Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed, Jan 26

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wed, Jan 26

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Yippee! It's above zero this morning! A regular heat wave of 29*

Velda.... Oh what fun to start something fresh and new! Do you have much around for background fabric? There's a pattern called "chandelier" that uses 5" squares that's super easy.
https://i0.wp.com/blog.lellaboutique.co ... 1170&ssl=1 Jenny Doan had a tutorial on it a few weeks ago. I bet it would be really cute scrappy, but it does take a bit of background. I have one cut out to do, just using various WOW scraps I had as they are cut in 2.5"x5" and 2.5" x 7" pieces.

Diane... How is Laura doing these days! There's a quilt guild only about 14 miles from me, but I just can't make myself get out of the house to join it! I'm just such a homebody! You had a good day yesterday... getting 20 kits all put together. Do you have gals to put then together for you?

Judi... Ken is off and running this morning? Hockey rink? such a nice wife you are to get his coffee ready. I'll meet you in the sewing room, as I'm headed there shortly too... well, after kitchen shine-up. The kids are really good at loading the dishwasher after supper, but they don't always clean up the rest of the messes... no problem.. it's a part of my morning routine!

Katy.. Check out that chandelier pattern... your 30"s charm squares would be perfect. And it's pretty darn easy to do. I have a bunch of 30's prints I was going to use but not enough. Oh Gosh.. TAXES! I have to have an accountant do mine too, so many odd accounts and investments things I don't understand. But wouldn't a refund be nice this year?

Maryz.. Would you say you are about 1/2 way? Not very warm in GH this morning... are you sure you want to get home rather that stay in Arizona sunshine? :lol: :lol:

Tina.... Oh Yes I saw the new contest date... I'm going to mark it on my calendar so I can cross my fingers to win a prize! :lol: :lol: Do you have to report stuff to the IRS that you get from PayPal now? That would stink!

Sharon.. Cute name for your new puppy! Don't you just love Amazon... some times I order something just so I don't have to go out and I get a package on my door step. My son orders dog food all the time... so handy!

so yesterday I got a bit of good news! First of all.. we are closing on the sale of my house on Monday! So I will be "homeless" for a little while. Second... The sellers of the townhouse got word that their builder wants to close next Wednesday the 2nd, so it looks like once they are out, I can close and get ready to move in... and won't have to wait until the end of February! They will know more on Monday after they make arrangements with a moving company as they are going about 65 south of here. I would SO LOVE to be able to get in and start the painting process. And some cleaning and some box moving etc.! Will keep you updated and if you want my new address... PM me! :) :) :)

For now I better get in gear...need more coffee and never did do laundry yesterday so after the kitchen clean up I'm headed downstairs to do that and sew a bit and maybe pack a little!

Wishing you all a Happy Thursday

Return to “Sew ins”