Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Weds May 11th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Weds May 11th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 11, 2022 5:44 am

Where is everyone? Im up dressed drank coffee made the bed and started laundrty,,,Not much going on here 82 today Peepers should be out soon...Weeds know its spring. Red bud trees have put on their lovely lavender frocks...sooon we will have a shady yard again...hope you are doing something fun todayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Weds May 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 11, 2022 6:00 am

Good Morning,

JUDI - I'm here! I was just busy yakking. Your yard is starting to look quite lovely and inviting! Be careful about that. You never know what a strange RV, probably an Arctic Fox, might show up in your yard to enjoy the shade and all the pretty! What did your floor guy say?

VAL - your weather in that photo looks like what's been going on here lately, with only an occasional warm (60+ deg) & sunny day. Where did global warming go??

CHRISS- Bummer your Costco will close its station for two months but more pumps will be great! Ours did that, too, a few years ago, but they STILL didn't add a diesel pump. :evil: Did you have a colonoscopy, too? Seems there have been several in our group lately. Also lots of weddings. I'm glad I'm in the wedding bunch! Did you ever decide on an air fryer? A while back you were asking opinions from us. We bought Ninja Foodie. It's low slung and we can't even get a casserole dish in it. Too cumbersome to use just for toast, and we found we couldn't even bake potatoes in it. So we're getting rid of it and yesterday we bought a simple toaster at Costco. Bill is the toast person so he's much happier. (Next to go will be the Keurig, also too big to give counter space to when it's only used about 15 times a year. I HATE cluttered counters.)

JANA - I didn't see you at Costco! But I did see a lot of much higher prices! Ouch! Still, we got out for under $200. Funny egg delivery story you shared! How are those two vicious killer dogs that moved in across the street from you doing? :D

LORI - You have a big project ahead for your quilting guild. Will those of you who are doing it work on it on your own or will you all get together for work sessions. Kind of fascinates me how you can handle 40 years of records, deciding what needs keeping and what can be tossed, scanning, etc. Maybe I'm glad I don't belong to a guild!

KATY- we've been stocking up, too, during sales. Will you can, freeze, or dehydrate your veggies? Do you have cold storage bins for your potatoes, squash, etc? Growing up on a farm, we had a "fruit room" in the basement and it was lined with shelves of home-canned foods, jams,& jellies. And one wall was potato bins.

BECCA - the birds were making a real mess of our deck, too, where we live summer nights. So a few weeks ago, we moved it out onto a clothesline that we can pull in to fill, and then let out again. It hangs over a brushy area where the mess doesn't matter, and the squirrels can't get to it. Though with the new bird flu going around, people are being asked not to feed the wild birds so I'm considering letting them all fend for themselves through the summer.

SHARONA - You reminded me once again to call for my mammo appt. You nag, you. So I finally remembered to do it - June 10 I go for The Big Squeeze. Thanks! How is puppy training going at your house? Have you learned anything yet? :lol:

MARYQ- What's the word, girlfriend?? Got plans for the week?

FLO - have you got your heart quilt top together yet?

Yesterday after grocery shopping and Costco ( couldn't find about 4 items, and forgot 4 others, so I'm going to another store this morning) we did get a little bit of yard work done. I lightly raked a few areas and then put out most of my yard art - animals, gnomes, birds, etc. I bring it all in every October. I also got in some sewing time before going to our friends in late afternoon. This morning after chiropractor and that quick grocery stop, I'm going to bake a blackberry pie, shuck corn, make a big potato salad and pot of baked beans. Our grandsons are coming for a BBQ tonite after they get off work. I'm hoping one of them wants a nearly new toaster oven/air fryer. I'm sure there will be time in my day to be one with my Bernina for at least an hour or two. :D

I hope we all get a few threads on us today!

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 11, 2022 6:01 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Just a quick drop by allergies are still bad and I'm giving sewing a rest for a few I had to unsew so I'm putting it on the side and walked out for a few.

I hope Everyone is doing ok.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 11, 2022 6:22 am

Good morning. Today will be a great day. Not quite sure why yet but it will be great.

I have a zoom meeting today and am also going to sew. I also want to make a green salad.
Jerry will pick the lettuce and I will chop everything up. I love salad and it takes me quite a while to make one. I like my salad veggies to be small enough where I can fit multiple flavors on each forkfull. Silly and OCD, but it's one of my many quirks.

I watch movies on my laptop while I sew. Movies just aren't what they used to be. It's really hard to find a good one. So, the question is, what is your go to movie. What is the one or two that you will watch over and over?

Got home last night about 8:30. My appointment was at 4:30 but didn't start until after 6:00. When I got home, I fried up some eggs, Moose ate half of them, and I went to bed. Nice to have that behind me.

Judi, I agree, where is everyone? I opened up yesterday's thread and realized I was re-reading what I had read yesterday. Happy window washing.

Valerie, what crazy weather you had. We were cold, windy and cloudy but not a drop of rain. Sure wish all that hail was in my yard. We are in kind of a valley and it seems that the weather often passes us by.

Velda, Suzette posted a picture on her FB page that made me think of you. Two wild turkey's drinking from a humming bird feeder. The caption said something like, These hummers are looking rough this year. It was cute.

Lois, hope the seam ripping is minimal and the allergies go away soon.

Maryz, you are getting off of the air fryer band wagon? I have to admit, we used ours often at first and now not so much. It now lives on top of the fridge. It's a big bulky thing and I prefer an iron skillet, guess it was a novelty thing much like the pet rock. We get blackberries at a farmers market nearby. they are easily the size of something between an almond and walnut. Wish I had the plant that grew them that big.

