Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday May 6th 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday May 6th 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 06, 2022 4:37 am

Good morning it is cloudy and dreary here,,, I have a cuppa coffee and a load of laundry started. We had a great time yesterday and the quilt show...the quilts were very cool...I found one I had to have of course and ordered the pattern...It is called Sherman's March and it will be done in CW fabric...It isnt a newer pattern so it took a bit to find it and patterns are not cheap anymore but this one will be a great bed quilt for me.
I also found a super lite batting at the quilt shop that will be perfect for my Stitchers Garden.I did get the first block appliqued and sashing put on...so I will move pretty quickly depending on how much time I can spend in the sewing room...
My DDIL called and invited me today for Mothers day lunch with the pregnant grand daughter,,,she has to work sunday so today is her day off....I feel so blessed that they included me. Val is my hero...She has MS walks with a walker and works full time for the big Ford Motor...she maintains the house and cooks healthy meals for the family. Sticks to a gluten free , low meat diet and works out every morning at 5. She is truely amazing,
Well I need to get moving here,,,hope your day is as blessed as mine, Ken's gramma used to say every day "Oh! How the Lord has blessed me"...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Friday May 6th 2022

Post by Becca » Fri May 06, 2022 5:17 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here maybe a drop of rain today
I had another very productive day yesterday Got my plants brought & planted in my flower boxes & some reporting And walked in Park which is very enjoyable and did some cleaning Today laundry is going & cake will be made Our DGS also face times with us every Friday on his day off He checks in with us And tomorrow our Son &new DDIL are coming for Bruch They always lots of goodies from my DGDs Bakery Her birthday is on Sunday too

Judi I know you had a great day to find a pattern & see lots of beautiful quilts Your DDIL is to be admired My niece has it too She works full time & raised a family I guess you do what you must to carry on

Everyone have a great day
Prayers for Shirley Mae Rod & all in need My DH isn’t doing as good as he has been either He could use prayers Thank you
Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 06, 2022 5:38 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Your day at S.V. sounds like just what the doctor ordered! And a new pattern. I love Civil War fabrics. Your quilt will be stunning! Enjoy lunch with your DDIL and DGD. People like her give me hope for the world!

CHRISS - you are busy, busy, busy! Hope you catch your tail one day and can rest! Oh, our Vicki has been evaluated in the past - more than once. But she refuses any and all kinds of help from moving to a facility to chasing the grocery delivery man away with her stick. She refuses medications, and even refuses to let her kids clean up her garbage. You simply cannot force help or medical care on anyone.

LORI - that is a beautiful quilt.

BECCA - Your home sounds like it's already a show place! Does your new DDIL have any kids of her own?

SHERRI - sorry you missed out on going to S.V. with Judi and her Gang.

MARY Q - there was some place sew-y that you didn't know about??? I congratulate you on your restraint!

VAL - have fun preparing for your trip. Are you flying or driving?

JANA - poor Crenda! If I know you, it's time for some delivered home-cooked meals! And books and hand-sewing. Give her a quilt to bind!

Yesterday it poured rain! How dismal, but days like this are sewing days! I've been collecting strips - 1" and up, for years. My strips were outgrowing my tote so I decided it's time to do something with them. Looks like I have enough for about 4 quilts and I have one top already 2/3 finished. So I sorted lengths during TV time last night. I will finish at least that one top, then set this all aside again and go back to my buck-eye beauty project. In the meantime, if anyone needs some strips, let me know! Happy to share. So happy . . . .

We have a family of boondockers here. Mom, Dad, and five young ones from about 4 to 12. They are from Isreal and a delightful family! The kids all speak Hebrew, Spanish, and English - without even an accent! Mom is an oncology nurse and Dad is a retired diplomat. They have lived in India and Mexico and now are touring the U.S. and Canada in a not-very-big RV before going home again. I sure wished we had nicer weather for them. We have a huge lawn in the back I'm sure the kids would have liked to run and play if it hadn't been so wet. And once again, our pets were the hit of the party with the kids! We are meeting some of the most interesting folks Boondocking.

Wishing everyone some good weather!

mary z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri May 06, 2022 6:24 am

Good morning. It is going to be a beautiful day today. The sun is starting to rise which makes a silverish lining over my mountain. This is my favorite time of the morning. The sun is getting started and makes a pretty sky. The birds are nosily getting their breakfast. The bunnies and squirrels are starting to move about. I love the view out my window.

Last night we manned a booth for Alzheimer's. I really was just another body in the booth and not much help. But I do want to learn more about the disease. I have been asked to make about 10 small bean bags to help them hold their pamphlets from flying off the table. A bit of wind came up and really caused us to get up from our chairs and gather not only literature but the Easy Up as well.

I have an argument going on in my head. There is a yard sale today and the lady has fabric as well as sewing and embroidery machines. I was told the machines were "high end" Not really sure what that means because I heard it second hand and don't know what this lady thinks high end is. And do I really need another machine, and what is the price on these machines. UGH. She also has other quilting things. Now you see my dilemma. It's hard to be me.

Judi, because you said it I googled it. I love the Sherman's March quilt pattern. it's going to be a great quilt. How cool to be included in the Mothers day lunch with DGD and DDIL. Val must also love being with you to have invited you. I bet she feels your love and admiration. Hope you get a three and a half generation picture.

Becca, you have just the right flow of family coming through your house. A slow steady trickle instead of a flood. Nice to be able to visit with each small group as they come by. Prayers said for CA.

