Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 28th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday April 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:27 am

Good morning it is sunny and frosty...we are at 29. I am trying to get the windows done but it is so cold they are impossible to dry, So I wait for the end of the week, and warmer weather, Plus the sun shine produces streaks. But they will get done, They always do. Windex is my go to cleaner,,, I have some shady sides of my house and if it warms up they can be done. Same with the yard work it will get done....eventually.
All this discussion of old cars,,,,,we are a Ford family...our DDIL works for Ford Motor our grand son, and my late BIL all worked for them and we have always owned American cars, Our F250 is a 2003 it has a lot of miles that pull a 5th wheel so it has hard miles....we have had to get it fixed several times but we we dont have a payment,,,I drive a lease and get a new car every 3 years,,,the new cars are not easy to work on and our dealer is really good about taking care of things for us, at our age a lease is the way to go....we also have a 2012 Ford Focus,,,with over 100K and no problems,,,our son is driving it right now.
I am putting the binding on the baby quilt...it will be done today...I will get the other one quilted too.
Today I will run to the store to get a couple of new belts My other Black and brown are falling apart and getting too big...Im running out of holes...lost 25 lbs so far,,,I feel really good...a plus. a lot more energy...
Tonight we are taking our youngest son and DDIL to dinner,,,,Jennifer turns 50 this week and they are headed to FLorida to celebrate tomorrow. so we will have dinner with them tonight,,,we rarely see them due to everyone working and busy at their homes...so this is a treat this is the son we almost lost to a major heart attack this past fall....God has truely blessed us to still have him,,,he is doing great,,,
Well that s is all for me hope your day is eventful in a good way,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Thursday April 28th

Post by velvet » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:03 am

Good morning to all. We are back from LI with my DD and family. Lily turned 13, Hubby turned ?? and Easter all together. I had a great time. She lives in a partial dead zone so getting to keep up with everyone was a problem.
Does anyone have a problem with having to put in a password?? It happens rarely but this time it hit me when I was in LI--and of course the password is in a book here in SC.
I'm hoping that everyone is doing well. I'll try to read back the post from when I was gone-but until then.
I'm happy for the good news and sad for the bad news that has happened while I was not here.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:24 am

Good morning!

I will try this again! My fat fingers hit the wrong button and poof, it was gone!

We did, Michael helped, 5 windows yesterday. He did the glass door and I did the screens and windows. That leaves me 5 to do, but there's still the Batt Cave windows, which are a whole different animal to clean. My sprinklers sometimes spray on those and the water is hard and leaves calcium spots, so they take Lime Away to clean the glass.

That darn quilt is now off to it's new home. We finished it up yesterday. Sarah, in between dealing with a multitude of problems at work, loaded the quilt and I taught Crenda to use my LA. Sarah was having one of those, I will quote from a great child's book, "a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I think I'll move to Australia! " So, in the mean time, while we were quilting, Lila and Baden played in the backyard. Lila , as any 4 year old does, picked all my tulips that were in bloom. "These are so beautiful," she tells me. Yes, yes, they were!

Then Crenda went home and her car broke , half way home. Sure wish that the American manufacturers would get their act together. Matt's new car has been on order since last August! And we thought maybe , just maybe they were building the new car. Nope, not yet. It is getting desperate for a working car that can hold a family!

Today is my uglies day, not many and then i am being selfish and sewing on a me project!

Do fun stuff!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:29 am

Morning
Judi congrats in the weight loss! Our truck is a Ford as well.. Joe wants a new one but prices are ridiculous and supply is so low he's not ready. Maybe in a few years.
Yesterday I got 2 blocks made. Felt awesome. Today I will go to VA with Joe and not sure after that.
Have a great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:49 am

Good morning

Diane, glad you are home safe and sound and had a good trip. Sorry you were in a dead zone with your phone, but once in a while, it’s nice to be “unplugged”.

Judi, congratulations on losing 25 pounds! Have you reached your goal or is there more to go? I think you deserve more than two new belts! Enjoy your time with your son and DDIL. Where are they going in Florida?

Chriss, Bill and I laughed so hard yesterday afternoon at some thing you said. The Internet said there was a quilt shop in the little town of Raymond. And you said it could be almost like an adventure to go to a new shop we’ve never been to before. So we drove 40 miles down the coast, and, following the GPS in the phone, we ended up way up in the hills in places Bill had never been before even though he used to live there. We stumbled across the cemetery where his first wife is buried. Once the phone directed us up into the hills, it left us. We switched to the GPS in the truck which soon had us on roads that were getting more and more narrow, eventually one lane, gravel, like a USFS road. I told Bill about your remark and even as the road got more skinny he started laughing. Suddenly we started down a hill, began to see a few farms, rounded a corner, and there was the highway! And no quilt shop!! But it was a nice drive just the same.

We are going home this morning. This afternoon we will empty and clean the trailer, label Aut’s DWR quilt and take it to the post office. Then go to UPS store to fix our mail. There are always lots of chores to catch up on like plants, birds, sweep the porch, etc. So it will be a busy day. This has been a very nice relaxing, break for us, but we’re both ready to go home

Have a great day! Hello to everyone!

Mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:06 am

Good morning. It's a bit windy outside but I am sure it's going to be a wonderful day today.

I have a load of laundry in the machine, will go for my walk soon and have a meeting to view my "office" where, now that we can meet in person, I will meet clients for Medicare stuff. Somewhere in there will be sewing, I love the May lotto block. I'm betting next month might just be patriotic.

