Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 30

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Saturday April 30

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:12 am

Quick drive by as need to leave in about 20 min for my Pacific Grove quilt class.

Dad update: he had his follow up eye appointment yesterday. Much to my surprise, the blood is still in the back of his right eye and his left eye now has a high pressure reading. So we will redo the angiogram 1 week before his next injection. I am wondering if his is all related to his high blood sugars. The pressure issue is the same side as his cancer but the dr. didn't think there was a relationship between the two. So back to the drawing board. Since his only pass time is watching TV, I am trying to preserve his eyesight.

Not too much else new, getting a few strawberries, my arugula all bolted so pulling and will think of something else to put in there. Lots of flower on the tomatoes but not setting fruit. Has been too cold I think. Looking at some warmer weather next week so maybe then.

Yes Chriss, Dad will stay home. Caregiver will work extra and DH is here in the evenings.

Mary it is actually setting blocks that I messed up, probably could have gotten through triangles. I will take a picture and post later. DBIL is about 75 ish I think. He used to be a really heavy smoker, like 2 or so packs a day I think. At first he wasn't going to treat the cancer but then decided radiation would be ok. He is very vain about his hair so won't take chemo. He has a full head of hair now, it is going white but still very thick.

Well, gotta get the car loaded so best get to getting. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Re: Saturday April 30

Post by womster » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:26 am

Good morning!

Maryz and Chriss - yes - these ding dang allergies. I did sleep much better last night, thank you. I was using the water pic this morning (my dental hygienist would be so proud) and even my gums were itchy! I think all the high winds we've had over the last month are blowing pollen in from around the world. And re the cars - Mary you were quite kind. DH gets rather annoyed that I can't keep them straight so I just refer to them by their body type.

The dog trainer is due here in about five minutes. We are about to tear our hair out so I hope she has some good answers for us. Did I mention that I called the prison that trained our last dog? There are 800 people on the waiting list due to Covid backups. Guess we're going to have to really buckle down and get her trained ourselves. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”