Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 28th

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Thursday April 28th

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:59 am

Good morning everyone, wanted to drop in before I leave for my patient visit and off to Free Sew.

Cindyg I sent you a PM. Any more news on your retirement?

Lyn did you get to your destination?

Judy my daughter will take stuff from relatives who have passed on but she is about the only one. Going in May to Vegas to get the rest of my sister's stuff. Not sure what I will do with it. I think I am going to try to minimize what I bring home.

Chriss here is the link to a picture I found on the internet. This is the BOM we are doing. I am doing it in a batik (black with bold colors and a fabric selection called abandoned). So two quilts. Couldn't choose between the two. https://fabshopstore.com/products/retur ... pler-times. How is your Medicare class coming along?

Sharona we are having issues with drought here too. Hard to keep the garden going when they look at how much water you are using.

Maryq as long as the quilt is put together before next Easter, so be it. That is one reason I don't take on projects for other people. I don't do deadlines in my sewing! Ever!

Well still gotta load the car so best get started. Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 am

Give me a old fashioned paper map from AAA! No GPS!

Here's one reason why - Sarah's company routes and delivers sod all over the Salt Lake area. They drive 53 foot rigs with a donkey on the back. We have many mountains and therefore many canyons. One of those canyons is just up the road from my house. On the other side, through a narrow road, dirt and barely wide enough for a pickup truck, is the community of Tooele. You can easily get to it on a main freeway, but not this driver. This driver was using his GPS and went up the dirt road, which kept getting narrow and got the whole loaded rig stuck! Sarah called a big rig tow truck, and they had to unload all the sod pallets, the pull the trailer and truck back down to where they could turn it around and then reload all the sod. That's just one, then there is all the railroad incidents and all the dirt roads that people get stuck on out in snow and desert. No thank you!

Matthew's new vehicle on order is Chevy Tahoe with the diesel engine. That vehicle is big enough to hold his family - 3 growing teen age boys and Emma and Baden.

Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:34 am

We got to the house about 3:30 yesterday. I unhooked the Jeep, moved the Coach into the driveway and opened 2 slides. I won't open the long slide, it's making a bad noise. I will let Newmar open it.

CindyG, not sure what we're doing with the boat still in Canada.

Best Buy geek was already here and mounted the living room TV on the wall. I need to empty the Jeep so we can go get the guest bed head and foot boards.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Diane, sometimes when my Kindle updates it changes the settings and I have to change them back to log in. It locked me out last month and I had to figure it out.

Jana, I love my Tahoe, but it's not diesel. I think younger people today would have a hard time reading a map. We used to have the Thomas Bros. map books in our cars.

Cindy, we have a big 2500 diesel truck. We bought it with the intent of getting a trailer right before covid hit. We never got the trailer, but may start looking now. I'm sure some people will be selling since the gas prices have gone up.

Chriss, the magic erasers are nice, but they do scratch some surfaces, so test it first. 0700 is a little too early for me to walk. I usually go between 8-830.

I'm going to start on my windows maybe tomorrow. I have to the the sliders quite often because of doggie noses. Today I shall sew.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”