Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 12th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday May 12th

Post by maryq » Thu May 12, 2022 7:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Even if I wanted to sleep in this morning, the birds singing surely would keep me awake... but what a beautiful noise! Even the geese flying overhead is a nice sound!

Judi.... I Love that saying!.

Lyn... There's an Amish furniture about a mile and 1/2 from my house... and I've never been there! I love furniture.. and places to put "stuff".. not another piece of anything will fit in my house! Sounds like they are making good time on your RV and you will be ready to hit the road soon.

Velda... Lots to do at your house today? me too.. you should see what the gremlins did while I was sleeping!

Lois... Isn't that the coolest thing... you can take Amazon returns to Kohls! The Kohls here is only 6 miles from home so it's very convenient!

Maryz.. I'm leaving Tuesday to go down to Tom and Viv's. I'll bring the t-shirt quilt with me and a couple others. We are going to the t-shirt one while I am there... I promised her I would do dishes and clean stuff and bring her wine if she would do it for me next weekend, so I could bring it back with me. Glad you were able to stock up on food!

Jana.... Not a fan of loud music here either! I remember when we were in college and they warned us about playing music loud....now a lot of folks I know my age are wearing hearing aids!

Chriss... If you like musicals, which I do, you would like Moulin Rouge... Though I do like Ewan McGregor and that makes it even easier to watch! :lol: :lol: Also, if you haven't seen it yet... "The Greatest Showman" with Hugh Jackman... is good too and who doesn't go ga-ga over Hugh Jackman.!

Kathy.... Doesn't it seem like it's just a miracle to watch the leave bud! Outside my window I have 2 big trees and 3 days ago I didn't think they were going to make it... now today they are green green green!

Valerie... Last year when I was getting blossom end rot on my tomatoes... the cure was milk! Wonder if that wouldn't help your tomatoes too, if tho that's not what's happening to yours. I think I'm going to try to plant one tomato plant this year and see what happens.. No place for a garden at the townhouse!

Time for me to get in gear here too. My Nomi is misbehaving so she is going for a "time-out" I am so hoping it's an easy fix!!! No matter what I've tried (new bobbin, new needle, cleaning, re-threading) the top tension is off and I get loops on the back. I do have a back up, and I probably won't be doing a lot of sewing but gosh darn!!!! When I get back I need to clean up gremlin messes and my messes!

So for now, I will you all a Happy Day!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu May 12, 2022 8:08 am

Good morning all
Just a quick hello. I got some more gardens cleaned out and watered plants. My gosh its hot here 95 yesterday and 85 right now. I started the ac for a few days.
My garden plants will go into ground as soon as we get a full moon. My other all ready planted produce is doing well. All is coming up.
I cleaned some house and washed my hair this morning. Nothing exciting going on here.
I do now have some female humming birds. YIPPEE.
I got another chicken sewn and turned and ready to glue down and hand applique. This is going to be a cute quilt. I did purchase a layer cake along with the kit. And I am using some 10 inch pieces instead of cutting up my fat quarters. I intend to use this fabric to make chickens for new kitchen valances. Always more on my mind then is realistic. LOL I also ordered some fabric for a new MUMU, I need a couple of more.
Well I also wrote up a grocery shopping list. A lot on sale at krogers However They have better sales in Ohio . I will be buying 6 pounds of strawberries and 12 ears of corn to put in food saver bags . I love my food saver. Girls I love my air fryer. But it is big. and I can cook a whole chicken in it and taste like rotessier chicken. I also have a kitchen aide oven I bake a lot of stuff in here can also broil steakes. For lunch we are having biscuts and gravy. The bisquits will be baked in this little oven. It saves on electricity and does not heat house up.
Well I have yapped enough. Got to go work on my chickens

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Thu May 12, 2022 10:49 am

Good morning!

I'm working at the church office this morning. The wind is blowing SO hard I can hardly get the doors open. The big, heavy rubber rugs outside are halfway down the building now - sure hope this blows over (haha!) quickly.

Maryz - we have a dog trainer that comes once a week. The problem is DH - he has zero patience and does not want to do anything to keep the dog entertained. If she gets bored (which is often), she wants to go out fifty-billion times and dig in the yard, prune the bushes with her teeth and move rocks around. There is nothing I can do to change his opinion, so as I left this morning I showed him the new toys I had made her (plastic containers from lunchmeat filled with treats) to keep her busy inside. He started his usual moaning, to which I replied it's better to light one candle than curse the darkness. And then I left. It will be interesting to see what has transpired when I return.

My favorite movie is While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman. I watch it every New Year's Eve. And now it is time to head home! Have a glorious day, my quilty friends. xoxo Sharona

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 12, 2022 11:23 am

Afternoon
Maryz, yes I put all those miles on my car Tuesday. I get 35 mpg, and here gas us only $4 per gallon....gasp!!!!
Today I was on sewing room by 8 am. Working on border for second quilt. And my tomatoes are planted! Good day.
Flo

Return to “Sew ins”