Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNday May 8th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

SUNday May 8th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 08, 2022 4:54 am

Good sunny morning so bright and it will be warm today in the 60s...We have a estate person coming this morning to help Ken get the estate of our late friends in order,,,Since he is a friend I have the coffee on and hope he can help us wade through the paper work...So far we have about an inch and a half pile...and forms to fill out for the military insurance...ken is head trustee and there are 2 kids and 3 grandkids in the estate.
I might get outside to do some yard work or just laundry and house things today...
I may run to the store yo get lunch meat and I might even get up to the sewing room...which is a disaster with projects every where, in my searches things always pop out of the corners,,,,and I have projects I didnt know I had,
Hope you get to do what you want today..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Your continued prayers for our little Sophia would be appreciated,,,

QuiltGram8

Re: SUNday May 8th 2022

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:03 am

Happy Mother's Day to all of you. 💐
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 08, 2022 5:26 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Mother's Day. We do not have any real plans, DH has to work, it's going to be cooler today which Dad doesn't like so we will just stay home. I have a roast for dinner and will think of something to go with it.

Judi you certainly sound busy. Estates can be challenging. So glad Dad took care of his. He has few personal belongings left now so won't be much work when he is gone. Prayers for Sophie. So hard for the little ones to be sick. A new Baby! Prayers for a new house soon.

Chriss I haven't even heard of that machine. Maybe you can google it or something? So sorry to hear you are making so many trips to the Kleenex box. Allergies are in full swing this year.

Maryq those darn gremlins. They are in my garage too. One day I really need to start going through it. I should give the kids a certain amount of time to come and get their stuff or it's going out! Then the rest going out too!

Jana that project sounds pretty cool.

Lyn didn't get to Post Office yesterday, Monday it is.

Maryz sounds like you are having Penguin weather. We really need some if you want to send some our way. I will have to go check out that book.

Vel so happy your son can come visit. I have not had kids around for years on Mothers' Day either. Maybe one year soon.

Just me and Dad today, our usual Sun. The long armer did let me know she has my Pacific Grove quilt done and will drop it off for me at the quilt shop. I will get the pillow cases done, sew the binding on the front and then take it with me to Vegas to sew the binding on the back.

Hope your day is filled with cheer!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 08, 2022 5:47 am

Happy Mother’s Day everyone Hope it’s a special day for all

Good morning everyone cloudy here & cooler
Judi I hope Ken can get his project taken care of I am not a fan of paper work
Those projects grow I think

Velda I’m so happy your son was able to be with you I know it gave you joy Nothing like having family around

We had a great visit with our son yesterday His wife did not get to v
Come She has Tri Geminal Neuralgia just like I do now something anyone wants
Have a wonderful day everyone. Becca
Valerie Have a good day

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:47 am

Good morning everyone And Happy Mothers Day

Gish It seems like forever since I was on here. First I took a week to finish some housework and sew up ufo's. The I thought I was kicked off of here Silly me I just needed to answer the question. Then my computer had a problem So I called my computer geek. He got that fixed but informed me I was not locked down and anyone could use my internet. That took a phone call to my internet service who sent someone out to get corrected. Then had some health issues Not me.
So here I am. Not much going on . I am real far behind in gardening because of rain. Got onions potatoes, raishes and lettuce planted. But I do have my plants bought and are in garage.
On the sewing front I sent two small pieces to Teresa to be quilted. Then finished my table runner and I am working on my chicken salad blocks. Got two almost done. I decided to hand applique them.
I am still working on arranging my fabric . The sewing room is finally looking better.
Well hopefully nothing else will happen. LOL I need more Java.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Ps I got roses from my son for mothers day These were a total suprize . And I will tell about the sickies .later

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 am

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all our mom's, grandmoms, great-grandmoms, step-moms, moms-in-law, pet moms, and moms of the heart. Bless you all. It's the best job on earth!

JUDI - sounds like you have a of choices today. But it's your special day so I guess you get to choose whatever makes YOU the happiest! My last thought before I fell asleep last night was for your little Sophia. Speaking of Sophia, I've always loved that name. My grandmother was Sophie Esperance. So my ears always prick up when I hear Sophia or Sophie.

CHRISS- Please tell your nose that my nose is sorry about the wind. Really sorry. We had 17mph wind all day yesterday. But it did finally blow the clouds away after a VERY rainy morning. Did you get your bean bags made? Did you use beans or rice or sand or ???? Now get Jerry to build a frame with a hole in the middle and you and he can play Corn Hole! It seems to be very popular lately. Are you going to get that book I bought and you Googled? Funny you should mention the quilt on the cover. As I read through all the patterns in it last night, I realized that is basically a Buckeye Beauty! The same quilt I'm doing from Eleanor's Seasons book. Just smaller blocks. I think besides doing this for Alec's friend, I'm going to make it in a king for my sister for Christmas. You chose wisely, my friend!

