Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 5th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday May 5th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 05, 2022 3:50 am

Good morning,,,I am watching the sun come up, its always a good thing,,,the sun rise. I am dressed and combed my hair...was up at 5. It seems when I have somewhere to go I always wake early We head to the Sauder Village Quilt show today....it is small but very nice. They usually have a couple of vendors but the main attraction is the quilts. Lack of vendors doesnt phase us there is a great quilt shop on the premises. They carry a lot of Kim Deihl Fabric and I love her fabric. What I am really looking for is a project,,,,,I get inspired by the quilts hanging on the walls...BUT I was cleaning and I found patterns for the "Skinnies" Jana makes...So maybe that will be my next project...or some new places mats for the table I also found the pattern for those that I like, or new pot holders for the kitchen....there is never a shortage of things to make is there? But right now I am on Block1 of the stitchers garden and I already found a stitch on my machine I didnt know I had...it is pretty cute.
Well I need coffee and get my stuff together,,it is a half hour drive to my sisters then a 1 1/2 hour drive to the show. we will either have breakfast out befor ethe show or lunch afterwards no one has made the decosion yet,,,hope your day s full of good surprises....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Thursday May 5th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 05, 2022 4:32 am

Good morning! Off you go, Judi. Fun day ahead for you! A group of ladies were going to pull weeds in flowers at the church this morning, but we are getting rained out, again!!!
Program was lively last night. Everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. Singing christian music and hymns together is always so nice. Some of the girls read their parts to portray their author so great! It really turned out nice.
Food was yummy, too. Baked potato bar. Lots of toppings for choices. Me, I just like butter and sour cream.
Going to work on a second Lotto block today.
You all have a great day.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu May 05, 2022 4:39 am

Good morning on this beautiful sunny day in Myrtle beach.

Gram- I also woke at 5 am but stayed in bed till 6. I hate nights like that. Later today, I'll be yawning away. I thought about my "to-do" list and decided on finishing a top for qov to be #1. I think the rest of the list can wait.

Tomorrow is a small presentation at the Vets cafe for 6 vets. I'll pick up Laura and we'll stay for lunch there. Her pain management doctor is no longer with Tidelands (no warning) the doctor that they are referring patients to -- get this-- will only be with Tidelands till the end of May. Laura asked what is she to do, told to call by Monday and they'll try to get her a doctor who can help her. She is already in pain and they want her
to wait??? GRRR!!!!!

Please say a Prayer for Laura and all in need.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu May 05, 2022 4:54 am

Good morning ladies

We finished our first year homeschooling WOO HOO lil man can read simple short vowel words has learned some right words too can add single digits writes much better and learned many Bible stories and songs
I got kindergarten curriculum already so we will start in September he will still do writing reading and fun stuff all summer. He starts cursive in kindergarten too ugh ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Iโ€™ve been stitching away on two commissioned hand quilts. Making throw quilt for my brothers in Germany their wives snd my nephew and great nieces. Also working on quilting DD Scooby quilt in long arm

Got goats milking again man Iโ€™ve missed that. Get gallon a day yummy gonna make yogurt this weekend

Need to catch up on all of ya been doing crazy busy wrapping up last month of work too

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayers ๐Ÿ™ happy stitches ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 05, 2022 4:57 am

Good morning everyone sunny here & supposed to be nice The birds have been outdoing them selves this year with ๐ŸŽถ
I got lots accomplished all my errands & leaf cleaning of ditches after a gulley washing rain storm we had I was a tired puppy
Today I hope to get my plants for my outside flowers & bake strawberry bread for neighbors
Our DS & his new bride come on Saturday so I want to get a Carmel cake made for them
Judi Have fun whatever you decide to eat it will bea great day I too love sunrises

Diane your QOV is a very Worthwhile project Thanks for your work I always enjoyed it when I helped

Velda the weeds will wait & grow more with rain So glad the service went well I too love Hymns & Christian music Enjoy your day

Izzy You are one busy lady teaching your Grand as well as school teacher farmer & quilter as well as all your other things you do

Have a great day everyone & May joys come your way. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 05, 2022 5:42 am

Morning
I got 4 blocks made yesterday, only 3 left to piece. Then after squaring up & sashing, it's piecing the border. First quilt about half way quilted, so I am moving along nicely.
Nothing else exciting here.
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu May 05, 2022 5:52 am

Good Sunny Morning..........

Just a short note, need to get ready for my 1 year surgery appointment. It's hard to believe it's been a year. After that I hope to make it to knitting, I've missed so many this last year. I think a nap after that might be in order.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

Maryz.....so happy to hear Autumn is getting married....happiness all around!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 05, 2022 6:00 am

Good mornning,

Our beautiful weather of yesterday is gone and a chilly rain has blown in. Sigh. I could have used another full yard day.

