Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 12th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday May 12th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 am

Good morning,,It is super sunny and going to be 80 again today...I have a friend coming over to do lunch, She mentioned wanting to sew so perhaps we will do that too.
I am on block 3 of the SG quilt. Each new technique reminds me how much fun learnign new things was,,,and because Im old I am learning them again,...I had to watch videos on sewing in a circle for block 2...it come out better than the first time. Reminds me of the saying "We will be friends til we are very old and forgetful....then we will be NEW friends"
I started looking for fabric for Sherman's March...I have some but figured I will need to buy about 10 additional yards...this quilt could get pricey...but it is a queen size..so it will fit my bed,,,,and will be my fall quilt. It will alll be done in Civil War reproduction fabric.
Well I could use some coffee and tidy up the sewing room...except for the windows :o Hope you all have a sunny day,,,My word of the day is loving....I am loving all of you here and this beautiful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Re: Thursday May 12th

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 12, 2022 4:49 am

Judi, what is your SG quilt, link please I'd like to see.

I've only visited Yoder's and Lolly's QS so far. Found a pattern and ruler, also a couple fat quarters. We've also checked out the furniture stores for more Amish furniture. Coach is getting fixes and will probably be done tomorrow.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 12, 2022 4:56 am

https://media.rainpos.com/4014/blocks_2 ... 153203.jpg
Lyn this might work...the Pattern is from 2009
Each block uses a different technique and a different foot from your machine,,,AND as many decorative stitches as you have
I love Yders and Lolly's Im glad to know they ares till in business..
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu May 12, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:07 am

Good morning Judi and Lyn.
Judi, that going to be an awesome quilt. Your colors sound perfect to make it for "Fall".
Lyn, sounds like you are filling up your days with fun visits to quilt stores.
Hope they get your rig finished and wishing you safe travels.
I need to scoot. Have a busy day ahead.
HUGS, đź’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu May 12, 2022 5:20 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today it will be in the 60's and partly cloudy
I've already cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen I have wash to do then I might venture into the room I'm almost finished with the 3rd row of the DWR.
Yesterday I ordered a mini oliso iron I have a steam fast but sometimes I don't like it so I will try this and if I don't like it it will be sent back just have to bring it to kohls because I purchased it on Amazon.

Well thats all the news from here my break is pretty much over.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 12, 2022 6:04 am

Good rainy morning!

It’s going to be A wet one today so looks like it will be sewing for me after a doctor appointment.

Lyn, have they checked out your long slide yet? If so, what was the problem? We have seen a couple of different slide issues with our own experiences and also a couple of friends.

Judi, I know what you mean about learning new things. That’s how I have felt with with curved sewing, Y seams, paper piecing, DWR, and some of the features on my sewing machine. I steered clear of all of these things for years simply because I didn’t know how to do them. ut one dayI finally decided To step outside my comfort zone. I have stitchers garden pattern. You are inspiring me to take another plunge. This has been on my to-do list for a while. Though I still haven’t tackled my New York beauty. Haven’t found the perfect pattern for that yet though.

Velda, happy busy day!

Lois, that is a big project you are working on. Kind of intense. I would need to take a break, too, I think.

SHARONA, do you have any obedience classes near you? They really helped us learn how to teach Scotty. And our Scotty is one headstrong dog!

Jana, congratulations to your Michael. He should be very proud of his service. I’m glad he’s being recognized. Good on Aaron!!

Lori, how was the game yesterday? Did your team win?

Mary Q. There have been shortages of cat food here both dry and canned. But when the shelves got restocked so did our pantry so we are good probably through the end of the year. Sorry about the T-shirt quilt. Nice to have Viv as back up. Do you just happen to be seeing her next week, or are you going to mail it? Or make a special trip? And you are right – it is scary to Sew or Quilt for other people.

Sherri, it’s always nice to connect with old friends

Flo, you really put on the miles on Tuesday. AtToday’s fuel prices that couldn’t have been a very good day. Gasoline topped five dollars a gallon in Seattle though here in our little town we are a bit cheaper. A very little bit

Chris, I remember growing up I went to school in Tacoma. We had the “aroma of Tacoma” and they were even songs written about it. We had Hygrades meat processing plant and also the pulp mills.

My favorite movies? My favorite movie of all time is Christmas vacation with Chevy Chase. And my next movie that I could sit and watch over and over – and have - end is “RV“ with Robin Williams.

I spent a large part of yesterday in the kitchen cooking for the grandsons. We had a great visit with them. Drew’s birthday is October but he loves anything American and we bought him a flag and standard to put on his house. So we gave him his birthday present early and he seemed quite thrilled. We gave Alec our toaster oven/air fryer, and a beautiful gray suit that Bill “outgrew”. It had only been worn twice and looked new. So Alec was thrilled too. And Alec brought his friend who loved our new tissue box cover my sister had sent me as a joke – a plush orange cat that fit over a box and the tissue came out his tushie. He has an orange cat and just thought that was the cats meow. So everybody went away with something!!

