Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, May 9th, 2022

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Monday, May 9th, 2022

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 09, 2022 4:31 am

Rise and Shine Everyone!!
Early mornings at Newmar. Up at 5 eastern, tech arrives at 6.
Need lots of coffee.
Hope everyone has a Great Day!
Lyn

Becca

Re: Monday, May 9th, 2022

Post by Becca » Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 am

Good morning everyone Lyn That’s an early start to the day Hope they get your Coach & slide fixed And you have safe travels

Hope everyone had a good Mother’s Day My oldest sons Birthday is today he’s a good one Always wants to help someone

I guess it’s laundry here today Don’t know what else is on the list It’s a slower week I hope but you never know around here

Everyone have a great day. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 09, 2022 5:12 am

Good Morning It is sunny and going to 70 here,,,a perfect day...we had all the kids over yesterday and I got flowers and cards and my oldest bought me a "winning" ticket for the power ball...tomorrow. DD BBQd burgers and dogs and we had a nice visit. A perfect Mothers day ,
Today it is very bright can't do any of the windows except on the north side of the house so I will try and get those done today. will run up to the scavenger hunt to pick up a few things,
Seems a few regular posters are missing hope all is ok with them. Im off to find my coffee...I set the cup down somewhere??????Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon May 09, 2022 5:19 am

Morning
Had a wonderful weekend. Beautiful weather. Yesterday we went to mass at a different parish. We ran into friends and went out to brunch with them. Then kids came over for a bbq.

Today it's mowing for joe.. tomorrow I see doc for post op, and I may have restrictions lifted.
Have a great day.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 am

[flash=]Good morning!

LYN - glad you made it and the servicing of your rig starts bright and early. It's just now 5am here, though I've been up for 1/2 hr feeding the fur-crowd and waiting on the coffee.

KATHY - so what was it that you were waiting for? Was it flowers?? Nice to skype with your girls.

BECCA - I don't have a lot of laundry but you just may have talked me into it. Darn!

MARYQ- Did you get the borders on that Tee-shirt quilt? Are you doing this project for a friend or a "client"? I save my scraps and "strings" for those times when I'm between projects, waiting for fabric, patterns, or inspiration to arrive. Or for a simple travel project in the trailer. My tote of scraps has been to Texas and back (and many other places) almost as may times as I have! lol! Have you heard from Jen since her wedding?

JANA - Your chair sounds wonderful! I think your large stair landing is a purrfect place for it with a quilt draped over it. You can call it your stair chair. Is it sturdy enough to actually sit on it?

CHRISS - How was breakfast with the parents? I have a little Proctor Silex travel iron. 1200 watts. I love it! It uses water for steam. It was in the $20 range. I actually like it better than my big iron at home. And it can iron circles around any of the 3 regular-sized Rowentas I've had in the past.

JUDI - your day sounds like all any mom could ever wish for! Any progress on the basement? I said my nightly prayer for Sophia.

FLO - Nice to run into your friends and then home to a family BBQ!

SHERRY - you had a nice day, I know. You mentioned your "older son" but which one is the older one?

VELDA - I know your day was awesome, too! :D

Yesterday was chilly, but we held "dance practice" out on the driveway. Decided to try it again in costume (yes, we dug out our old dance costumes and they almost fit!). Then it started to rain so we had to wait a half-hour, hoping we didn't burst any seams. But we finally were able to "git 'er dun!". A 3-min. video of us waltzing to Anne Murray's "Could I have This Dance for the Rest of my Life". We ended with the camera panning in to a large sign we made, "We 💗 Autonio". We uploaded it to DropBox, the kids saw it, and were on the phone to us immediately. They were so surprised that we'd done this for them. Aut said she'd treasure it all her life. We weren't purrfect by any means, but I guess, to Autonio, we were.

As for sewing, I cut and sewed 8 HST's. That's it. I don't know what else I did all day long. Bill made an early morning campfire out in the yard and cooked us breakfast on the camp stove. That was special. Today's plan hasn't been worked out yet. Maybe yard work this afternoon.

A brand new week - fill those bobbins!

mary z
>^+^<[/flash]

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon May 09, 2022 6:15 am

Good morning--just a quick stop for now. Have a mammo appt for 10 its an annual test only. My gp says "you can go every 2 years if you want". Now who would wait for 2 years?? I told him no- have lots of cancer in my family. I won't wait for 2 years.
Hubby's cousin in flying here from Minn. for a few days. Should land at 11 am. So they have golfing 2 days. (I see sewing LOL)

Have to run for my test. I'll check back later to catch up.

Mary- what do you mean offically QOV??

Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:38 am

What wonderful reports today. All sound busy for the new week. We were up extremely early. Coffee, exercise, showers, coffee #2, then off to get groceries. All put away. A 1/2cup of leftover coffee and catch up with everyone here. Then we're are off again with neighbor, she wants me to help her pick out flowers. Then we are going to help her find clips at the hardware store for hanging a mirror. We heard an awful noise yesterday about supper time. I was so afraid she had fallen, so I rushed over to check on her. A mirror fell that a son-in-law had hung earlier for her. Miracle that the mirror did not break, but frame came apart. We helped her get stuff picked up. She is 91 and you can understand why we were so concerned for her. She was so glad we came running. She wants to eliminate the frame and just hang the mirror plain. Hope we find what she needs. The son-in-law didn't have it hung right anyway. Weight needed to be distributed instead of hung on a nail. Really was a big mistake on his part.
Well, need to get going. Catch you all later.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 09, 2022 6:49 am

Good morning!

Looks like the rain is now gone. Rained most of yesterday and it is downright cold! I call 34 cold!

We had a fun time at Matt's yesterday. Sandee and Scott brought the two new baby puppies. They picked them up on Thursday. These new puppies were planned as they knew their other dog wouldn't be here much longer. They have always had a dog or two or three. These new puppies are named Sapphire and Scarlett. They are sisters and look identical to each other. They are Bichon, Maltese and Poodle mix. All white fluffy rag mops with light tan ears. Very laid back and loveable. Emma and Ethan held them, played with them most of the night. The puppies are 9 weeks old. Sandee will send me a picture of the pair so I can share. Today because Scott has to go to his office, the puppies will be with Sandee at school. So when every moment that Ethan is done in his classroom, he will be in Sandee's classroom with the puppies. All of Sandee's students will love having these puppies too. School for Ethan is only about 2 more weeks.

I did get my top assembled, so now today it will get quilted and bound. Michael's new toy arrived, a ladder that allows you to lay across the top shelf like space to reach farther. It's called a Topside Creeper. This enables someone to reach across the layout without damaging the scenery or track work, so it can be maintained. Even after the layout is up and running, routine maintenance is needed. A lot of work!

Yes, my Windsor chair can be sat upon. It's quite sturdy. The only big no no is trying to pick it up by the arms. We are not sure, how much glue actually got into those joints and they can pop out of place easily. And it is a royal pain to get them back in place!

So not much else new here, do something fun !

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 09, 2022 7:45 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. Looks like I am here a little late today. Most of you are up and have started your day as I lag behind. I hope your Mother's Day was the most memorable one yet.

Today I have a zoom meeting and the rest of the day is mine. A load of laundry is about half done in the washer. I never made it to my room yesterday. Had a late breakfast with the parents and ate every carb in sight. It was really good.

Was shopping on the Missouri Quilt site yesterday. Their patterns and templates are buy one get one half off. After looking through everything I only had 3 patterns and one template in my cart. Can't see ordering $20 worth of stuff and adding $5 in shipping. I will just pass.

Lyn, hope your day is uneventful and Newmar handles any issues quickly and completely.

Becca, happy birthday to DS. Nice to have a slow restful day. Laundry is also on my docket. I'm waiting for the weather to finally warm enough so I can wash and put away the quilts for the summer.

Judi, since you have that winning ticket I won't bother buying one. I was wondering who was going to win. Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful. We used to have burger dogs when Jerry's parents were alive, you sparked a good memory for me.

Flo, always nice when there is a get together with the kids. glad you had a nice time

Maryz, what a touching heart string tugging video that must have been. I am so glad the kids loved and treasured it. such a wonderful thoughtful idea. UGH!, Rowenta. I will never buy another one. They are just awful. I only need a small iron to take to classes, and really want rather than need.

Diane, hope the mamo is quick and the cousin visit includes lots of golf so you can have some uninterrupted sewing.

Velda, You are a good neighbor, so glad you were there for the lady nextdoor. You've been quite busy this morning.

Jana, googled topside creeper, very cool. Sounds like his track set up is wide and not easy to reach across. I would love to see a picture of his track. I bet it's really cool. I bet the kids had fun with the puppies, they sound really cute.

Maryq, I have seen the Steamfast iron and really think that is the one I am going to get. Can't beat the reviews and the $20 price. The same thing in the Dritz brand is $35. I'd much rather spend $20. Sounds like your plan was a nice peaceful day yesterday.

Kathy, did you get your skype visit with DD's in? Was it flowers?

Sherry, glad you had a nice Son-day. I agree. Rather than flowers or any other gift I would rather have my kids time. Having them visit or call or help with a project is the perfect gift for those who have everything they need or want.

Time to get my day started. Hope you are all still smiling thinking about yesterday.

Enjoy your week
Chriss
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am

Mornin'!

Just a flash-by (quicker than a drive-by) - have to head out for a PT appointment. Hope everyone had a great MD yesterday. xoxo Sharona
Last edited by womster on Mon May 09, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sew ins”