Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday 13,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday 13,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Fri May 13, 2022 3:58 am

Good morning

Today will be 68⁰ and cloudy nextweek will be in the 70's and 80's here comes summer will also showers.
Yesterday I got my new little oliso iron it's a nice iron it really get into the small sections nice has a nice size water tank I read all the instructions before I used it I was a little skeptical to buy it at first because there were so negative reviews like the handel got to hot then I thought to myself that if it didn't like I could always send it back.
So today I have more pressing to do then I can start row 4 its getting easier.

Well I have to go to get more coffee.
Everyone have a great day.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Friday 13,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 am

Good Morning,,It is going to the 80s again today...Another beautiful michigan morning....we had 2 deer frollicking in the yard this morning,,,they were up in the upper yard walking around....I was up stairs looking out the window. Much better than the raccoon who tried to get in the trash last night,,,they cant get into the large cans we were given,,,or knock them over so we are good. Wild life....its what we do.
I will get 6 more windows done today...its my goal in the 2 rooms that are spring cleaned...strip the beds that resheet them too...Laundry maybe and block four of the quilt. But for now coffee and combing my hair....hope your day is full of wild life,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri May 13, 2022 4:26 am

Good morning to all. A nice sunny beginning to the day.
DHs cousin, has been visiting for a few days. He flies back home to MN. at noon today. It was so much fun having him here. They golfed twice and had a ball telling old stories to Joe and Fran at night. Its been almost 3 years since we saw him and Hubby and him talk often on the phone.
I am working on a couple of different tops at the same time. If I get bored of doing a block--I move to the 2nd or the 3rd top. Figure the day will come when all the ufo's will be ready for the L.A.er LOL LOL

I hope everyone has a safe and great weekend
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 13, 2022 4:27 am

Good morning

This is going to be short this morning. My computer is just weird lately so I’m on my phone.

Lois, I hope you like your new iron. DH got me the big Oliso iron for my birthday in March. It’s a fine iron – no complaints. But it’s just no better than $30 irons. I know it has little feet so you don’t have to stand it up. But I always forget and stand it up anyway. Lol!

We got a call yesterday afternoon from friends we had seen Tuesday evening. She has tested positive for Covid but has few symptoms. So I had to call our grandsons to let them know and also my doctor because I had an appointment yesterday. My friend was fully vaccinated and thankfully, so are we so we expect no problems. We are going to hang tight to Home this weekend and if we have symptoms will test on Sunday. Testing sooner than five days after exposure can give you false negative.

I got all my Buckeye beauty blocks made yesterday. Eight 16” blocks. Today I will start putting them together. Unless Weather is good enough to work outside. 58° and cloudy is forecast for today.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am

Morning
Maryz, I do all my posting from my phone.
Yesterday my tomatoes finally git planted in their raised bed...
My hand quilting buddy stopped by to look at second heart quilt...and I saw o e half square triangle unit is twisted so today I will have to gently rip and spin it....only 4 tiny 3 inch seams....hopefully only block like this.
Have a sew great day
Flo

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:05 am

Good morning everyone.
I am just about finished with the first quilt top for hubby’s great nephews. I am starting the second one today. We are supposed to get rain off and on today. The weird thing is this storm is part of the storm from last week when we got all the hail. I have never heard of that. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 am

Good morning!

I love Friday the 13th's! I was born on a Friday the 13th, not this one, one back in February. Sarah too!

The sun is out and we are heating up - finally. The proverbial they say, the lows over night now will be the 60's until the snow flies again. We will get near 80 today. There are two standing jokes with officers, one in a blzzard, two, a rain downpour - they say - don't make me get out of this car, and a third, in the heat, don't make me chase you. Those are now Aaron's manta. LOL!

Yesterday after playing cowboy with those Texas longhorns, he was out on another missing child, a four year old. The child wandered off from home, then finally wandered back, after about a hour. All the officers on the search were happy. There is a old Clint Eastwood movie, Foxfire, where to fly the plane he steals, he has to think in Russian, well when a child goes missing, I tell Aaron, think like a child. This time, I said, think like Lila!

Speaking of which, both Lila and Gracie are coming tonight for a visit. Which also means Ethan will be down. We have entertainment across the street, the puppies will need to be played with. The puppies are doing well. The puppies are getting used to a leash. Ethan loves to take them for a short walk.