I have half of my 16 inch Buckeye beauty blocks finished. After my doctor appointment this morning I will work on those. I have new exercises I have to do for my carpal tunnel and I do believe they are already helping so I will be taking breaks three or four times a day to do those exercises.

Wishing us all full bobbins today and lots of time to empty them!! I have the large bobbins. I feel three at a time and when they are empty I know it’s time to oil my machine!

Mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 12, 2022 6:18 am

Good morning!

To those West of me, thanks for sharing! It rained all night and we so need the water. Thanks for that!

We picked up Ethan, found where his cello lesson was and got that done. He was a tired boy from the field trip. It was a play about rock n roll and the speakers playing the music were very loud. His ears hurt and he had a headache too. Ethan is not a fan of loud music!

Today I hope to sew. No where to go. Sandee will bring Ethan home from school and Ethan wants time to play with the puppies and see us. Sarah will be back from Idaho late tonight.

Do and sew fun things!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 12, 2022 6:21 am

Good morning. We are going to see a beautiful day today. Not quite 70* and hopefully the wind dies down. It's the last cool day before the heat hits. After today we are supposed to be in the mid 70's to high 80's, and you know what that means. TOMATOES. I think I will start cutting up the confetti and prepare a celebration.

Becca, nice to have fresh mulch for the flower beds, it makes things look so fresh. Hey, you have my hot tomato ripening weather, give it back. Hope those allergies calm down for both of us.

Judi, I love that we will be friends until we are very old and forgetful, then we will be new friends. Enjoy your sew with a friend day. I love you too.

Lyn, which pattern did you get? fun to hit the quilt shops and the furniture stores. Hope you find just what you are looking for in both stores. When the coach is done will you head to Texas?

Velda, enjoy your busy day, hope it's a fun busy.

Lois, I want to hear what you think of that iron. I still haven't purchased one yet. Maybe I will head into town and see what they have. Or I will do like you, Amazon.

Maryq, sorry about the pooter in the T-shirt quilt. My car could use a good cleaning. I need to wipe down the inside really good. I am so not a cleaner of any kind. Maybe I need to go to WM to look at little irons. Perhaps after I take the boys to school. I've not seen Moulin Rouge, I will have to watch it. I'm a Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, kind of a movie watcher. Sappy chick flicks.

Lori, how did the Cubs do?

Jana, congratulations to Michael. such an honor.

Sharona, we had deer one year in our garden. We tried everything and nothing scared them away. There is a product called Not Tonight Deer, it doesn't work either. Like squirrels and gophers, they want what they want.

Maryz, I like the Chevy Chase movies. Grown Ups is a good movie also, it has Chris Rock and Adam Sandler. Sounds like a great evening at your house and door prizes all around.

Quilt group meets this Saturday, my job is to bring the snack. Jerry will make shortcake and I will get some strawberries and a can of squirt whip cream. They will have a mini class on a pattern from Material Girls called Round Rosy Table Runner. I will need to gather some scraps and get my things together.

Also this weekend is a huge estate sale. Hope I find some treasures there. I also have books to donate to the library and thrift store stuff to donate to the thrift store. Saturday will be a busy day.

Hope you girls have a marvelous day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu May 12, 2022 6:52 am

Good Sunny Warming Up Morning..........

Each spring there seems to be a day just after rain & then some sun the shrubs out front, the leaves are notably bigger at the end of the day than they were in the morning.

Need to strip the bed today & the laundry is going. Have to sneak a shower in there & pick up the mail, it's been over a week.

Love & Prayers..................Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 12, 2022 6:55 am

Good morning, busy busy week here in Vallejo! Trying to keep up with you all. Finish class with Annette today 1030 to 2:30 then will work the Quilt Rush from 3 - 5, tomorrow Free Sew and work the Quilt Rush 11 - 1. 40 degrees here now but getting to about 66. Our heat will also come tomorrow and Saturday. Trying to salvage my tomato plants. The bottom leaves are turning yellow which I am told can be a fungus that grows due to the moisture. It says to cut them all off and keep the leaves off the ground since this is where the fungus comes from. So I did some pruning yesterday before heading off to Quilt Rush.

Judy what is SG quilt? I am thinking "Super Grandma"! OOPs, I see the link, I will go check it out in a bit.

Lyn have not had the time to check tracking for your blocks. Have you?

Vel hope your day is filled with joy.

Lois will be interested to see your thoughts on the mini iron.

Maryz my birthday is October too! I will have to let my family know it is okay to give presents in May!

Jana those storms stayed mostly north of me. Glad of that as not sure what all that hail would have done to the garden.

Chriss have fun at your group. Wish I was going, haven't had strawberry shortcake in forever. I will have to look up that table runner. Sounds cute.

Well caregiver due in 6 min. Need to get things together for Finish it class and maybe some lunch. Going to try to run to grocery store before I head to Vacaville. Have a great day all.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”