Yesterday was grocery shopping and a town hall meeting. Sadly, the town hall meeting wasn't well attended. On the June ballot is a measure to build a new hospital. I pray it passes.

Judi, my goodness. 25 pounds is a great loss, congratulations. Downsizing is wonderful and a new belt a great way to reward yourself. Enjoy dinner tonight and happy bday to DDIL. You are right, windows and yards will get done eventually.

Diane, I'm glad you had fun celebrating with family. It's good to be with people you like. My phone doesn't like it when I am away from my home Wi-Fi and asks me to sign into almost everything.

Jana, I sometimes also have FFS (Fat Finger Syndrome), we must be twins. Does Lime Away work well? My fiberglass shower needs serious help. I read that a magic eraser would help and bought one. I so wish I had wiped it down after each shower so my hard water wouldn't have been an issue. Glad the quilt got done, sorry about the cars. I am hoping that there will be more things made in this country after seeing the issues of importing things. What will you you project be?

Flo, hope today's outing includes lunch. Are you making the heart quilt? Jerry also has a Ford, A ranger. it's an old clunker but does the job. He would like a new one but doesn't want a truck with 4 doors. He likes the older ones without 4 door handles. But for now he will settle for his clunker.

Maryz, what a great road trip. Life is an adventure, always something to discover if you look. Our Raymond sounds a lot like the area you were in. They have a school and not much else. So glad you had a fun get away, safe travels home.

My walking buddy just texted me. We are walking at 7am instead of 8:30 this morning. I will need a jacket. I have been trying to lift my knees higher as I walk, and straighten my posture. I seem to lean into my walking, and constantly tell myself to stand up straight, I am turning into my parents.

You girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:29 am

Good Morning Girls

Just popping in to say HI... I'm off to see the "wizard" :lol: :lol: My financial wizard to see if he can tell me why my funds are dropping! :lol: :lol: After that it's lunch with my oldest DB , then a quick stop into Joann for some more Pellon and then home and back to work!

I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:48 am

Judi - congrats on losing 25 lbs. - that's marvy. Yes, those big 'ol trucks are what is needed to pull a 5th wheel. Don's was a Heavy Chevy 2500 diesel super cab. I had to have a stool to get in that thing. The stool was a collapsible one that folded flat when not in use. He tied a rope to the stool so that I could pull it up to the cab after I'd climbed in. He had the truck detailed one time and the people didn't put my stool back in. I was fit to be tied. That Chevy pulled the 5th wheel like it wasn't even there. He loved that truck. About your window cleaning, do you squeegie them dry?

Diane - glad you had a safe trip back. Is LI Long Island? My mom and granny were raised in East Hampton and Sag Harbor. My mom met daddy and moved down here to Houston to marry him....so I'm not a Yankee but I sure could have been.

Jana - I don't know what microfiber backing you used but you also referred to Minky in that conversation. I used Minky on the back of one of the twinkies quilts and I had no problem at all with it. And they fight over who gets the Minky-backed one - they like how it feels. I do, too. LOL My sister just traded her 3 yr. old Avalon in for a Highlander. She loves it. It's her second one and she wondered why she even bought the Avalon because she likes the way the Highlanders sit up high. I think she was enamored with the luxury feel of the Avalon. What kind of car did Matthew order?

Flo - Joe is so right that the prices of trucks (and cars) is ridiculous lately. I don't know about where you live but down here the dealerships are begging for used vehicles and they will buy yours even if you aren't buying one from them. I sold Don's truck to a dealer and they gave me so much for it that I paid the truck off and paid cash for my Honda CR-V. I couldn't believe it! The manager of that dealership kept thanking me for bringing him such a nice truck - imagine that.

Maryz - you had a quilt shop adventure!! Y'all be careful going home. I never wanted to go home but that's because we never camped for more than 5 days in a row. And we had to go back to work.

The guys are taking me to my favorite restaurant tomorrow. Pappadeaux Seafood - yummy! I don't know if it's for my retirement or for my 42nd anniversary working here. Whatever - I'll pig out tomorrow!!!

womster

Post by womster » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:26 am

Good morning!

Judi - congrats on the weight loss!

We have a 2007 Silverado F150 - full size truck bed. It has a back seat of sorts, but is two door. We hope to never have to replace it. I am headed into work so this is another drive-by. I got most of the hotel reservations and the return flight made for the girls. I was expecting it to be a lot more money, but thankfully it wasn't very much more than last year. So yay! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:43 am

Good morning! Today was grocery day. That's always an early trip to avoid the crowds.
Then exercise and second cuppa coffee ☕☕!
Wow! So much to chime in and reply. I know I will miss several that I relate to or want to say something.
Judi congratulations on your weight loss. You deserve new belts! We are a Ford Family, but we have had a few others over the years, but prefer Ford. 😉
I need to go back and review then continue this....... Oh, yes, I am so happy to hear your son has been blessed and doing well. 🙏
Diana: missed you. Hope your trip was great!
Maryz: OMG! We have had a few adventures like you did. Once we were following a GPS detour. And we were in a rental, I think, but was thankful we were not towing. The roads took us back to Interstate, but became so narrow and we really felt like we were LOST!
But now thinking back, laugh. Learned our lesson on detours.
Well, I need to get busy. Lots to do today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”