Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday May 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday May 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 10, 2022 3:57 am

Good morning,,,it is another warm one here we will go to 80,,,I have a few windows to do...I think it will be 4 today. I do have a guy coming out to look at the basement floor. It is probably going to be the single most expensive part of the basement. we have picked out the flooring, Painter guy was out yesterday but he cant start for 3 weeks and Ken still has half a ceiling and some duct work to put up..and all the window trim.
I did finish block 2 of the stitchers garden,,,It is amazing how it all comes back to you when you think you have forgotten how to do stuff. Coffee then some chores then some outside time too...Hope your day is filled with fun things too...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday May 10th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 10, 2022 4:07 am

Good morning, Judi and all who are coming later. Boy, your basement will be awesome when you finish. I know you will be tickled pink when it's all done. I need to Google your quilt pattern. Make me curious.
I have quilting group at church today. Only a couple more weeks, then we quit for summer, but still sew tops on our own in our homes. Then resume meeting when school starts again.
Have a great day doing whatever your day brings.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue May 10, 2022 4:33 am

Good morning everyone being a busy week already I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day I know I did just rested and didn’t really do anything so that makes it a great day

Been working on a quilt and the sewing room and then also have DD’s quilt on the long arm trying to get her Scooby Doo quilt long arm so hopefully will get done this week.

Not much new here for those of you that followed a little super Sammual that we made the baby quilt for he had surgery yesterday it was a 12 hour surgery got out last night 9 PM lost a lot of blood is in ICU now will stay sedated until they can get the breathing tube out overall they get most of the tumor but he will continue have to have some treatments for the cancer and now they’re trying to figure out what treatment will work the chemo that he was on was not working and they weren’t able to remove all of the tumor because some of it was wrapped around his vascular system that led down his legs and they didn’t wanna damage his legs so he could use some extra prayers same for the family they are from Florida and they had to travel to New York for the surgery

Nothing else new here so getting ready to start my workday so have fun find some fabric and stitching some stitches
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 10, 2022 5:15 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Could it be?? Could the end be in sight?? Can Ken get the ceiling, duct work, and trim all ready for painter in three weeks? And happy day that you have two blocks down on S.G.! It all comes back, doesn't it. Will you set it aside to do your new project or finish it first?

VELDA - have fun sewing at your group today. Hard to believe we're almost to the point where you will be pausing for summer!

IZZY - thank you for the update on little Super Sam! Praying for strength for his parents, skill for his doctors, and better health for him.

KATY - it's been a cold wet spring here, too. I'm also way behind on my yard work. I don't have any veggie gardens and, for the most part, what I refer to as "flower beds" are just natural areas that I try to keep trimmed and clear of briars, blackberries (NOT the berry-bearing kind!), old leaves, etc. I have a lot of yard art I put out every spring in early April, but it's still not out yet this year. My back also slows down my progress. My DD keeps telling me yoga will help my back and I'm sure she's right - but I really don't like yoga - at all.

VAL - I do my mammo every year, too. Though the only woman in my family to have cancer of any kind was my paternal GM who had breast cancer and died in 1941, ten years before I was born. But I believe stats do show that most women who get BC do not have a family history of it.

SHARONA - howdy!!

CHRISS - I will never own another Rowenta either. They used to be THE iron to have but not sure what happened to them. I'm done with expensive irons of all kinds. They simply are not worth it. I love my little travel Proctor Silex. From now on, that's my brand. And yes, postage, shipping, and handling is getting to be more and more expensive. I always shop local if I possibly can. Though some on-line deals are hard to resist. And when I do order things I always try to take my business to QIAD because, we are, after all, a QIAD forum!

JANA - oh, I bet those puppies are adorable!!! I had to Google your topside creeper and show Bill. He'd never heard of it. Will sure be handy for workin' on the railroad!

I kept thinking it would warm up yesterday but it just never did. And then it started to rain. So I did shelved my plans to work outside and worked inside instead - mop/vac/laundry. And sewed a few hours and then snuggled under a quilt with the fur crowd and read a book for a while. This morning, after my walk, we're going to Costco and regular grocery. I'll put it all away and then work in the yard a few hours if it gets as warm as they say (59*). Then we have to be at our friends for Happy Hour and "Heavy appetizers". at 4:30. Not sure I'll have any sewing time today.

