Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday May 3

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Tuesday May 3

Post by womster » Tue May 03, 2022 8:51 am

Good morning!

Becca – wow you were sure warm yesterday. We had snow! I’m glad the visit was so wonderful.

Judi – we’ve had good luck with that seed/mulch mix. Your new quilt sounds interesting.

Vel – I know you will enjoy setting up for the program tomorrow. Can’t wait to see pictures.

Jana – sorry for the loss of Sugar. I think every child needs a puppy.

Flo – your girls’ day out sounds just perfect. How lovely that your DGD was so excited about George.

Lyn – good luck with all the preparations.

Maryz – love the name of your hockey team. That’s what I named my newest robot vacuum, just so I could tell Alexa to release the Kraken. I am so easily entertained. Computers can be such a pain, and I remember how much fun you had with yours last time you sent it off. When Samson was a kitty, he sat on my keyboard and the ‘O’ key got stuck. Now it doesn’t even have a cover and I have to be extra-careful with words that have an ‘O’ in them. I will go check out the pics.

Maryq – I guess most strippers work for cash… ;) I feel your pain on the banking woes. I forgot to move money to cover my sewing machine until the day of. I was sweating bullets.

I’m headed outside to sew once I’m done posting and make ressies in Hays, KS. I have my mammocram today so we will do Costco tomorrow. Nothing else much here that is exciting. Have a glorious day!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue May 03, 2022 11:17 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today.

I have gone through my emails and updated my calendar and after chatting with you girls I will clean my room and make myself a block or two. My sewing room seems to be a catchall and if I want to play, I need to straighten it up.

I bought myself a new iron. I've never heard of the brand Beautural, but it was $35 on Amazon and is 1800 watts vs the 1500 watt iron I am now using. I'm hoping it gets hotter so it will iron better.

Yesterday's plan to do a project with the boys for Mothers Day didn't go as planned. They glued jewels on little boxes with lids made of cardboard. I also wanted them to make a necklace for their moms. It was too busy of a day for them. I didn't anticipate their short attention span. So we will give a jewlery box and no necklace. LOL. I'm trying to teach them that Mom's are so special that they should not have to do anything on Mothers Day. Our fathers day project will involve glue and popsicle sticks.

Becca, So glad you had a good visit with your DD. Nice of her to bring you an arrangement of flowers. Sure wish I had a green thumb but it's just not going to happen.

Judi, nice to have no place to go. I'm slowly getting my windows done. Very slowly. I do have windows that need to be adjusted or tweaked by a window person, some just don't open as easily as they did 35 years ago when they were new. Enjoy your new quilt adventure.

Velda, will you be singing in Hymns by Her? I am a shower singer and so not a public singer and for good reason. Cupcakes will be a great addition to your supper. If I were there I would attend.

Jana, SNOW??? what's up with that? I'm curious, what are you going to do with your dirty windows? I would love to see a picture when you are done. I laugh every time you say Yoodoohi is running around. Jerry, in no way, will have anything robotic here. He just knows that they are full of artificial intelligence and are going to take over the world. Not sure how a rechargeable vacuum is going to accomplish that but we all have our quirks.

Flo, how completely exciting. Love that DGD found her George fabric. Have you started her quilt yet? I bet it was a thrill, since she is non verbal, to hear her say George. So thankful you found that quilt shop.

Lyn, have a nice quiet trip tomorrow, hope everything needing fixed is quick and easy to fix and you are on your way home sooner rather than later.

Cindy, woo hoo, replacement training. you go girl, get her all trained and ready to go so you can go.

Maryz, do you have a local computer repair place near you that can look at your computer? Perhaps it's an easy fix? Not sure who I will go sale-ing with on Saturday. If my friend can go I will go with her. Otherwise Jerry said he would go with me. I really would prefer not to shop with Jerry, he poops out early. Would be great to even go by myself. I have money in my purse and a full tank of gas so I am ready to travel. what book did you order from QIAD? I'm with you, I would also make all the George things I could find for Flo's DGD. so exciting.

Maryq, so glad your stripper got it all off. So nice to have it almost ready to paint. When you went to the bank to give him cash did you have to get it all in singles? Our grocery store sells cake in about 4 or 5 inch. A little pricy but if you want more than a cupcake and less than a cake they are good. Make mine carrot please.

Sharona, hope the mamo shows nothing. Happy sewing. I will get started on sewing something soon. Condolences for the cousin who passed.

Lori, my allergy meds didn't really help either. But, last night I used nose spray and today I can breathe. Hopeing that soon both of our snot lockers (dad used to call it that) are clear.

While I have been typing I have been listening to zoom meeting on, what else, Medicare and aging. They just said that our kids, really probably our grandkids as the people speaking are our kids age, will live to be a median age of 100.

I also learned, and maybe I have said this before, that our senior center has a sewing group that meets on Thursday mornings. I need to figure a project to take with me. But first, I have to clean my room while I listen.

Ok, nothing will happen if I don't get started. You all have a super afternoon.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue May 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Good evening. Was called for a late visit this morning so then mad rush to get morning chores done before heading out to Free Sew.

Finished my Pacific Grove quilt and left it for the long armor. Posted a picture.

Lots to do the rest of the week. Paperwork and getting Dad med refills. Also going to take his new night shirts for hemming.

For now, tired, hot (over 80 still). Need to call it a day. On call tonight and 4 patients to see in the AM dor the day crew.

Goid night, sleep tight! 😴
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”