Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 1st

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Sunday May 1st

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 01, 2022 5:48 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. We should be in the mid 70's today.

I love when the weather allows the windows to be open, but the wind is driving my nose nuts. But I guess if a stuffy allergy filled nose is my biggest problem I'm in pretty good shape.

Nothing new here. I plan to get in a window and sew some.

Lyn, a rib dinner sounds like a great evening meal. Do you put sauce on yours? GHughes makes a pretty good product and they have many sugar free sauces. How is that CPAP machine working for you?

Valerie, so glad the healthcare worker can give extra help for dad while you are away. I'm glad you can get away, a break is always nice. We are also getting flowers on our tomatoes. We are one step closer to getting the fruit. I do have some little oranges starting on my orange tree, Sadly the wild turkeys are a fan of green BB sized oranges. Dang turkeys.

Sharona, for you it's itchy gums for me it's itchy ears. I think I need a stronger allergy pill, my over the counter isn't kicking allergy butt. Glad you slept better the other night. I forget, did you have a sleep study?

Well, guess everyone is still sleeping. My grandpa would say. Get up sleepy heads, the day is half over.

Have a groovy day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Becca

Re: Sunday May 1st

Post by Becca » Sun May 01, 2022 5:59 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here but sun predicted It’s going to be a beautiful day here too
I am ready for Church It’s starts soon I got kitchen done & all my necessities done for the day

Chris You we’re early being on West coast I was here early too but didn’t write Hope your day goes great You have turkeys eating & we have deer We see turkeys too but they don’t bother anything

Denise will bring BBQ ribs & chicken tomorrow I’m getting strawberries to freeze & eat
I hope everyone has a great blessed day
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:17 am

Good morning. I need to type guickly, it's time for church here soon. This is busy week for me. Our ladies group at church is hosting a ladies event Wednesday evening. Baked potato bar and dessert with a program following with a feature of hymns written by women " Hymns by Her". Several of us will read a portrayal of these featured women and their hymns. I have a reading part, so dress rehearsal Monday night, quilting in AM on Tuesday with set up for tables, decorations, etc. after that. Then Wednesday is the event. Thursday I am on deck to join a group of ladies to pull weeds in or church's flower gardens. I love to be involved and busy, but I need to remember where to be and when LOL.
Yesterday I found a chest of drawers at garage sale venture for my sewing room. Also found a wooden quilt rack to display my Mom's quilts.
Also found a neat mirror for our entry way with coat hooks on it. Felt really good about my journey.
Now I need to get going and finish getting ready to go to church
Have a fabulous day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 01, 2022 6:33 am

Good morning all we were up for a 730am hockey game and our boys won the game...we head to the finals this afternoon.
I did get the sun room done yesterday all 7 windows and curtains are down,,Floor is scruppbed and woodwork clean....It was a lot of work but its is done...NExt will be the fireplace living room and foyer...only 4 windows there but a lot of woodwork to wash....
Other than a hockey tournament we arent doing much else....I have been researching the stitchers garden to see if I remember how to do bobbin work and other techniques...I will just treat this as a block of the month for now...and see how it goes.
Well off to get some chores done...have a blessed sunday XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 01, 2022 6:37 am

Good morning!

Beautiful morning here! 47*, no rain, and nice day predicted.

SHARONA - well? Did the dog trainer teach you some new tricks? Many years ago I took a puppy to an 8-week course of obedience training. We came away with a diploma for the puppy, but mostly it's to teach the owners how to teach their dogs. I thought of a way to remember your vehicles - the F-150 is a Ford - "F" is for Ford. And the other vehicle is - well - the other vehicle! :D

VALERIE - your poor dad - he has gone through so much! I hope he doesn't lose his vision over this. Your DBIL is quite young to be so seriously ill. At least I consider 75 to be young in this day and age! Tell him bald heads are sexy. All the rest God covered up with hair.

LYN - congratulations on your big win of lotto blocks! Now you have a project to work on as you travel! And we are very familiar with Bee Cave. That's where our DD lives and works. She is director of the Laura Bush Library on Bee Cave Road and lives across Bee Cave Rd off Couernavaca. The two sisters who just opened up a new quilt shop here in Gig Harbor (Sew Hip) are from Bee Cave.

CHRISS - so did you go 'saling' yesterday? Any great finds? I am always looking for things to use for yard art. And also an old red plaid thermos like my parents had when I was a kid and we took it on Sunday rides. If you ever see that - grab it for me! I don't even need the top. It's for display only. And you asked if I did all my "might do's" on my list. And yes. Yes I did, though it took me two days to do it all. I cleaned the trailer, washed sheets/remade bed, sewed a May lotto block (love that block!), cleaned the deck, and worked some in the yard. If there was anything else on the list, I don't want to be reminded of it. What's on YOUR list.

MARY Q - I hear you about Fiesta ware and how heavy it is. Bill complains. And now I have bad wrists. If we are sitting at the table, which only happens if we have company, we use the Fiesta ware. Usually, if it's just us, we sit in our chairs and watch TV while we eat and hold our plates so then I use the my regular light weight china dishes. I think Lyn just got or is in the process of getting, new Corelle dishes. I have seen those project boards. To me, it's just one more thing to clutter my already crammed sewing room. When I need to keep pieces together I use a tray, cookie sheet, or large square ruler. If I'm working with strips, I hang them over a cabinet door. If it's lots of strips, I hang them on a small drying rack. All these things I can put back when I'm done.

JANA - funny story about the window/laundry! lol! It gave me my day's chuckle.

LORI- how was lunch with your friend? And how is your Janome? What was wrong with it?

