Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday May 3

Daily discussions.
Becca

Tuesday May 3

Post by Becca » Tue May 03, 2022 4:31 am

Good morning everyone sunny this morning Will be beautiful We were 87 yesterday I couldn’t believe it

Laundry is going We had a great day yesterday So much food & she brought a pot filled with different kinds of flowers so pretty I hope it does good for me She is a true gardener Starts lots of things from cuttings like my Mom used to do
Maryq She lives 31/2 hrs away They went home last night because they both have lots of commitments even though they both retired He was a Pastor for 35 years & you still have much to do

Shirley Mae I hope things are settling down for you & Rod & today looks brighter for you Prayers for you

Cindyg It’s getting closer We are all excited for you
Have a great day everyone. Becca

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday May 3

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 03, 2022 4:39 am

Good morning It is cloudy and dreary with a good chance it will rain all day...I have no plans to go anywhere,,,I did grass seed yesterday and hope the rain helps it to grow....We had a few bare spots in the back behind the house,,,i bought a seed mulch mix and it will fill in I hope.
Today I have 3 windows to do They are in the covered porch so they will be ok in the rain,,,My neighbors make fun of me washing the 3 front windows in the rain...She will call me as soon as I finish them to razz. then After that is done I will start cutting the squares for the new quilt. Each month starts with a 14 inch square,,,they are quilted and appliqued then cut to their quilt size..i am using pastels from my stash, both cuts and scraps...
Hope you all have a wonderful day......Chrissy1 was good to see you...come often....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:46 am

Good morning! Just a quick "hello". Busy day, quilting and set up for dinner and program Wednesday night. Cute decorations planned. Theme is Hymns written by women. " Hymns by Her". We had a run-through last night. Going to be a touching program. So, decorations all in black n white. Using old sheet music and music 🎶🎵 notes cut out, etc. On tables. I will take a picture.
Just got baking cups cakes added to my busy week. Ladies of the church are serving funeral dinner on Saturday. Needed a few people to bring desserts. Had vegi and salads covered already.
Shirley Mae, prayers to get through the prep. Always harder on a diabetic. More prayers for good results.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 03, 2022 4:53 am

Good morning!

It's May, right? Well, you couldn't tell by me here! It's snowing outside right now! Yesterday we were out and about and it was 71. So, c'mon Mother Nature, winter ended some weeks ago! I like that it's water, but rain works too.

We had a very good scavenger traipse and I found my two old dirty windows. And they are staying that way! These will not get washed, they are just right! LOL! Now I need a couple of floating shelves from IKEA . They are in stock, so will run down there and get a pair.

Today I plan to sew in the Batt Cave. Yoohoodi can come out and do his thing, vacuuming. We also need to change the batteries in the front door lock. That's our busy, tee hee, life around here.

Sandee and Scott had to say goodbye to there last little dog yesterday. Sugar, was a teacup poodle and was quite old, about 16 years, I think. Ethan played with her all the time. Scott is already looking for a new pair of puppies. Sugar was the last of the three they had.

Sew fun stuff!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue May 03, 2022 5:31 am

Morning
Yesterday DDIL ,DGD & I went on a girl's day. Went to garden center for tomatoes, then donut shop for a treat. As we were leaving I remembered there was a Fabric Outlet nearby so I tried to navigate....Big mistake. I took us 15 miles out of our way when it was kitty cornered across street from donut shop. Then as we were walking through, DGD, who is non verbal autistic, pulled fabric off shelf and said George! She proceeded to unroll it like a pro, and said George louder....it was a Curious George panel. After giggling, she rolled it back in and handed it to mommy....
Yes a panel was purchased for her. Think she's hanging out with Gramma too much?
Joe home maybe for a week! Yay!
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 03, 2022 5:43 am

Have decided to leave on Wednesday. That still gives us an extra day before we have to be at the service center.

Hope to get a few things done here after Coach is packed.
Lyn

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 03, 2022 5:59 am

Hi y'all. No time to read or post. I'm training my replacement so the computer is not my own. Have a great day.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 03, 2022 6:02 am

Good morning

Becca, you always have a wonderful day when Denise comes to town. It’s too bad she doesn’t live closer. My brother-in-law is also a retired minister in North Carolina. I believe he still does a lot for his parish.

Judy, It’s nice of you to entertain your neighbors that way! I hope your grass grows. Ours is thick and lush and green but when you get up close, you see most of the green is moss and dandelions. Lol. I always want to weed and feed but Bill won’t do that because then the grass grows better and he has to mow more often. Fun to start in on a new project! I can’t wait until the new book I ordered from Quilt in a day arrives. I’m pretty sure I will be doing one of them from that book.

Velda, it’s good to see how involved you are with all the activities at the church. That is what’s keeping you young – that and your dancing!