Have a great day!

Mary z
>^+^<

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue May 10, 2022 5:30 am

Hello everyone sunny here today Yesterday we were in70s
Judi Glad. Your work came back to you Hope Ken gets all his things completed

Velda I’m surprised the Church stops in Summer We just work thru We only miss for Christmas Hard to believe it’s close to school ending but I’m not a teacher
Glad you helped your neighbor

Maryz I too go out & get in some yard work most everyday Yesterday I cleaned the lower porch for bird 🦅 poop I love birds but they can be messy

Izzy Prayers for that sweet baby Cancer is so scary & hard for families

I am doing laundry It multiples around here just for 2 people But I stripped beds too
I got a late start so hope everyone has a good day. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 am

Good morning,

We too need a run over to Costco. The one near me will open next week, so this will be the last run down by Matt's house. It will be so nice to have this closer Costco. Might be dangerous too, being so close. LOL!

Then home and playing in the Batt Cave. I have my uglies caught up for the week too. It's still wonder what the weather will bring time here in the mountains. We are still cold but the they say, 80 by the weekend.

Sew fun stuff!

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:22 am

Good morning All
Just a quick hello. I really need to do some house chores before I get ready for guild meeting.
Tomorrow will be another garden day. Need to do a clean up on south garden. Darn weather has got me so far behind. And now its going to be in 90's all week. O well I guess I can sew. And need to check air conditioning out anyway. This has been such a weird year.
I did purchase another small freezer. This will hold my butter and frozen stuff. I dont know whats going on but prices are really very high so when I see a sale I buy a whole bunch. Thats why I have a veggie garden again this year. Just now running out of onions.
Well ladies I need to move my fanny and get some stuff done.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Ps finally spotted a couple of female Humming birds. Yippee

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue May 10, 2022 7:24 am

Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny but chilly morning and we will likely see temps in the 60's today and through the week.

Not much excitement here. Zoom meeting at 10 am, Colonoscopy at 4pm and in between I will make some bean bags and sort scraps for a class on Saturday.

Judi, that basement is such a big project, glad you are finding people to help get it done. Glad your quilt is going smoothly. I have that pattern and will do it someday.

Velda, happy quilt day at church. How many are in your group? it sounds like fun.

Izzy, kids do love Scooby Doo. I think Flo is making a Scooby quilt too. Prayers for Samuel.

Maryz, I recently bought a Beautural 1800 watt iron at Amazon. Never heard of the brand but the watts sold me. It's a great iron, gets nice and hot. Happy yard working and costco shopping. I need a few things but can wait, no need to come get my list.

Becca, laundry does seem to grow, not sure why. Ours is caught up for now but then you mentioned the beds. Maybe I will do sheets tomorrow.

Jana, Costco is 30 miles from me. I also get gas there. I was told they would be adding more pumps in July and the gas part would be closed for 2 1/2 months. While I will not like getting gas elsewhere, I will love the addition of more pumps. What fun thing are you sewing?

Katy, it has been a weird year weatherwise. I would love to see seasons come back and do what they are supposed to do. Glad your lady hummers showed up.

Sharona, woosh, that was a quick flash.

Valerie, shipping charges are one of the reasons Amazon does so well. You can get free two day shipping on so many things. And I read that JC Penny's offered to buy Kohl's. Here there are 4 stores that sell clothing. WalMart, Target, Kohl's and JC Penny's, I never find anything in either of them.

Hope you girls have a great day.
Chriss.
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue May 10, 2022 4:50 pm

Good evening, free sew today. Picture of the weather today in Vacaville.

Add Thunder, lightening and wind. Needless to say we watched the weather more than our sewing machines.

Did get the binding on front of Pacific Grove and will flip and stitch in Vegas. Also got a pillow case done to match the quilt.

Working Quilt rush all day tomorrow.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm

Val, that's crazy weather for May.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”