Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good News!!! UPDATE on Rod 5/11

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

Good News!!! UPDATE on Rod 5/11

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed May 11, 2022 11:34 am

Hi Everyone, This time it is Good News and a huge thank you to everyone for keeping him in your prayers.

Rod had to undergo a second colonoscopy last fri to stop the bleeding from a prev one done on Tue. He was in there for almost 4 hrs but they finally found where it was coming from. Dr said he was bleeding from three diff places. They took their time and repaired as they went. Took 43 pics too. Rod wants to start a photo album of his colon. Ya, right!!LOL

They kept him in hosp overnight fri nite.So he spent 3 days in the VA hosp downtown. I had son drive me down to pick him up at noon sat. He is still weak from the blood loss but no more stomach pain and he is doing so much better. Thank you everyone for praying us thru this scary situation. He is home and healing.

Now for the bad news that popped up in the midst of all of this. Rod's sister called me fri to tell me their younger brother was having trouble breathing and rushed to hosp. Very poor health, weighs 300 lbs, and does not eat right at all. WE decided not to tell Rod until he came back home.

But then Sat am his sis called me in tears. They had put his bro on life support whatever that meant. She thought maybe we needed to tell Rod. I was still home waiting for a call to go and get him at hosp. The hosp is about 20 miles from us, I called a nurse and she said we did need to tell him. Would be an even greater shock if he died and Rod never had a chance to talk to him at all. The nurses kept an eye on him when I called and told him. He cried but later he did call his bro and talk to him a few min, his wife put the phone up to his ear and he was able to say a few words to his bro. He talked to his sis so many times that day as they cried together over the phone.

We got Rod home sat. He was still upset and calling back and forth to his sis. We are in AZ, she is in upstate NY and his bro is in GA. Rod cried off and on most of the day. He hadn't seen his bro since his mom died a few yrs ago.

But, sunday am, after lots of prayers later and an almost sleepless night, his sis called and said his bro was better and she had talked to him. Guess one of his meds, Tacrolimus ,that he takes to keep from rejecting his liver transplant is an immunity lowering drug and had kept the other meds from helping bro.
Rod takes the same drug for his liver transplant too but not as high a dosage as his bro was on. The dr lowered his bro's dosage, and he was conscious again, and getting better.

Rod called and talked to him a long time that morning and has talked to him every day since. They were never really close, we have always lived in diff states, and he is 4 yrs younger than Rod and Rod left home at 17 to join the air force.

So sorry so long a post and took a while to post and let you know Rod is getting better and so is his bro. Thank you, thank you , thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers and thanks too for all the kind, comforting and encouraging words.

May God bless each and every one of you today and all your tomorrows too with good health, healing if you are suffering, and happiness as we all go thru life. I don't get much time to even read let alone post but I do enjoy all your doings. Prayers for all your needs today too.

Hugs and love across the miles, Shirley Mae, Rod and the silly kittycats

billizzy

Re: Good News!!! UPDATE on Rod 5/11

Post by billizzy » Wed May 11, 2022 11:40 am

All is awesome news I am so glad rod is feeling better 😊 tell him I will bring him a companion goat for laughs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸπŸ
🐐izzy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 11, 2022 5:28 pm

Very good news Shirley Mae!!
If Izzy brings a companion goat, I'm coming to watch that!
Prayers for fast healing for Rod and brother.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 pm

so glad things are looking up for Rod and his brother. Guess the moral of the story is that it pays to look up.

Hope you get some rest ShirleyMae, God bless you.
Exodus 33:14

Return to β€œSew ins”