Jana, that was fast! Glad you found your two old dirty windows. I love that you are keeping them “original”. I can’t wait to see a photo of this project when you are finished. Sorry about Sandy and Scott’s a little dog. We had a good friend, Danny, who passed away about the same time as my brother in Summer of 2020, and he also a little white teacup poodle named sugar. We would have taken sugar but she went to a better home with other friends that she knew better.

Cindy, you are busy, I know, starting your training of your replacement. When you get time drop us a line and let us know how it’s going. We are all so excited for you

SHARONA, so sorry to hear your DH lost his cousin. Parkinson’s is a vicious disease.

Chris, who will have more fun with those Mother’s Day projects - The boys or you? Sorry about the allergies and the side effects of the medicine. Hoping you get to go sailing this weekend. Will you take Jerry with you?

Mary Q - yes, Seattle has a pro hockey team - the Seattle Kraken. They already have one season behind them. Bring on the wagers! I’ve already helped Judy clear out some of her stash and I’d like to help you with yours too! 🤣. Did your stripper show up yesterday? Is that job all done?

Val, did you get your quilt finished and ready for the LA? Was your brother-in-law a boxer or does he just love love love boxing?

Lyn, thanks, our friends are on a trip but when they get home I will share how you cook ribs. I don’t know how he does it even though we had them at his house a few weeks ago

I don’t even remember what I did yesterday. I Think I cleaned one bathroom, washed Two loads of laundry, and made one 16” quilt block. And I have no plans for today. If the weather is dry I might work outside after doing some cleaning in my sewing room. I have some fabrics that need refolding. I have been saving strips for a long time so I might pull them out and work on my ongoing strip piecing project. I am waiting on Fabric, and patterns to arrive before starting my next two planned quilts

I’ve dictated this on my phone but lots of errors. Now I will post and try to correct with my computer if the keyboard will Play nice. It needs replacing and I should send it back to the company. But last time this happened I didn’t get it back for more than two months and you can never talk to anybody that speaks English even though it only went to Houston for repair.

Hope your day is a good one!

Mary z

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 03, 2022 6:09 am

A second try with the computer :

FLO - that is amazing that your DGD spoke! Was that the first time? I would be making her all the "George" things I could! lol! Any word where her aide was the other day?

CINDY - there you are! I guessed it! How is the training going?

LYN - We always like to build in an extra day or two for long trips, too. Safe travels and enjoy the trip.

My DWR quilt arrived in Texas yesterday afternoon and received the official Stamp of Approval. I posted a picture if you'd like to see. >^+^<

MZ

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 03, 2022 8:21 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday to you all! The sun is trying so hard to shine here this morning.. I hope it succeeds because I could really use a nice sunny warm day. Here it is the 3rd of May and I don't think we've hit 70* once this year.

Becca... That's a long drive for Denise and Mark to make in one day! But I sure understand about being busy-even retired! Yikes 87*!!! I'd like it to be a little warmer, but not quite that HOT!
I'd love to just be able to turn off the HEAT in the house!

Judi... When you mention doing windows I just wanna come and help! Call me crazy!

Velda... Now that you mention cup cakes... I'm getting kind of hungry for cake... Every once in a while I just get a craving... which is why I never buy cake mix... because if I had it, baked it and frosted it... I'd eat the whole thing!

Jana... You are going to keep the windows dirty? That leaves me out of job! :lol: :lol: Viv used to super super glue old cups and saucers to the glass of the window and it made cute yard decorations. Where they live they are really into yard art!

Flo.... How fun for Lisa to see fabric she recognized! Won't it be fun to make something special for her! Would she sit with you and watch and kind of learn to sew?

Lyn.... Wishing you a safe journey to the RV place.. hope they can fix you up and send you safely on the way to your next destination.. Estes?

Cindy.. Yeah they hired the replacement! What are they going to do without you after all these years.

Maryz... Yup, stripper showed up. Got the border all off... we were thinking they must have used super glue to put it up because it was a you-know-what to get off! A & A's quilt is gorgeous! I have some beautiful batik fabric I'm itching to get all with black background! Gosh, only 2 weeks away... time is going by so fast! Love the Woodland whimsy so much I had to buy the pattern! I know I've got a Christmas jelly roll here that will work perfectly---not that I need another Christmas quilt!

Have to make a quick dash to the bank this morning.. the guy that did the wallpaper needed cash and of course I had none, so my neighbor lent me cash and I have to go pay her back STAT. Then I'll come back and see what trouble I can get into. I have the squares laid out and sashing found for the t-shirt quilt so I might play with that for a little while... trying to make sure I take my time and do everything right! I get anxious about things and tend to hurry so.... I'm going to go slow! I sent a picture of what I had so far to the Mom I'm making the quilt for and she liked so far! I don't think she's super fussy!

Guess I better warm up my coffee and make a mad dash to the bank. Balanced the checkbook this morning and discovered I forgot to subtract a $75. check ! UGH!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday!

Return to “Sew ins”