Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, May 4th

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Wednesday, May 4th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 04, 2022 7:48 am

Good Chilly Damp & Rainy Day.................

Everything is starting to bloom, tiny leaves on the trees. I'm still trying to work myself out of this slump. I've started to catch up on all my Dr appointments. I'm still torn up about the things my sister said. Haven't heard from her. I'm going to call a therapist to talk this out with.
My DGS fell skate boarding & broke his arm, just a little. Has a lovely black cast. OH boys!
I'm off to clean the kitchen, it's a little behind.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 04, 2022 7:58 am

Good morning. It's such a beautiful sunny day today. We should see 80* according to the weatherman. Sunday we are supposed to see rain. I have my doubts. Isn't it amazing that we are supposed to be 80 degrees and in a span of 4 days see 55 degrees and rain? May is such a confused month.

Suzette hey there, it's good to see you. Which dino and super hero patterns are you using? And, since I'm being nosy, which Lori Hold pattern are you doing. She has some great quilts.

Judi, one of many times I wish I was there. I'd love to go to the quilt show with you, We'd laugh in between ooohhhing and aawwwwing.

Diane, happy cutting day. I think it's wonderful that you can honor so many. so important to show your appreciation.

Lyn, how far is the factory from where you are. Hope it's a short and uneventful trip.

Velda, I visited your sewing room yesterday. It's a great space to play. Looks so much roomier than mine that has no wall space and is a bit cluttered. Hope your program at church goes well. Are you singing?

Flo, my granddaughter also lived to lick the beaters and bowl. Yours will be overjoyed when she sees that George quilt.

Maryz, what a fun idea to post a dancing video. As long as Vicky stays in her house it should be a beautiful addition to their well wishes. I pray they have a great life together and make lots of happy memories. I also straightened up my sewing room yesterday. It is now ready for me to play in. So glad you wished my bobbin to be full, perfect timing because I am going to sew something today. Funny, I was telling Jerry about the robot vac's here and he also asked what Moose would think of them. Moose growls as soon as he hears the closet door open where the vac is stored. I asked Suzette the same questions you did, I don't think she's talking?

Jana, I wondered who was going to say may the 4th be with you first. Now I see why so many star wars things are popping up. duh. I have a couple of quilt blocks taht I want to make into pot holders too. One day. happy picture hanging.

Valerie, hope your patient visits go well. Love your quilt. I found an open sew kind of a thing. A group meets at our senior center every Thursday and my plan is to be there tomorrow. I know some of the ladies who attend and am excited to join. And as an added bonus they serve lunch there during the week. Tomorrow will be chili relleno casserole with beef. Tempting.

Kathy, I am sorry your sister and you haven't connected. Send her a mothers day card and see if she responds. I recently sent my mom a generic birthday card, nothing mushy, she hasn't responded yet but I will send her another one next year. A therapist would be a good place to talk out everything you've gone through lately. happy kitchen cleaning.

Lori, I might have a pot holder kind of a pattern, good thinking. I always thought that a mug rug quilt would be cool. lots of mug rugs sewing in rows. Dummy me, I finally figured out that that Alex Anderson red and white quilt was a free tutorial. Watched some of it yesterday and learned how to put it together, game changer.

I'm thinking dinner with the parents should happen tonight. Maybe pizza? I will make a tuna salad for myself. I like leaving some of the tuna salad in dad's fridge so he can have a sandwich later.

I have a zoom meeting at 11am and then can be a sewing fool. I want something to take to senior sew in tomorrow.

time to start my day, you girls have a fun day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 04, 2022 9:18 am

Chriss, I'll have to check out that video.
Lori 8-)

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed May 04, 2022 9:57 am

Hi Everyone, I am so tired but thank you to everyone who is praying for Rod. I posted an update over in the other post. Didn't want to clutter up the daily one with all that stuff. He is really sore today and hurting. But we all know how well men tolerate pain. He was in there about 2 hrs, long time for colonoscopy, and they cut out 12 polypts, etc so go read the update if you want to know.

Wish I had time to reply to each of you but not even time to read much today. Prayers for all in the paths of the fires or the storms criss crossing the country recently and now too. And prayers for our country and all the leaders. And always prayers each day for all of you, that God is watching over you too and bring healing wherever you need it, comfort in knowing angels are watching over us no matter what happens around us.

TAke care. Will try to update again on Rod when we get the biopsies back and know future med plans.

Hugs and love across the miles, Shirley Mae (and Rod and the kittycats too)

ps I have a stamp for cardmaking that says "Friends are a HUG from God." I know that feeling. Thank you!

Return to “Sew ins”