Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, May 4th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, May 4th

Post by suzette58 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:47 am

Good morning everyone.
Not much going on here. Later I am going to work on a dinosaur quilt for one of our great nephews. His brother is going to get a superhero quilt. It is nice to have little kids to make a quilt for. I want to make a Lori Holt quilt for a longtime friend of mine. I babysat her boys when I was in high school. She also helped me with getting my son into the special Ed program. He needed just a little help and then he did so well. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going for my second cup of coffee.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday, May 4th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 04, 2022 3:54 am

Good morning Suzette I was up at 530 but couldnt motivate,, but it is getting light here and I need to get something done...more windows...maybe the kitchen maybe my sewing room...
I do have to get groceries and at least trry to get some yard work done.
Tomorrow is the quilt show, Sherry sorry you cant make it we will miss you. Actually 2 gals cant make it this year... but I and my sister will for sure. and another quilty friend.
Well i need coffee and get my self to the store early and get chores done...Have a wonderful day, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed May 04, 2022 4:44 am

Today is going to be a sunny and warm day. Summer is coming, get ready for the heat.
Will be going to the other Dianes to start cutting fabric for kits. It takes a few hours after deciding on what fabrics and pattern to cut for.
The Vets cafe is set for 3 Fridays a month. I'm helping for this month. Should be a lot of fun.

I hope things are well in your part of the world. Coffee calling me but will try to check back later.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 04, 2022 5:11 am

Hope everyone has a great day!!

On the road again for us. Last minute stuff into Coach, like pills, some frig and dog food. Hook the Jeep on behind and gett'r down the road.

Hugs some fabric for me.
Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 04, 2022 5:15 am

Happy "Hump Day" .
Good morning, Suzette, Judi, Diane, and everyone.
Suzette: Sounds like cute quilts for the nephews. What size do you do for kids?
Judi: Enjoy the show. I look forward to your report of all you find. :)
Diane: More kits? Boy, you ladies sure have a great mission in all you do for those vets. Enjoy the fellowship with your friends as you make up the kits.
Safe travels, Lyn. Wave at me, as you pass through Illinois. πŸ‘‹
Today is our program. I have a busy day ahead for preparations, etc. Also, I am baking an angel food cake for our own delight. I bought some fresh strawberries to serve with it.
I will freeze a few slices because a whole cake is way too much for just the two of us. πŸ˜‰
Well better get going. Time for shower and breakfast and get my day started.
Have a great day!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed May 04, 2022 5:49 am

Morning
Vel I may need your angel food cake recipe.
Maryq, Lisa unfortunately won't sit and help me sew, but she loves to help me bake. Mostly she lives to lick the beater and the bowl.
Today I may sew. Only 7 blocks left for second quilt, then I can square them up and sash them.
Rough night last night. Rolled over onto right side where incision is....still not ready to sleep on right side.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 04, 2022 6:32 am

Good morning

FLO - sorry your side is sore. How long is your incision? Could you pad it at night with a bit of gauze? It's nice that Lisa likes to cook with you.

JUDI - your girls' day out will soon be here! I'll be meeting you in the yard later today. I got quite a bit of work done yesterday. I was going to surprise you and do a window. But for some reason that didn't happen. Maybe today - but probably not. :lol:

SUZETTE - Which dinosaur quilt are you going to do. Elizabeth Hartman has a cute one, but I see others, appliqued, too. Also, which Lori Holt? I do love her patterns.

DIANE - enjoy your cutting day!

CHRISS - when I go shopping - thrift, garage sale, fabric, clothes - I prefer to go by myself. Bill's an anchor. I will take my sisters because we are all the same and in a thrift shop we each other's enablers. :lol: Bill is good at the grocery store, though. He is my pack mule. I wonder what Moose would think of a robot vacuum . .

SHARONA - I hope the mammo is nice and clear. I guess I have to call for my own appt. Usually they call me but so far they haven't. I go annually, but because of insurances says it HAS to be at least one year, Covid, our travels, etc, my appt time keeps traveling around the calendar. Last one was end of May, I think. You're going to Hays, KS? Isn't that where LYN goes to visit her DD? The weather has been rather attention-getting in that part of the country. Check your long range forecast before you go!

MARYQ - thanks for comments on Aut's quilt. I did show a better quilt picture last summer (fall?) when I finished it. You could see it better then. Kids weren't engaged then but a mother knows. and a smart mother who knows, prepares. :D Glad your stripper guy got everything stripped! Now what? Can you sweet talk Kris into helping you paint? We usually paint together - one rolls, the other does the cutting work. She could do high and you could go low. :lol: White?

CINDY - Is your replacement catching on OK?

LYN-Safe travels today! Where is your first stop? What route are you taking?

Yesterday I cleaned my sewing room and moved a few things around. Tried moving my sewing table, but it didn't work so I moved it back. But I did swap locations of my pattern binders with my 30's fabrics. Then I went outside and worked for about 3 hours. Today will be mostly yard work as it's our one and only really nice day this week. The rains are coming back tomorrow.

Since no one will be at Autumn & Antonio's wedding. ("Autonio"), they have asked, on their wedding website, for anyone who wants to to write a toast, a speech, a poem, sing a song, etc. and send it to them. And they will watch, read, listen to them all at their picnic "reception". Well, we decided that, since we are dancers, we will record ourselves doing a showy waltz, complete with fancy turns and twists, etc. Outside in our yard (rhodedendrons in full bloom in background), with a big sign in back of us on the garage door saying we love "Autonio". To the song, "Could I have this Dance for the Rest of my Life" by Anne Murray. So, just to see how rusty we are, we danced it through out in the driveway in our dirty gardening clothes yesterday. Hahahahahahaha!!! We need VELDA there to coach us! Talk about rusty! Instead of Velda we had Scotty, play growling and snarling and grabbing at shoes and pant legs the whole time. The driveway is sloped a bit, the dog was crazy, and we were so bad! But practice will make us, if not purrfect, passable. And the kids will get a laugh, I'm sure so maybe we should just go with a comedy routine. So a few more days of practice, some nice clothes, and a friend to video us, and that will be our contribution to the kids' wedding.

Wishing everyone sunshine and full bobbins!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 04, 2022 7:01 am

Good morning!

May the fourth be with you! It's Star Wars day and we are all fans and geeks!

Not much here. Still hanging pictures. Using those command strips takes time. We want the adhesive to be well cured in each step. So we do a few and wait. We have some ready for this morning. This has turned into a Michael project. I have learned, many, many moons ago, that hanging pictures with a engineer is a adventure of all It's own!

Today I need to make a couple of pot holders as a thank to my friend. She is doing a solo for me in church this Sunday, as part of the Mother's day program. That won't take long. I have all the pieces parts in a project box, ready for just such a occasion.

Still gloomy and gray outside. More rain and snow, but then we will clear up and get warm for a day or too.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 04, 2022 7:17 am

Maryz: oh, that sounds Purrfect for you to send to their web page! What fun with Scotty helping too. LOL. πŸ’•
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 04, 2022 7:43 am

Jana, pot holders are great gifts. I just bought a book of patterns for pot holders. I need to o make some too.

Suzette, your friend sounds like a wonderful person. Which quilt are you going to make?
Lori 8-)

Return to β€œSew ins”