MARYQ - Hey, did you notice, we Marys got special mention in Chriss's post yesterday. We won't talk about what she mentioned about us - we'll just focus on the fact that we are on her mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: How did Garage Day go for you? I bet your new friend was soo grateful that you came to help her. She must be feeling overwhelmed. I bet we ALL wish we could go with you and get her house and sewing room whipped into shape for her! I hope you are able to sell a lot of her stuff for her.

JAna - you mentioned you are wishing for rain. Well, Honey, do I have a storm for you! And I think/hope we are done with it and it's heading east so get out your bumbershoot!!

BECCA - I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sorry you missed seeing your new DDIL, but I'm sure she'll be visiting soon and that will give you something more to look forward to!

KATY - there you are! I was worried about you. Sorry there has been health stuff going on in your life, but am relieved it's not you. Glad you got your house cleaned. I should probably do some of that but I keep talking myself out of it, Though I did get my windows washed!

VELDA - I know you are enjoying your day with your son! Egg salad sandwiches are my favorite, too!

VAL - Sounds like a quiet day at your house. The older I get the happier I am with "quiet days". So glad your P.G. quilt is coming back to you so quickly! Did you tell us the size? I forget.

Yesterday I posted a photo of my string quilt. And found a good home for the rest of my strings! That quilt only took me about 3 yrs to make. It will be for a donation to our nursing home at Christmas so I'm not quilting it until then. Tops are easier to store than finished quilts. Bill finished quilted Penguins in a blowing snowflake pattern and I got the binding and label on that. Now I'm set for both boys for Christmas. We also had another 'dance practice'. We're getting better! We've been practicing and filming ourselves. Today we're going to put on our nice dance clothes just in case we accidentally get a good "take"! Scottie is bored with dancing so now he just lays and watches us. So no more hiding our footwork behind him! And I'm going to start gathering up fabrics because I hope to start on my Buckeye Beauties today.

I hope, no matter what you choose to do today, you all have a special day!

Happy Mom's Day!
mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 08, 2022 6:36 am

Happy Mother's Day to All ❣️
Posting on my phone isn't cooperating today, lost the post.
We got to the Mothership aka Newmar Service Center yesterday at 6. I don't like traveling east and losing an hour. GPS said arrive at 5 when we left campground in IL, but then just into Indiana she says time zone change and suddenly ETA is 6. Makes ya feel like ya have more miles to drive. It's 1,260 miles to the TX house.

MaryQ, in the first year we had this new Coach we decided that bringing it back to the factory for service was worth the miles. They built it, they have the best knowledge to fix it. Besides, I like the area and how else am I gonna get to check out the quilt shops and Yoder's. :lol:

Time to clean. It always bothers me having the people in my house. I want it shiny so they can't say I'm a terrible house keeper, which I probably am.
Lyn
Last edited by WeeOne on Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 08, 2022 6:41 am

Good morning girlfriends. I pray each of you has a memory filled Mother's Day full of blessings.

This morning is Mother's Day breakfast. It's served buffet style and is a tradition for us. It will be fun. Afterwards we will likely hit the grocery store.

I've been wanting one of those mini irons. The Dritz brand sells for about $25-30 dollars and they have travel and they have a steam iron. Both take water and they are both 420 watts. There is also a no name one that looks the same. takes water and also has 420 watts. It is only $20. Do any of you have one that doesn't cost too much and works well?

Judi, just said a prayer for Sophia. When you give her her next hug add a squeeze or two from me. Hats off to Ken for taking on the estate of his friend. Sounds like he will be a busy trustee for a while.

Velda, happy Mother's day to you too. Any SON-day is a great thing. Son's really are the best, I'm happy yours is going to be there for Mother's Day. The best Mother's day gift ever is time with the kids.

Valerie, cooking up a roast will make the house smell good. We won't do much today either. I did google that machine and think it's a pretty good deal, but my friend will need to see if it's right for her. Jerry and I just had the conversation yesterday about the kids coming to get their stuff. Richard hasn't found the house he wants to buy yet and Marilyn lives in a very small home that has no space. Truth be told, we have way too much stuff that can be gone through without even touching on the hoard of stuff that belongs to the kids.

Becca, so glad you got to have your son all to yourself yesterday but so sorry DDIL couldn't come. Prayers for her and you, I need to google Tri Geminal Neuralgia, I hope it can be managed.

Katy, so glad you have all of that stuff behind you. Glad the health problems weren't with you. It will be nice to have those plants planted and those projects sewn. Hope, now that your internet and computer are all better, that you get to come back here more often.

