Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, May 9th, 2022

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Monday, May 9th, 2022

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am

Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone has their day planned out. I have a trip up Mt Washmore, pick up my Pacific Grove quilt at the shop, go to the base and renew my caregiver card and pick up Dad's meds post office. Probably no sewing though. Back to work tonight.

Chriss I have a hard time with those shipping charges myself. Sometimes cheaper to buy local. I have ended up paying almost $20 for a charm pack with shipping.

Jana I may have to look into that ladder. It sounds interesting. I have a small one I use around the house that supposedly you can step on the top step. Uh No, don't think I will try that

Vel so glad your neighbor didn't get hurt.

Diane I don't wait 2 years either. My Mom, sister and niece all had breast cancer. I am choosing not to be next.

Oh Maryz sounds like a great video and lots of fun making it. I wish we could post videos on the site. Maybe I will suggest that.

Flo sounds like you made a good choice going somewhere new. Nice to see old friends.

Judi sure hope you stay with us when you pick up that big jackpot!

Becca maybe you can a stitch or 2 while doing the laundry.

Lyn good luck with the coach. You are on my list today.

Okay trying not to laugh. I am actually sitting parked waiting for 9am to drop off at cleaners. I thought they opened earlier. A women just walked by. It looks like she has a fake booty on. OMG, it is way to big for the rest of her!

Not much else new. 1 week till Dad's surgery. His blood sugars are still all over the place. Hoping they regulate after cancer gone.

Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Re: Monday, May 9th, 2022

Post by mepeace2 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Good afternoon all
I finally made it. I worked in my gardens all morning. Needed to clean out some roses and remulch. It has been so darn cold and rainy that I got very little done. Today the morning was perfect to get something done. Then after lunch the darn wind started blowing. I found several ticks while laying mulch so before cooking took a shower and washed my head. You will find me in my sewing room if you really need me. LOL I have 10 more chickens to make before putting quit together. I also will be working on the blasted guild mystery quilt. We meet Saturday to get final instructions. We are supposed to sew all day. My back wont allow this so I will pick up instructions take pictures of finished quilt and hope this works to put together . Cant sit on folding chairs that long anyway.
I will try to get here earlier tomorrow. We have a guild meeting that starts at 2 so I should be able to chat early. You all seem busy. No my tomato plants are not in yet. I have lettuce radishes potatoes and onions in the ground. Onions are up. I have zuccini ,tomato ,peppers and cucumber plants ready to put in.
I am kind of sad I only have two male hummingbirds so far and it is getting late for the females to appear. Well if they dont show I will have enough suger to last me over a year.
Well i need to go get another chicken ready to mark and sew and cut out so I can hand applique to background. Talk to you all tomorrow
You all have a great sewing day

Katy

Return to “Sew ins”