Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THANKSGIVING DAY Thursday November 25

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

THANKSGIVING DAY Thursday November 25

Post by TeresaK » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:36 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY to you all!!!!
Sending you all warm wishes from my home to yours and from my heart to yours for a very Happy Thanksgiving! May this day be a beautiful reminder of the wonderful things in life. The happiness of good friends, the joy of a happy family, and the wonder of the holiday season. Have a memorable thanksgiving!"

I absolutely LOVE what Shirley Mae said so much that I copied it here. Something to think on every single day. Make every moment count!!
Don’t rush through life – it’s a journey, not a race. Trust in the goodness of people. Work harder than everyone else does. Forgive and forget. Tell someone you love them every day, be honest and kind. Laugh whenever you can and leave your worries behind. Be honorable and live today like it was your last.

fabricgirl

Re: THANKSGIVING DAY Thursday November 25

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:40 am

Good morning Teresa and all who follow,

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your family .
We are going to have a quiet day both Children are staying home and are going to start making some of there own traditions.
I will be watching the things I like and Bill will be watching football.
It will be great of corse I will be talking to them but this will be our day.

Teresa yes that is a nice thing Shirley Mae wrote I would Love to make a copy of it.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all enjoy the feast and enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. What was share by Shirley Mae and Teresa is exactly how I feel. I am very Thankful for this wonderful group. I look forward to our chats every day.
Quiet time here, too. We decided to eat our meal at about 5pm, so no preparations until later.
Enjoy your day with family or just chilling out.
🦃🥧
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:07 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.
I hope everyone enjoys whatever they have planned for the day. Forget the scale today and eat a taste of those wonderful meals and desserts.
Have fun!!!!
Diane

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:25 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Teresa, thank you for copying here that little msg I posted in a msg earlier this week. My sister sent that to me, she got it from an obituary in the paper. It certainly is good words to live by. I like what you wrote today too. Hi Vel and Lois and all who follow. Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family, friends, and good food and happy gatherings for all.

Alas, I have been up most of night with Rod again. Drs don't know what is wrong with him, my DD3 and I are beginning to believe maybe he is becoming lactose intolerant. One dr thought maybe food poisoning is also a possiblity but shouldn't that be gone by now??? But they don't give him anything for it, if it is that. So many tests have been run to rule out anything with deadly consequences. Can't get in for scope down throat until Dec. Need prayers again folks. Seems like someone in my family always is needing prayers. But thanks for caring and thinking about us and praying for us.

We were supposed to meet family at a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner today. That is certainly not going to happen for us. He needs a bathroom nearby, and so sick and weak again. Can barely get out of bed this am. I won't go without him and leave him home alone like this. I know the family will be upset but can't be helped. We usually have a dinner at our house, so thankful not this yr.

WE do have so much to be thankful for, so much has happened in the past yr that changed our lives. Our moving to AZ away from the cold weather in MO, our buying a home in Sun City, AZ, our 2 little lovable but mischievous kitties, our marriage of 57 yrs, and for the most part fairly good health except for Rod lately.
We are so thankful for our friends like all of you, our neighbors all the places we have lived, and our family now scattered all over in 5 states. Thank you, dear Lord , for all we have, let us be kind and generous and sharing with others in need.

God bless you all today and all your tomorrows too. Prayers for healing for the sick, comfort and peace for everyone no matter their need, and HOPE for the world to become a kinder, softer, more gentle place to live.

Love and hugs across the miles, Shirley Mae, Rod and the kittycats (They got hungry at 4 am today.)

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:48 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone
We are so blessed & have so much to be thankful for I too wish for more love in our World & forgiveness I am very thankful for everyone here may your day be blessed
Enjoy your loved ones or just a relaxing day. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 am

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday‘s run was plagued with more dense fog and then 30 mph winds hitting us broadside as we cross the Mojave Desert. But we made it to Arizona and are camped on the desert with my sister and brother-in-law. We enjoyed a large pizza with everything last night to celebrate Tina‘s birthday and today we will pool camper pantries for a Thanksgiving dinner, play dominoes, sit and relax, and enjoy the Desert view.

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful you are all a part of my daily life! I thank Eleanor for that. ❤️

Mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am

Happy Thanksgiving,,,your all up early or staying up late...We will have a quiet day here,,,Ken and I and our son, we will have turkey pot pie for dinner, I will make a salad to go with it, We had our big TG dinner last sunday. The week went by fast here,
I decorated the outside yesterday just the porch, same as last year, I redid the big wreath that hangs on the windows with new ornaments and Ken hung it and set the timer, all lights up at 5 and goes off at 11, It is so bright and cheerful.
Today is mostly a relax day, I will bring up the fall bin and pack away the fall decor to make room for the village on the mantle. Nothing is new excepr for 2 new people. (A lady showing a book to another lady) they reminded me of someone I share books with all the time. I always start with the mantle and work my way around the house, I will get the tree done next week. It is a grand transformation .
My thoughts today turned to the people who are no longer posting on the forum I hope they are doing ok. Holidays can be a sad time for some,,,My prayers are for them. I am thankful for what I have and those in my life.XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 am

Morning
Today I turn 60. It's been years since my b-day was on Thanksgiving. DDIL doing half the cooking, nice treat. Joe didn't get in til 7 pm last night. But so thankful he's home safe. DS1 either last night or this morning.
Turkey is a 15 pounder, unstuffed. I use the Reynolds turkey cooking bags. Makes a good turkey, mess easy to clean, and cuts cooking time in half.
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:30 am

Happy Birthday! Our son's Birthday 🎂 is tomorrow. On the year he was born it fell on Saturday, but now and again it falls on Thanksgiving.
Have a very happy day!!! 🦃🎂🎂🎂🦃💝
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”