This weekend, starting Friday, is a huge estate sale that I will be attending. So hope there are treasures for me to grab onto. I also need to take some stuff to the thrift store and the library book sale. And also I have my quilt group meeting where it is my turn to bring the snack. Jerry will make shortcake and I will get some strawberries and a can of squirt whip cream. Someone else is also bringing snacks but I have no clue what their plan is.

That's my story, think I am due to get dressed and get my day started, you all have a super day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 11, 2022 6:25 am

Good morning!

Still cold. Back when I was a kid, in school we got a newspaper called the Weekly Reader. Maybe you did too. It had all kinds of stories in it. Many articles I remember and so does Michael, were about how the earth was cooling and we needed to act to prevent another ice age. Seems like that is happening, not all this global warming.

Ethan is on a field trip today, so I get to pick him up from school and then take him to his cello lesson. Sarah is in Idaho up at the main offices for the sod company. She is training the girl who works up there with how to do the books. IF, Idaho Falls, is only about a three hour drive from here, now that there are freeways! I remember when I was in college just north of IF it took nearly 5 hours to get there.

Valerie - saw the picture of Vacaville. Back when Sarah graduated from high school in June, we got weather just like that, on the graduation ceremony. We were outdoors at the Concord Pavillion and it even knocked out the power! Vacaville has changed so much over the years. My uncle lived there, near the old onion processing plant. You always knew when you were near Vacaville by the huge smell of onions!

Then for Chriss, it was the stock yard smell as you drove through Manteca, it was really bad! But, alas, you are both too young to remember those.

Heading to play in the Batt Cave, until my school run,

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed May 11, 2022 6:35 am

Morning
Maryz, on second heart quilt 3 of 5 rows together. After I get rows assembled, I make border....I'm getting there.
Yesterday was long. Up early, out door at 7 with joe. Took him to his truck 20 miles north west of home...then back track past my house to go 40 miles east of me to doctors. I was released from surgery with no restrictions and told to ease into things.....kill joy. Then I go 15 miles south of my house to run errands....then finally home, waiting fir Joe to call. He was supposed to be done by noon...at 3 he calls. But I travel 50 miles west to joplin to pick him up. Home for day at 6:30 pm...
Today I'm staying home!
Have a sew great day
Flo

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed May 11, 2022 7:25 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. I got up early and am on my way out to mow my yard before it gets too warm. Had a wonderful time at my luncheon yesterday with my friends from my class of 1965. We sat and talked for over 2 hours while we ate lunch. Hope to get together in a couple of months again. I hadn't seen most of them in many years. Was amazing how much we had in common after all these years.

Also had a wonderful time Saturday night when my oldest son Rob took all of us out to eat for Mother's Day at P.F. Chang's. They have such good food. There was so much I brought home what I couldn't eat.

Well, better get going before I lose my mowing ambition. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 11, 2022 7:27 am

Jana, I don't remember the stockyard smell of Manteca but I do remember the smell of the Spreckles sugar factory. I think it is why the town is referred to as Man-Stink-aah.

Flow, maybe you should have slipped your doctor a $20, he could have said housework and cooking are restricted. ;)

Sherry, glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Happy mowing
Exodus 33:14

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed May 11, 2022 7:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Wednesday! Sorry I was MIA... Monday for some reason I couldn't get online to any website! Yesterday I had a whole long post all typed and ready to go.. then bam, the computer glitched and it was gone. By then it was 11:00 and I thought I better get butt in gear!

Judi... Not sure how much fun I'll have today.. I did promise myself that I would clean out my car and that's not always a fun project! Would much rather sew, but alas.... if you could see my car!

Maryz... You got out of Costco for < $200! Good for you! Even for just little ole me a Sam's club total is more than that! Are you having a hard time finding cat food? I ran into the local grocery store yesterday afternoon (I was craving ice cream) and I noticed the cat food shelves were completely empty! Only plan for the day is to get a haircut, clean out car and maybe do a little laundry! Fun day right?

Lois... OH yes.. sometimes just better to walk away. I do notice that now that I don't have PMS anymore, I'm more less likely to lose my temper over ripping something out! OH the things I've ripped into pieces! :lol: :lol:

Chriss.... My go-to Movies while sewing.... I just watched Moulin Rouge again. Pearl Harbor, Dances with Wolves and Mama Mia I have watched all those so many times that I know the dialogue by heart! Did you ever order yourself one of those little irons? I got mine yesterday... $13. something from Walmart!

Jana.... OH gosh... icky smells? When I was in college, there was a meat processing plant just a few miles from campus... on just the right kind of the day the smell would be so bad... you could almost taste it. You couldn't have windows open. I think they finally shut down the place., but man was it nasty. Another stinky place is a paper processing plant! Used to drive through a town that had that! PEEEEE_UUUUUUUUU

Flo.... My goodness that's a lot of miles! Spending that much time in the car tires me out! But you sure got good news from the dr... no more restrictions! Have fun today and GO SEW something!

Sherry.... LOVE PF Changs! Do you ever see their frozen meals at the grocery store? I usually have them on my grocery list every time! How fun to get together with old friends like that! I need to get in touch with an old friend from childhood too... we've been promising we'd get together when the weather gets warmer and there's no snow. I think we are safe now!

Guess I better quit stalling and go clean out the car! UGH... I figure if I get that stinky job done, I'll come in and take a shower and be sweet smelling when I go get my hair cut this afternoon. Have one little project at the sewing machine to finish. I pinned the whole *$^#* t-shirt quilt and found a big pooter in the back so I'm going to take it all apart and I asked my sweet Viv to quilt it for me next week. I thought I could do it, but I'm so scared I'm going to mess it up.. This is why I don't sew for other people.. and never will again!!!!!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 11, 2022 8:03 am

Chriss - ah yes, you remembered better than me, it was the sugar beet factory that caused the stink!

Return to “Sew ins”