JUDI-have fun today! I hope you come home with your trunk piled high with treasures!

DIANE - Praying Laura finds even better medical help. She must feel abandoned by her doctors. You do such wonderful work. I'm curious - does a quilt have to be deemed "Officially" QOV or can anyone make and present one?

IZZY - You are always so busy! You do it all, Lady! I maintain that dedicated home schooling will give a child a better education and I think your little DGS is well on his way!

BECCA - I'm so glad the newly weds will be visiting you soon! I figured they would. Did they take a honeymoon?

VELDA - Happy to hear last night was such a success. Sorry your weed-fest got rained out. Mine, too, and I was really on a roll. But now we can head for our sewing rooms!

JANA - Did you get those pot holders made?

FLO - you are closing in on your heart quilt! Is it pretty much identical to the first one you made?

KATHY - Thank you for your good wishes for Autumn. Your 1-yr appt? Time does seem to have gone fast - for us, anyway. I hope you are truly feeling better. And I think it's a great idea to visit a good therapist. Sometimes life can get overwhelming and it really does help to talk things over with someone. God bless.

LOIS - how is your DWR coming along? I'm ready for more pictures!

SHARONA - Did you get a date for your surgery yet and I missed it?

MARY Q - What's the story at your house today? Is it spring yet?

CHRISS - We forget how short little kids' attention spans are. Today is Senior Center Sewing, isn't it? I hope they don't find out just what a young chick you are and kick you out! Try to act 'old', OK?

Yesterday was all about yard work here. I will never EVER let this part of the yard go untended for 2 yrs again. UGH! But one more day and I should have it finished. I've been mostly pruning salal, cutting back briars, and trimming huge sword ferns in a 30'x40' area in front of our shop, near where our Boondockers park. Once I get this area finished, the rest of the yard will be a snap (she said - :lol: :lol: :lol: ). But today will be cool and wet, so I'm staying inside and will catch up on uglies. Vicki was doing her thing in the middle of the road yesterday for about an hour. Waving her stick and yelling at drivers. Traffic was slowed and occasionally stopped. Bill and several Good Samaritans got involved and it finally took cops to get her off the road and back down her driveway. A school bus driver yelled that this happens every single day. We can't see the road from our house but we can hear traffic slowing, horns honking, people yelling. Bill was taking trash out when he saw her and that's how he got involved.

Bill is having two crowns replaced this morning - 3 hr appt - and when he gets home I have massage appt. And I'll be putting some chicken rice soup into the crockpot. I don't think he'll want much else.

I hope your day is full of stitches - the right kind of stitches!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 05, 2022 6:28 am

Good morning!

The sun is up! I am not. We have beautiful blue sky with lenticular clouds over my snow capped mountain peaks. Lenticular clouds are also known as cap clouds. They sit right on the mountain peak and are long in shape, looking a bit like a whale and very smooth. We had never seen clouds like these until we moved here.

Today I will sew - to accomplish that I will not talk to Sarah! She has too many squirrels and those squirrels always get mine in trouble! LOL! Any bets on how long that will last ?

It has been a time at Matt's house. Both his vehicles are in the repair shop at the same time and Crenda missed a step on her front porch, and fell, spraining her ankle badly. Insta Care x-rayed it, and it's not broken. Quite swollen. Good thing Matt works from home, so he can take care of her. Never a dull moment!

Sew something, the world needs happy quilters!

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 05, 2022 7:05 am

Good morning everyone. 53 and a bit cloudy, getting to 72 and breezy.

Busy day yesterday. Not sure what is happening with day shift staff but worked over 3.5 hours to see 4 patients for them. 2 more to finish the charting on this AM. I see my one day shift patient for my other job also today. For those of you old enough to remember Jerry Garcia, I went to his neck of the woods last night. He died in Lagunitas/Forest Knolls which is above Marin county.

Need to work a bit in the garden today. Weeds are growing back. I saw some peas developing yesterday. Will pick the rest of the radishes today. Wait a few weeks I think and plant some more. Strawberries are starting to come in also.

Haven't accomplished any sewing since Tuesday so maybe I can fit in a few stitches today.

No real change in Dad's situation. Slow month for Dr appts but he has his skin cancer removed on the 16th. Starting to think about packing for Vegas. I may go get a few tops. It's getting hot there already and want to make sure I have changes in case I need them. In addition to the fight, we will attend a 100th birthday party. The gentleman who did my sisters Eulogy, his mother is turning 100. That will be nice to see them again.

Well caregiver due anytime. In fact she is a bit late. Hope she is coming.

Have a great day
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to โ€œSew insโ€