Maryz, so glad the boondocking is working for you. Happy strip sewing. In December our quilt group has a kind of strip game they play. You bring 12 strips that are 2 1/2 inches and roll dice and one year I was the big winner. A hodge podge of strips and they made a great scrap quilt. I just did a jelly roll race, really quick and easy.

This morning after taking the boys to school I will be heading into town to go to some yard sales, it's an addiction. Then this evening is bingo at the senior center. Tomorrow is a city wide yard sale event. You get a map and hit all the houses in the town, I am told there are at least 60. I'm debating if I really want to go or not.

Also in the plans this weekend are sewing bean bags for Alzheimer's and brushing up on my Medicare stuff. I have my first client on the 18th. I'm nervous but will be fine.

Not much else going on here. You all have a marvelous day. Be joyful, smile often.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 06, 2022 6:38 am

Good morning!

Bright, sunny, beautiful and warm!

Got another Aaron story. He wasn't on the call, but this story is floating through PD. Seems as if a 12 year old boy was home during the day, upstairs in his bedroom. Mom was at work. The boy heard some people come in the house. So he looked to see who was there. No one he knew or recognized. He grabbed a baseball bat for protection and locked himself 8n his room and called mom. She checked the security cameras and saw the two people. Immediately the mom called PD. PD came, running code 3, lights, sirens and guns ready! PD entered the house and quickly handcuffed the two suspects. Well, you know nosey neighbors were outside watching the whole thing, when one went up to a officer and told him that the car in the driveway belongs to the company who comes and cleans his house. Yup, you guessed right, the two suspects were little old ladies, who work as housekeepers and went in and started cleaning the wrong house! They surely had the surprise of their lives! Lesson- keep your doors locked - period! You never know who will just walk in. Good guys or bad guys!

I finished the potholders and also the paper piecing part of my project. Now on to the piano key border strips. They are cut at various widths, sewn and then trimmed to fit. I will do more on that today.

Not much else here,
Sew fun stuff!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Friday! Another busy day ahead! Am going to go help a gal sort fabric... the one I was going to go to last week ... postponed until today! But it's a nice sunny day and it will be nice to get out! Think I'll open a couple windows while I'm gone and let some fresh air in!

Judi... I googled your quilt pattern! That will be so beautiful in CW fabrics! What colors? How fun to go to lunch with "the girls" Four generations together is always a pretty cool thing to me.

Becca... Will send some prayers along for your DH too. When I'm driving around, that's always good prayer time for me! So nice that your DGS checks in on you... thoughtful boy!

Maryz... Yes I was a good girl... only bought needles... but gosh a new sewing machine with more fancy stitches is so tempting! Not 15k worth though! Love hearing stories about your guests. You know how I feel about camping, let alone with 5 little kids. But it must be great fun to meet people from all over. When I had lunch with my Brother he was telling me about all the fun people they have met camping!

Chriss... You are an early rise too? Gosh, if I open my eyes and the sun is just coming up... all I think is oh I've got a little more time to sleep! :lol: Alzheimers is an interesting disease.. I remember doing CE's when I was working. Since a lot of the patients we worked with were dementia patients I liked to study it too. I will solve the dilemma for you.. . GO TO THE GARAGE SALE! Do you want an embroidery machine? I'll give you this one bit of advice... DO NOT get a Brother PE150.. you may see them for cheap, but it's because they are obsolete. You can't even download more graphics for them... no way to use them in the machine. Get one that uses a flash drive!

Jana... You seriously need to write a book with Aaron's stories!!!

My friend Peg came down yesterday for a quick cup of coffee, so while she was here I had her show me how to use my embroidery machine! Even tho I can't really get any more graphics I do have quite a few already... probably plenty really. So I played with that a little bit after she left, then set it aside while I finished the top of the t-shirt quilt... Knock on wood it came out PERFECT... same measurement all the way through side to side, top to bottom! So it' ready for borders. Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day so I will be outside planting some flowers in pots around my front patio and getting garage sale stuff ready in the garage. Sunday is expected to be rainy so that will be a good day for stitching. Oh Gosh It's Mother's Day too! I almost forgot!

so now my coffee is cold and I need to get in the shower!

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday (only 3 more Fridays for Cindyg!)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 06, 2022 8:02 am

Jana, I wonder if the owner could tell they were cleaning? I would have let them finish before I called the police.😂
Lori 8-)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 am

Good Trying to be Sunny Morning..........

Boy the computer just didn't want to work today. Would love a new one.

My Dr visit went really well(my surgeon), he ask all sorts of personal questions. So I asked him why....he wants to treat the whole person. Not sure about the colonoscopy, they said no taxi for the trip home.....asked the ladies at knitting but none are free. I'll have to put it off until I find someone.

Just got off the phone with DD2....I just love when she takes me shopping. We went to Cosco.

One night when I couldn't sleep I played around with YouTube. I saw a man 'Bob'sWorx'. He took 1000 4" circle put them in a plastic cylinder with a polymer then he cooked(?)it. He turned it on a machine in to the shape of an egg. Polished it up it was so beautiful. I wish I could get one for each and every one of you!

I must go & get some things done.

Love & Prayers.................Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 am

Maryq, sorting someone's fabric sounds fun. I love to see what other people have in their stash.
Kathy, that sounds interesting.

Chriss, I say go to the yard sale and take a look. You never know what you might find.

Maryz, thanks. It was a fun little project. They are requesting 16 x 16, so that was easy to make.

Becca, I bet your flower boxes are very pretty now.

Judi, that's a nice quilt. And it's quite big

I'll be setting up for a quilt show tomorrow. It's outside, so we can only do so much today. Tomorrow morning will be crazy getting everything in place before 1000.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”