Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 5th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday May 5th

Post by maryq » Thu May 05, 2022 7:39 am

Good Morning All

Happy Thursday! I'm the caboose here this morning.. for some reason I just couldn't drag myself out of bed... but I'm up dressed and have sheets in the wash ---and of course have my coffee!
Not sure what I'm going to do the rest of the day... but it will probably involve some sewing.

Missed y'all yesterday as my friend Peg took me down to a new Sewing Center I didn't know about. They sell Janome and Brother machines. But I was a good girl, I came home with only a package of needles for my little embroidery machine. Though a new Janome machine was sure tempting. I looked at one Janome, can't remember which one, but it priced out at $15,000.! Definitely not in this girls budget... but oh so cool! We went over the HL, and well, that was a different story! Picked up few little baskets and a pot for flowers for my little patio. Only bought 1 yard of fabric... because how do you go to HL and NOT buy fabric!

Peg just messaged me.. she's on her way to come visit for a minute... so I better go drag comb through my teeth and brush hair! :lol: :lol: I'm swing in after a while and chat some more!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu May 05, 2022 9:34 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in to say that I am still alive though I haven't been on here for a while. Hope everyone has a good day. Couldn't go to the Sauder Quilt Show today with Judi because getting ready for my son and dog from Elkhart here for the weekend. On Saturday he is taking me and my other son's family out to PF Chang's for mother's day dinner. It will be so nice to have all of my family together. It has been quite a while.

Judi - Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Quilt Show. I am so sorry I couldn't go. Will try again next year. I love Sauder Village and I am a member so I go several times a year to visit. I do love their quilt shop and that is usually where I get all my material. It is a bit more expensive but the quality is so worth it.

Have a good an safe day everyone. Supposed to get another rain storm tonight and tomorrow. Glad I mowed last week.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 05, 2022 10:05 am

I don't know if there is any interest, but this is to benefit Ukraine.
https://www.internationalquiltmuseum.or ... er-ukraine

I made one that I'll be sending off next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 05, 2022 10:51 am

Last night there was a news story on KSL - TV here about a group collecting and taking quilts to Ukrainian refugees. They have received quilts and already delivered many. There is another batch ready to go today. It's a family that lives in Lehi, near me - called Wrapping Ukraine in Quilts. They are planning the next trip in the summer, taking quilts again.

If you are interested, you could look up the news story on the KSL website, which gives the name of this private group here. Then you could make and send to them for that cause in helping. Just passing on this info -

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 05, 2022 11:52 am

Good barely morning. My goodness this morning got away from me. It's already almost 80* outside.

Yesterday was dinner with the parents. We brought a pizza and strawberry shortcake for dessert. On the way home we stopped and got more strawberries, tomatoes, cherries and avocados. The fruit stand has avocados that have litle pits, the size of an almond and the avocado is the size of a tennis ball. Perfect for one salad or one sandwich.

Took the boys to school, attended a zoom meeting and went over my calendar. Soon I will shower and hit a yard sale then pick a friend up to help in the Alzheimer's booth at a Cinco de mayo event.

I feel kind of bad. I was available to help with getting the boys to and from school for quite a while and now that businesses are opening up and life is flowing, I don't have as much time. And the mom is pregnant. I told her I wouldn't be as available next school year as I am this year.

I haven't checked it out yet but there is a website that helps with paying for medication, both over the counter and prescription. https://www.needymeds.org/ I learned about it during one of my zoom meetings the other day.

Judi, enjoy your day in Sauder village. what a fun time. hope you find some treasures.

Velda, glad the program went well. I put everything on my baked potato. Actually, I could easily eat all the toppings and skip the potato and be completely happy.

Diane, enjoy your vets cafe day. Prayers for Laura, hope a doctor is found soon.

Izzy, I just may need that yogurt recipe, especially if it's no sugar. I would love to make my own. yay for so much learning fur such a cutie pie kidlet.

Becca, strawberry bread and caramel cake, I bet your kitchen smells heavenly.

Flo, nice to have that project half done and ready for the quilter.

Kathy, a whole year. wow, how time flies. hope your appointment goes well.

Maryz, too bad Vicky can't be evaluated and helped. So much mental illness out there and even if there was more help the adults with the illness have to seek that help. It's really quite sad. Didn't go to senior sewing today, too much to do and my schedule had conflicts. Next week I may give it a shot.

Jana, I bet waking up to snow capped mountains is a smile maker for sure. what a beautiful way to start your day. Hope Crenda's ankle heals quickly.

Valerie, you will be kept busy in Vegas. Have cake for me at the birthday party. I haven't sewn in a while either. Next Saturday is our quilt club meeting where we will be learning to make something, not quite sure what yet, hopefully a supply list will be sent to us soon. glad your garden is doing well.

Maryq, amazing isn't it what you can pay for a sewing machine. I thought paying $700 for my machine was a lot of money. Not sure I could shell out a thousand or more, but don't quote me on that.

Sherry, good to know you are still alive. Enjoy your visit with your son this weekend.

Lori, Love the sunflower, it's perfect, thanks for the link.

I do believe I will go get me some yogurt with strawberries and granola, you all have an amazing day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”