Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November 29,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: Monday November 29,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning I'm back Just to say Sandi went to the Doctors and the said her breast surgery was negative .

Thank You for keeping her in your prayers

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning, it's going to be a fun day today.

After taking the boys to school I go to training. My training doesn't start until the afternoon but I want to hit some thrift stores in the area (big surprise huh?). There are quite a few of them and it will be fun.

I wanted to go get one more thing for Jerry that is sold in that area but the store is closed on Monday. I will be back on December 3rd, so will go there then.

My Christmas shopping is done. I still need to get gift cards for the kids, but that is easy. Neither kid has given me a list and both have said they don't need anything so it's a gift card.

We only put up a tree and a few items for decoration. When Marilyn gets a bigger place most of the things we have here will go to her house. The village houses and buildings and the nutcrackers are all hers.

I need to move my buns, you girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss

ps, YAY for Sandi.
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:37 am

Good morning!

Lois – your week sounds busy. Hopefully you can make a mess in your sewing room sometime. That is GREAT news about Sandi!

Judi – isn’t it weird how people forget how to drive on snow? Have a lovely time with your friend today.

Jana – your house must be looking quite festive.

Valerie – sorry to hear about your shoulder. I don’t think I will put up much either. I have a 3’ tree that I put on the table in the sunroom and we will put up the laser lights, but that is it. Hope you’re able to get a nap today.

Maryz – how fun to be visiting Tina. If we go to visit my sister in Flagstaff, I will work in a visit with her as well. Love the pic!

Becca – I understand your mentality. It all has to be put back - Ugh. I vote for being content.

Katy – glad to hear your leg is doing better. Glad Jim is as well. Your soup sounds yummy.

Flo – puppy playing – how fun! Enjoy your cross-stitch.

Vel – I also decorated my old house a LOT. It took well over two days. And you’re so right – when everything was put away it was kind of sad.

Diane – today we are warmer than places in Florida. This is typical for a La Nina weather pattern. How quickly people forget that La Nina brings warm weather and drought. It will be fun for y’all to have everyone there! Hopefully this new variant won’t be as bad as the others. I share your concern.

Chriss – I’m so proud of all you’re doing! I bet Marilyn can’t wait for a bigger house so she can go through all the Christmas stuff. That’s probably what I liked best – all the memories from the decorations.

Today after my Bible study I need to hit Walmart. DH is out of his granny smith apples. He’s been eating applesauce as a substitute but he’s done with that. He does our laundry on Mondays and that’s nearly done. The house is clean from having company so I get to play this afternoon – yay! Have a glorious day. Xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:41 am

Good Morning Girls

Tis a lovely day here in MN! Certainly not as warm as Maryz in the desert of Arizona, but there's no snow on the ground and to me.. that's always a good thing!

Lois ... Such GREAT news for Sandie... I must have missed it that she was having surgery, but the news is wonderful that all is negative! I don't know about you, but it seems a constant battle to keep my sewing room clean.. Mine is so crowded now that it kind of drives me nuts...

Judi... You sure did get a lot of decorating done ! Now I've got the bug, but I think this year I'm going to leave it up to the kids. I'm trying to get used to called it "their house" instead of "my house". Next year I'll probably go crazy in my new place!

Jana.... You too are busy decorating. I'm going to start a post later today or tomorrow where we can share our decor! Judi sent me a few of the the beautiful decor at her house I'm going to post for her. I love seeing how every gets ready for the holidays!

Valerie.... Is there ever a day when there isn't some sort of chore to do? I'm still cleaning up TG dinner messes... pans that had to soak etc. What did you do to your shoulder? Ice and heat the best treatment? Hope it feels better soon!

Maryz... That certainly is a different view than I'm used to at this time of year. And to have run the AC!
You know you'll have to give Tina hugs from all of us when you get there... tho with Covid may be we should just have lots of "air hugs". How long are you staying in Deming? Is your Sis at the same campground there or at the next stop.

Becca.... Oh I so hear you about setting up a "village" type thing.. It's fun to set it up, but not so fun to pack it all up again. I have 8 or 9 years worth of Precious Moments Village called "Sugar Town" that I set all up a few years ago, the kids helped, but it's sure pain to re-pack! How is your Brodee doing?

Katy... You are done decorating already! I'm with you on the Log Cabins.... not a fan, until I used El's rulers! What a world of difference.. not that I'm wanting to make dozens of them, but at least I know I can do it now without them getting all wonky! You boil up soup bones? I just grab a thing of beef stock.. which reminds me.. that soup sounds really good. It's definitely soup season.

Flo... Do you get big snow storms where you are in MO? I think driving in ice would be much worse and for sure I'd stay in!

Velda... Oh not to worry... I'm ALWAYS the caboose here. I can sign on, grab my coffee, start a post, wander off, come back, lose my train of thought, start typing, think of something else I'm supposed to do... so it takes me a good 45-60 minutes to start and complete a post. :lol: :lol:

Diane... Won't it be great to have your family close this year. I haven't had the news on much lately, but this morning I see something on the internet about a new Covid variant! Oh good grief... when will this end!!! I'm hoping I can still to Alaska in a few weeks!

Chriss... You are DONE shopping?? I've managed to pick up a few things and ordered a couple things for Eli from Amazon. The hardest to buy for are Shawn and Brennen--tho I may just get Bren a lot of gas gift cards! He hates spending money on gas for his truck! But that's what gets him to school!

Time for me to move my buns too.. Mr. Maytag awaits my presence in the laundry room. Viv brought me back 3 quilts she did for me and I'm itching to get the binding done on the last one today!

Wishing you all a marvelous Monday!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:49 am

Good morning, all! Another chilly day here. Not doing much today. Still tired from this weekend so will stay in and rest. Like some others have said not sure how much of my Christmas decorations I will get out this year. I know I will get some out, but since I go to my son's in Elkhart for Christmas not sure how much I will do. I have alot and putting it away is such a chore. I know I will get some out just not as much.

Well, better go get some lunch for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Uhm, Comcast out till 7:30 tonight. Got one BOM done. Will work on number 2 tomorrow. May sew some binding tonight. Shoulder still a bit sore so we will see
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”