Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UPDATE ON ROD'S COLONOSCOPY 5/4

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

UPDATE ON ROD'S COLONOSCOPY 5/4

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon May 02, 2022 9:59 am

HI, Here we go again. First of all I/we need lots of prayers to get thru the next two days. My DH, Rod, has a colonoscopy tue am. The VA version has changed all the rules and the diet preceding it..... No fun and Rod is not co-operating at all. For a week prior, on a very low fiber diet, eliminating most of the veggies and fruits he normally eats. He loves salads but anything with seeds, peels, etc , no nuts and other things are NONO for a week. So meals have been a bit sketchy to say the least lately.

Today is strictly liquids only, takes 4 laxatives at 2 pm followed by 8 glasses of water or clear liquids. That will be fun all by itself. And then at 6pm do the MoviPrep dose with more liquids. Gonna be floating by then. Instructions say, "Stay near a bathroom" No kidding. Guess I will just have to keep my legs crossed for the rest of the day since only have one here. YIKES!

Problem on top of all of this is he is a diabetic. since can only have liquids, he decided he doesn't have to have anything. He is drinking a sprite right now. Stubborn man. He takes insulin so I called nurse and she said to be sure to ck his sugar before he takes any insulin at all. But he takes 5 shots a day normally, some long term some short term. So will have to really watch him today.

Plus since he can't have creamer in his coffee, decided doesn't want any. I can guarantee from my own past experience he will start having bad headaches soon. He drinks 4 cups of coffee a day. Oh well, like I said need some prayers today please. Gotta scoot. I got a haircut yesterday so don't have a lot of hair left to pull out today. LOL And we haven't even gotten to tomorrow yet. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Prayers for all of you today and always. I read when I can and think of you all so much some days. Wish I could quilt again but just cant follow the patterns so gave it up. No time anyway, caregiving is NOT fun.

Sending love and hugs and prayers across the miles for all of you and our world that keeps changing too. Shirley Mae
Last edited by Ittybittygma on Wed May 04, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Stubborn Husband & Colonoscopy.....HELP

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm

ShirleyMae, you are definitely in my prayers. Hoping for a successful procedure for Rod.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Shirley Mae You both are in my prayers may God give you strength to cope.
Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Shirley Mae, so sorry to hear of more health difficulties coming your way. You make me think of that old song, “if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all“. I hope you know we are all praying for you and Rod! 🙏❤️

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue May 03, 2022 4:28 am

Prayers my friend
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 03, 2022 5:47 am

Sending prayers that all goes well.
Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 04, 2022 6:57 am

Sending all my prayers for you & DH. (((((HUGS)))))

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed May 04, 2022 9:30 am

UPDATE ON ROD'S COLONOSCOPY............ Thank you everyone for your prayers. It is comforting to know so many folks are out there praying for us. Here is the latest but waiting on biopsies before do any more things to him.

Once he ckd in yesterday, took him right back and sent me to a chair in waiting room. Long wait. They removed 12 polypts and sent them in for biopsy just in case, said small ones. But they found one larger one, couldn’t get it out normal way with the scope and loop thing on end so marked it with dark dye so can see it on an xray or MRI and will keep an eye on it. Guess did take a pc to send too for biopsy . Dr will call with results. If can’t remove it std way, may have to have surgery to remove it, if it is cancerous. Won’t know until results back. At least it is marked so they can find it again on a screen.

He was LOOPY all day from whatever they put him out with. He was in there so long, started to wake up and he said he watched some of the procedure before they realized he was waking up so knocked him out again. His stomach hurt last night so they told him to use heating pad if aches too much. He feels really bloated but wonder if pump air in stomach to do all those procedures. They do that for some female procedures and you feel really bloated awhile afterwards.

This morning he is bleeding some but not bad. But he is having a lot of stomach pain so I will try to keep you all updated when I can. Men do NOT tolerate pain very well sometimes.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind comforting words. May God bless you all today with good health and healing of all that bothers you too. And praying for safety too for all in the paths of the fires and bad storms around the country.

Hugs and love from AZ, Shirley Mae (and Rod and the kittycats too)

QuiltGram8

Re: UPDATE ON ROD'S COLONOSCOPY 5/4

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:54 am

Saying a prayer for answers and healing and comfort. 🙏🙏🙏
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Re: UPDATE ON ROD'S COLONOSCOPY 5/4

Post by billizzy » Thu May 05, 2022 5:14 am

Shirley mar bless your heart nothing like dealing with stubborn man boy do I know what your going through 🥰 I still recall mine when he had to have same test you would have thought end of world was coming 😂🤪

Many hugs and prayers hope all went well and life is back to normal ❤️
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”