTOS and if any of you have even a few inches you'd like to sell me, I'd be ever so grateful!

Our weather is still a bit chilly but warm enough to be outside working in afternoons, so I got another little chunk of our yard clipped, weeded, and raked yesterday. Now we are in for a long stretch of nice weather - 65-70 degrees. Purrfect for working outside, so this week I'm going to slow my roll in the sewing room a little bit and finish up in the yard and maybe - finally - get started building that nature trail through our woods that we've talked about since last fall. We'll see what my hubs says. His assistance will be required. He thought it a good idea 8 months ago but now he'll have to put his chainsaw where his mouth is.

Sew something fun today!
mary z
>^+^<

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 20, 2022 6:18 am

Lyn, I love the sound of the Mandolin. I was going to take lessons and then covid hit. Hope you are having fun learning to play.

Judi, sounds like it was a great trip. I bet those quilts by the Amish women we fabulous.

Kathy, avocado toast is a favorite of mine.

Mary, I saw the fabric you're using. It's really pretty.

Hope you are better soon Vel.

We're heading north to Chicago today. We did a lot of visiting with Bill's family here in Decatur. Don't know that we'll ever be back.
Most of the family is gone now.

We walked in the park yesterday. It was so green and beautiful.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 20, 2022 6:19 am

Good morning!

Not much going to happen new around here. Aaron and the little girls will be by after work to mow the grass. Aaron had a call the other day. He performed CPR, but it was too late, and now the M.E. is calling the death a homicide. Sad.

Sewing and getting the house ready for the weekend. Nothing planned, just like it straightened up.

Ethan is down to 5 days of school left. The other grands have 10 days left.

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri May 20, 2022 7:35 am

Good morning. Such a crisp cool morning, we should only see 75 by the days end. The chimes are going crazy outside.

I love my chimes. There is a company in our little town that makes them. They are called Grace Note Chimes. You can click on the chimes on their webpage and hear how they sound.

Yesterday I went to Fat Cat Patterns webpage and downloaded a free dinosaur quilt pattern. Not sure how long it will be free but in case you want to take advantage of it, you can.

Today the plan is to go to a senior health information fair. There will be booths, raffles and a plethora of free pamphlets, ink pens and likely refrigerator magnets with advertising. And this evening is dinner with the parents. We will go to the Elks Lodge. I will either have the flat iron steak with mushrooms or the scampi. After dinner we will likely hit the grocery store on our way home.

Judi, sounds like you had a beyond marvelous time. Guess you need to go back and hit the 20 shops you missed. I love grey and yellow. Did you buy dishes in one color or did you pick a bunch of colors? such a fun outing.

Velda, I have sort of the same thing. Mine is allergies. After I eat it is worse. I read that when you chew it loosens the sinuses and makes them drain which makes the throat need clearing. Not sure if that is true but it's my excuse, lol.

Flo, I would love to get rid of my dishes and purchase mis matched plates from thrift stores. It will never happen. Did you finish the scooby doo quilt?

Kathy, you have beautiful green we have dried out golden fields. I also love avocado's. We get them at the fruit stand. 15 for $5. they are small and have a pit the size of an almond. The avocado is perfect for one meal. just the right size for toast. I will be picking up some more on my way home tonight, come get a few.

Lyn, ugh!! I think the Newmar place should pay you for your time. hope it gets fixed properly and you have no more troubles.

Maryz, I went and looked at your fabric and sadly don't have it. I even searched the web for the image. Hope you find it. If it's only 6 weeks till Daniel gets to Jana's it's only 6 weeks until I turn 59. Daniel is going to Jana's as my birthday present. No plan for the dinosaur pattern but saw the one Lois made and loved it. The counseling session was in person with a mask. Nothing will get that cherry tomato, Jerry built a fortress to hold his garden, we haven't even seen a tomato worm, I don't think the moths that lay the worm eggs can get in.

Lori, I didn't realize you were in Illinois. We used to take Jerry's grandma to Decatur for shopping. She loved Aldi's and the dollar general. She lived in Mt. Pulaski. Jerry was in grade school in Sumner. He also had family in Lincoln and Olney. We haven't been back but once since she passed and likely won't go back again. Did you drive or fly? have a safe trip home.

Jana, I bet the kids are loving that school is almost out and summer vacation is coming. Before they know it they will be back in school. It goes quickly.

Hope you girls have a wonderful day and a great weekend,
Chriss
Psalm 91

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:58 am

Good morning all
Well I been absent again. But in my defense I have my veggie garden in except for 4 cabbage plants. And of course we are supposed to have colder nights over the weekend. Darn will havve to cover tomato plants and cukes and probable pepper plants. I also been working hard on putting my guild mystery quilt together. I have the five rows done. This thing is like a jigsaw puzzle. I did not sew at the finally just walked around to see how others were putting theres together . It took me a couple hours to figure out how I wanted my blocks laid out. This piece is a 3d pattern and it makes a difference where colors are. Mine is loud or should I say bright. When I get it done I will have someone post a picture for me. My next quandrie is deciding on a border.
Boo is not doing well. He has a vet appointment today. I am afraid he will suggest putting him down. I will have to think about it. He is not in any pain but is really sick. Has lost weight etc.
Judi I would love to see that factory. I do not need anymore dishes but looking is always fun. Glad you had a good time.
Maryz I still do not have my yard the way I want it. Between my darn back and rain its just not getting done. And I figured with the price of food My veggie garden had to come first.
Velda I have a lot of hummers but not the usual amount . Since the price of sugar is high I guess I should be glad all 40 females did not appear.
Well I guess I better get something done before vet appointment.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Return to “Sew ins”