Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday November 27,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday November 27,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:32 am

Good morning Everyone,

Well it's been a nice couple of days here yesterday Billy and Melissa came over we had a nice visit.
I finished all the garlands for my sister to give as gifts will deliver them nextweek.

Today I would like to clean up some of those
Mess that I have in my sewing room and put back some stuff.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

suzette58

Re: Saturday November 27,2021

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:29 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
Today is going to be a little busy. We have a few errands to run and then I am heading to my sewing room to work on hubby’s quilt. I would also like to get some exercise in also. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. When we were kids my mom had a recipe for gingerbread cookies that were made with coffee in them. I finally found a recipe for that and may try that in the next couple weeks. I hope everyone has a nice day.
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:49 am

Good Dark & Snowie Morning..............

Well our first snow snuck in with out me knowing it was coming!

Well no sleep for me last night.....so I got up at 4 & did some paperwork & uglies. Now I'm having my 2ed mug of tea & there are spice muffins in the oven.

I did my best to help the economy today I bought 2 'jelly rolls' & a pack of fat quarts of sewing prints. I'd like to make some more 'jelly roll' tote bags. Good to have on hand for gifts.

It's getting light now....I can see the the inch of snow out there.

Lois.......Have fun in your sewing room.

Suzette......happy you found your cookie recipe. I bet it smells wonderful.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:24 am

BRR!! A chilly morning here. Should be a nice day when the sun wakes up.
The lqs has 30% off of all fabrics yesterday and today. I picked up a bolt of midnight blue from Northcott. It is a very rich blue. I use it in most of my qov's. I love to make blue and white quilts and have a lot around the bedrooms. The lqs ordered some of a line I love so I already have most of what I need for a king. BUT with a sale, I picked up some more yardage from Andover fabrics called Moonstone by Eydta Sitar from Laundry basket quilts. After Christmas I want to start a floating star by Nancy Scott.

Today hope to start decorating for Christmas.

Suzette-- Ginger cookies made with coffee sound great-add chocolate chips and you can count me in.

Enjoy the day.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:42 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here yet still early
We have had 3 busy days filled with family love & food Such great times
I got all
My wreaths & wall hangers up yesterday also did mantel & hearth Only left the tree & village & Im not sure I will do them
Have no laundry todo did a load yesterday too
Suz I would love those cookies probably I love ginger cookies
LoisIm sure your garlands are so neat Would love to see them
Kathy So sorry you can’t sleep It helps to heal the body
Diane Glad you found your fabric
Must get going Sun just popped out Have a Green Day everyone. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:03 am

Good Morning all. It is cold but going into the high 30s. Pulled out my boot and winters we are going to split some firewood today We have none and son#2 will go as he wants fires in the shop too. Ken has a wood stove out there, The predictions will be that we are in for a hard winter with gas prices going way up. so we will use the fireplace to warm the winter nights...It is cozy and my kids always want a fire when they come over, I do fires during the day when I have downstairs things to do too. They even fight over the spot right in front, (used to be the cats spot) Not sure how much we will get split..it is all cut and aged,we just need the splitter out and that is my job..I split and the boys load the truck.
When we get home the decorating returns..I got the mantle done and the village populated and lit.. Garland and lights on the mantle too. All the quilts are clean and out. and my bed chnged from Fall to Christmas, Today I will bring more bins up after we get home. Might get the kitchen done and the march of the snowmen. I hope yoou all have a great day, We are expecting and inch of snow here too but I doubt it will stick around
XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:58 am

Good morning

We had a marathon game of Mexican Train last night and were up way past my bedtime, plus we are in mountain time zone now. So I overslept a bit. We are moving on today to a state park west of Tucson where we will stay 2 nights. We have 5 more nights to travel w/ Al & Tina before we get to Austin where we will stay and they will go on to FL to their friends for the holidays.

Judi, I woman who cuts her own firewood is twice warmed. 😸

Have a great day!

Mary z
>^+^<

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:44 am

Good morning All
Finally on my feet again. Since I was down for 2.5 weeks I have been trying to get my house decorated. Got all done this morning. Now I need to finish shopping. I got gift bags for a lot of stuff. I did not know how long it would take to get back on my feet. I still need to get pets gifts and My X whose name is Jim a couple of things. O and my sisters gift cards.
I have not been sewing but will get in there today.
Maryz Sounds like you are having a good time. Wish I could take off and go somewhere.
Judi We burn wood all winter. However our wood guy up and quit without warning. Jim found a guy who sold us a couple of large pickup loads. so I think we are good to go.
Kathy I have not been sleeping well either. Darn leg does spasms for two hours every night. We think we got it figured out I am low on vitamin d. I hope your sleep gets better.
Lois I could use help getting my sewing room cleaned. I had started when leg took a dump.
Well I am going to get more coffee then sew
You all have a great sewing day and be careful out there
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:50 am

Good chilly morning!

We are bright and clear and cold! Darn, but no snow!

Well, I won't keep boring you with Michael updates daily. This will be the last for awhile. He is doing remarkably well. Went from the time he got up, to bedtime with no additional O2. Still needs a minimal amount at night while he is asleep. The PT cleared him for anything he wants to do. Michael gets winded easily, but that is disappearing as well.

So, more letting Christmas out of the boxes. Dickens is coming along slowly . I am still working on CR.

Aaron is on duty today. The new job will start the background check, done for all police type jobs on Monday. That check doesn't take very long, only a few days.

Do fun things!

And what Chriss said yesterday, watch carefully, especially when you are out in crowds. Around my house it's called street smarts, or as Aaron says, Spideysense!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”