JUDI-You've had a hockey weekend! I hope your teams win today. How is Ken feeling now? Windows and woodwork. You are truly a white tornado! I remember my mom washing woodwork occasionally. I don't remember me doing it much though. I think I'd rather repaint! :lol:

VELDA - you really do have a busy week ahead of you! At least you don't have to go far for most of your activities! And some great finds to add to your home. It's good to be you!

BECCA - you already have all your chores done for the day - before church!? Now you can just relax the rest of the day. Can you do that? I'm not a good relaxer.

CHRISS - you again?? I didn't know my grandparents, but my mom would always holler, "Gup! Gup! It's daylight in the swamp!" Do your turkeys fly up into your orange tree to eat your tiny baby oranges? The birds and chickens always got my parents' cherries. The chickens roosted in the trees.

We have a fun family of boondockers staying with us this weekend. In a beautifully converted and repainted Blue Bird bus. The kids were excited to see our dog and asked if they could pet him. Scottie happily obliged. Then the little girl saw Foxy and went into ecstacies. He also came over to say hello which delighted the little girl while she told me all about her cat. They are a fun family. They just park here and go do their own thing. This summer's project is, hopefully, to carve out a little nature trail through our woods for our Boondockers to walk. My older sis has often talked about wanting to do this - on our property. So this summer when she visits, I aim to please her with this "planned entertainment" - she can help build trails!

Today - the list has only two things on it - a couple more lotto blocks and a couple more hours of yard work. And I'm thinking of starting on windows, since that seems to be what we're doing these days. And read what I said - thinking. I didn't say doing. Yet.

have a super Sunday!
mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun May 01, 2022 7:49 am

Good Morning Girls

Not much news to share from here... it's still cloudy and dreary. Looks like we might see the sun on Tuesday--- one can only hope!

Yesterday I stayed in all day and made a few messes here and there... so today I'm thinking will the clean up! I went through a box that my brother gave me. How I wish my Dad would have used regular film instead of slide film! Sure would have been easier to scan and digitize! And boy did he love taking pictures.... of every thing! There's one full box of slides of the vacations/trip they took... all over Europe and in Tahiti. I think most of those are going in the garbage! I don't even know what they are of? I did find a few old family pictures.. those are fun! But now there is a mess in my living room

I did try to strip more wallpaper yesterday, but gave up... dang... I just can't handle the up and down on a ladder anymore... Another one of things I hate about getting old! SO I called a guy and he's coming tomorrow night to do it. I think they should tell you when you are young to not only save money for retirement, but make a special fund to hire people to do all the things you won't be able to do any more!

Time to get my you-know-what in gear! I'll be back tomorrow to chat with y'all, but I'm staring at the messes and I gotta get them cleaned up.. Would like to do a little sewing this afternoon, but messes first!

Have a Super Sunday!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 01, 2022 7:57 am

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Chriss, the CPAP says I'm doing good. I scored 97 last night. Thanks for asking.

As for my ribs.... I prep them with a good amount of Rib Rub seasoning.I have a Traeger grill. I put a little disposable loaf pan, with about a cup of apple juice in it, back in a corner. I smoke the ribs, meat side up, for 30 minutes. Then turn grill to 300° for 2 hours. During that time I have a spray bottle of apple juice and spray them about every 20-30 min. Next I take 2 long & wide pieces of foil, lay the ribs meat side down and pour some apple juice on them and wrap them in the doubled foil and put back on the grill for 1 hour, same temp. Then I shut grill off and let them sit 30 minutes. I have been given good reviews by a friend who does lot of grilling.

MaryZ, I started to reply to you yesterday, but never got it sent. For some reason I thought Autumn was in North Austin. When I'm back again, I just may visit the library.

What a surprise to learn that I won the lotto!! I will have the blocks mailed to my DSIL in the KC, KS, area.

Off to prep the salads and strawberries.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 01, 2022 8:04 am

Good morning!

Church is a bit later and so far, I get to sit in the pews and not lead the music!

My old college nickname seems to be back! First, I did not, not ever, no never, run with no clothes through any part of my college! My nickname was Streak. My DSIL, Sandee's mom, was a beautician and on my Christmas break, we frosted, the old term, my hair. She got a heavy streak across the front of my hair. I part my hair on the side. Hence the nickname. Now, I noticed it last week, that same streak of white back in the same spot, this time naturally! What a surprise that was, seems to have just popped up, must be the similarity of my new haircut to the old. Oh well, it is what it is....

We got one set of my curtains hung in the Batt Cave. The other rod spring broke, so it needs to be replaced first. Then I cleaned all my piles, oops, projects, and carefully put them so they can be finished. I really had earned my Phd! It was piled high and deep! Now I can work efficiently. If you believe that, I can sell you this beautiful orange bridge, it's stunning! Deed is included, printed it myself!

After church I will hang more of the pictures on the stairs. So far the strips are working. Then sew a little.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 01, 2022 8:40 am

Mary, the Janome is home. I tried it out at the store and it seems to be working. Lunch with friends is always nice.

Chriss, we have our windows and doors open 90% of the time.

DSD is getting married today, so that's what we'll be doing.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:44 am

Good afternoon everyone. Gray here but going to 65, rain expected later. Our grandson stopped by bright and early to show us the turkey he got.
I am making hubby pork chops for dinner with sweet potatoes and a veggie. I need to get some chocolate chocolate zucchini bread made and in the freezer for Mother’s Day.
I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday. Stay safe and healthy
Don’t forget to get your mammogram!!!!!

Return to “Sew ins”