More fun play time for me. We finished hanging the last of the family pictures on the staircase wall. Just need a couple of my decor items on the mantel there arranged and that area will be done. Sarah's DH will hang my windows for me. Guess I need the quilt I have in mind quilted..

It's the weekend, definitely time for fun stuff,, so do it!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri May 13, 2022 7:57 am

Good Morning All

Oh My Gosh it IS Friday the 13th.!!! Good thing I'm not superstitious! Helps that it's a beautiful sunny day---high of 76* expected.... which to me is a PERFECT Day!

Lois... You like your little Oliso iron? I hear mixed reviews on the big one from MQS and I can't justify that much $$ for an iron... unless I know it's going to last FOREVER! I got my little Steam Fast that I ordered, but haven't had a chance to try it out much yet.

Judi... Not much wild life around me... Unless you count that geese that fly over from time to time and the ducks in the pond across the street. The deer used come up in my yard at the old house once in a while and then there was the turkey family one year. More likely the noises I here are big trucks and police sirens!

Diane... A cousin in Minnesota! Small world. Where abouts does he live? Nice that the boys had a good visit. Next time you and your DH should plan a trip to Minnesota... but bring mosquito repellent! So glad I am not the only one that has a few projects going at the same time. I'm "on hold" for a while.. good sewing machine is in the shop and I'm headed out of town.

Maryz... You like you Oliso? I'm with you... I have had better luck with the less expensive ones.. One of my favorites is the DURATHON made by Hamilton Beach. I Find if I heat them up once in a while with a little vinegar in the tank then hit the "clean" button, they last a little longer.
Hope you guys don't get sick!! You've had all the boosters, so am thinking you should be ok? I need to get my 2nd booster yet--will do that when I get back from Wisconsin.

Flo.... Are you sewing all those 2.5" squares together by hand too? And hand quilting?

Suzette.... Sounds like your storm did an about face and it coming back at you! Seems every night we get a little bit of rain... which is much better than last year when we didn't get enough all summer.

Jana... So scary when a child wanders off. So glad Aaron found him! Good idea to think like a child.. they get so curious sometimes and wander off to look at the something and forget where they were. Has Aaron started writing his book yet? :lol:

Ok, there's another new scam out there... I got an e-mail from Best Buy and the Geek Squad saying they renewed my anti-virus protection on my computer (the kids bought my new computer at BB) $339. and I'm think "Oh no way" so I call the number to question it and the guy starts telling me how to let them log into my computer to see if I DO have the anti-virus program... this is when I get suspicious... So I tell him "nevermind, I'm going to check with my attorney first" because he won't tell me whose bank account the money is being withdrawn from. SO I call the REAL Geek Squad to confirm and I was right.... it's a scam! So be careful!

Am headed down to visit my friend in the assisted living home this afternoon. My dear Viv volunteered to quilt some her tops for her--after another quilter ripped her off and didn't do them--or did them badly. I'll see if I can help her sort fabric for a little bit, then it's home and finish getting my stuff ready for garage sale. I keep finding more stuff but better quit or I won't be able to get it all in my car!

OH CINDY G!!! If you stop by!! I think today is your last day??? Yes? I hope you have a wonderful day and that they treat you like a queen and give your lots of presents and a big bonus!!!!

Happy Friday Every one!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri May 13, 2022 10:36 pm

Good evening. Not sure I will make it here Saturday morning so am checking in while everyone is sleeping.

Today was a great day. Jerry and I went to some yard sales. Spent about $10. We also went to the library book sale.

Lois, hope you love that iron

Judi, I also resheeted the bed.

Maryz, sorry your friend tested positive. Hope you don't get it. Our senior home just had 10 of their patients test positive and the county had a total of 19 new cases yesterday.

Maryq, I finally went to WM and bought the very last small iron like the one you got. It was $13. I also ordered the patterns I wanted from MSQ, they had free shipping. happy packing to head to Viv's, make sure you distribute the weight correctly in your car. If you put it all in your trunk the front wheels won't touch the ground.

Valerie, Jerry made way too much shortcake and we cut up way too many strawberries. I have a can of Land O Lakes whip cream and paper plates with forks. No one will be hungry, sure would be fun if you showed up. Hope the tomatoes heal up and produce.

Sharona, I like While You Were Sleeping too.

Tomorrow is quilt club. On my way there I will make a donation to the thrift store and be home in time to join the prayer circle, see you there.

Hope your Friday the 13th was uneventful.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”