Maryz, I had to stop here and go look at that string quilt. You know I love scrappy quilts. Yours is great. So glad the dancing is coming along. When is the video due? I'm sure your steps will be flawless, and the video loved. Your sister will love that quilt, it's a beauty of a pattern. I didn't buy your book but did buy a book recently. Where Mules Wear Diamonds by Bob Barrett. Dad loaned his copy and hasn't seen it since. It is out of print but there are about 10 or so copies in our local museum so I bought one and will have Bob sign it and it will be ready for Fathers Day. I will fill the bean bags with either rice or those poly pellets. I have lots of pellets and since going low carb have little rice. These are the same poly pellets I use for pin cushions, they will weigh down the bags nicely.

Lyn, enjoy your stay in Ind. You made 1260 miles quickly from my chair. Enjoy those quilt shops.

Other than breakfast there are no plans here. I want to find a mini iron but that is easy. I want to sew a bit, but other than that my day is free. I'll be home around noon or so if you want to come play in my room.

You all have a blessed and lovely day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 08, 2022 7:37 am

Good morning!

Happy Mother's Day! A day we can celebrate our mothers, grandmother's, aunts, and us! We do many wonderful things for so many!

Tonight we will have dinner at Matt's with all the family. Crenda is doing better with her ankle.

Yesterday we got the Windsor chair back together. It wasn't easy! This chair was Michael's grandfather's chair,, that he always sat in. It now sits on my large stair landing and I will drape a quilt on it. There's a name of the manufacturer of this chair, so I am going to see if I can find info on how old it is. Michael's grandparents were married in 1927, so that is nearing 100 years and Michael remembers as a little boy, his grandpa sitting in that chair and Michael is old! LOL!

I did get my project put together. Now I need to fix a small mistake, I turned a corner block the wrong way, 90 degrees out of phase, then I can sandwich it and quilt it. The changeable centers should go quick, I hope!

Church is a bit later,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun May 08, 2022 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Mother's Day to you all! Hope your day is filled with lots of love and hugs from your babies... human and fur!

Judi... Lots of prayers for Sophie today.. My heart just aches sometimes for our little girls. Sometimes my Evie just has a very bad no good day and I just want to hug her all day! Tell me it isn't so... your sewing room can't be as messy as mine! I washed a bunch of fabric and it is piled up on my ironing board.

Velda... Your son made it to your house on his bike okay? When my DB lived in Nebraska he'd bike all the way to MN and my Mom would be so scared the whole time he was on the road.

Valerie.... Unfortunately the gremlins from my old house followed me to my new one. As much fun as it is to have kids around on Mother's day... a nice quiet day at home ain't all bad either!

Becca.... So great when our boys stop by isn't it! Every time my oldest stops by though he brings me stuff of mine that was left at his house! I hope he's almost done bringing me junk! :lol:

Katy.. OMG there you are! I was guessing that you have been spending your days out in the garden! You have your tomato plants ready to go? Good to see you have been getting in a little sewing time too though!

Maryz.... First word out of my mouth when I saw your string quilt. OH MY GOSH! If Sue needs more 1.5" strips.. let her know I have a TON! I try to tame my scraps as I go and keep a special box of 1.5's thinking "Someday" I'll something with them. I'm afraid I'm going to run out of "somedays" . Did make good progress in the garage--got stuff sorted and priced for garage sale.

Lyn.... It's a given you have to check out every quilt shop! Do you have the "Needle Travel" app on your phone. You can search all sorts of different types of needle work shops all over the US on it! Worked great for me when I was in Montanna twice last summer!

Chriss... The gal that I was helping the other day, has one of the "Steamfast" Mini irons and she said she LOVES it. I just checked and they are only $20 on Amazon! I'm thinking of getting one for myself too! Would be easier to get into small places and have it right next to my machine for pressing as I go.

Jana... Good thing you caught your boo-boo BEFORE you had it all quilted! I missed it.. Crenda hurt her ankle? Not broken I hope! My poor Sis-in-law fell and broke both her wrists! OUCH

No real plan in place for today... it's raining so of course that means it's a good day to stay in and sew. Kevin and family are headed to Sara's folk's cabin on the lake, and will stop by on their way home. Not sure what Shawn is up too, but I imagine they will be by later. In the meantime I think I'll iron all the fabric I washed and then get the borders on the t-shirt quilt. I'm most anxious to get that done and hope that I can get it pinned and quilted this week. I'd like the gal to have it to give her daughter at graduation--which I think is first of June.

For now I need more coffee and a shower...........in that order

Wishing you ALL ... All of God's blessings today!

Return to “Sew ins”