Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, November 23

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Tuesday, November 23

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 am

Good Morning! Getting closer to Thanksgiving. Don't need a lot of groceries, but today is our grocery day, so off we go when it opens at 7. Exercise first, then shopping. Hoping to have time to tie quilts today.
Got my SS box yesterday. Now the anticipation starts. 😉
Going to get coffee ☕☕. Have a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday, November 23

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:50 am

Morning Vel & all to follow
Morning mass today. Then groceries. After that just puppy time.
Puppy had good check up yesterday and last puppy shots plus rabies.
Tractor has new tire.

Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 am

Good morning everyone sunny here at 25
Got lots done yesterday Mammo & Dr visit DGeneral library & eggs & cool whip
Made my cranberry salad going to do my pumpkin pies Got my turkey breast ready to cook
Velda Happy shopping
Flo I know you love your puppy
Have a great day & happy Thanksgiving to all Probably won’t make it here tomorrow
Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning, off to training very soon

Still need to get rolls and cool whip, our dinner will be on Friday

Today's questions

How do you make your stuffing and how do you make your cranberries

Have a great day

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:34 am

Hi Chiss
My answer to your question ❓ I cheat these days. Stove top stuffing and Ocean Spray cranberry gel. My whole family prefers it, so all is good 👍
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 am

Good morning

We are in central California this morning and should make Bakersfield later this afternoon.

SHARONA I read all your menu yesterday and you said you do this all yourself?!? And so are considering not doing it ever again? May I suggest you don’t cancel the family dinner, your scale back your menu, ask people to contribute some of the dishes. And ready-made foods are not a sin especially on Thanksgiving. I don’t make rolls anymore I use Rhodes frozen rolls. They are more than excellent, at least they are better than mine. And ready made pies are so convenient when you are pushed for time. Or when camping! And appetizers before a large meal has never made sense to me. You fill up before you fill up. Or you can make your gathering desserts only, or potluck finger foods. Lots of ways to still have good eats and enjoy your family too and not be exhausted

Chris, I have to say my dressing comes from a package. No giblets go on my plate or anybody else’s plate at my house. The most I will do is cook them up for the cat. I add celery, onion, a little butter seasoning, and broth. And I never ever stuff the bird though these days I don’t cook whole birds anyway. I bake the dressing on the side. And at our house our cranberries come from a can. Yes! I said it - a can! Everybody prefers that over homemade. I used to prefer the jellied kind but I think I like whole berry now better.

Flo, sounds like all is good at your house. Your truck drivers will be home for Thanksgiving wont they!

Becca, glad you got those pesky errands done. I finally realized DG meant dollar general, not drugstore. Lol! Have a great Time with your family!

Velda, your first Thanksgiving in your new home. What a wonderful thing to get thanks for

We have another 350 miles ahead of us today. We don’t normally like to travel that many miles in one day but we are meeting my sister in Arizona and they will be arriving today.

Enjoy all the preparation! If you’re not enjoying them, do things differently – make new traditions. Subway sells turkey sandwiches I believe! Lol!

Mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 am

Good Morning, bright sunny and 22 here, baby its cold outside...
Chris I use pepperidge farms seasoned cubes and add celery onions and chicken broth. I taste and if it needs I add more sage. I buy fresh cranberries and 1 orange,,I add the juice of and orange zest with water and sugar to the berries in a sauce pan. Cook untill thick and deep in color,,,the cranberries pop and I mash them with a spoon, it will gel up in the fridge some and takes only maybe 20 minutes from start to finish,,,yummy.
I did make it to HL yesterday and got all my replacement greenery and a few other trinkets,,,(how could I resist) I dont know about your area but I noticed more decorations up more people shopping for Christmas stuff..the atmostfere is getting festive earlier this year,,,Christmas music on the radio, I think this past year has been so depressing with the economy (inflation) Covid and the border and all the bad news, people are just sick of it and turning to Christmas to make us all feel better,,,Its working for me I know. I am itching to get the house decorated and so many people have their lights on and trees up. I am headed to the Christmas storage room today t see if I can get the outside light out...maybe start getting the village out too....I do need another cuppa coffee to get me going hope your day is fill with hope for a brighter holiday.........XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOoPs this year we had thanksfamily on sunday,,,I prepared all the usual dishes and desserts and did it all myself...I asked the girls to bring drinks and they all did...but I have to say at 75 years old this year it took its toll on me...I am with Maryz I may change it up next year and have them do sides and desserts.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:24 am

Sometimes we are a guest at a large holiday gathering. And I have to say, as a guest, I feel awkward if I arrive with nothing to contribute. I want to bring something so I appreciate getting “an assignment“ Or a request. Plus, it allows me to do a little holiday cooking, too!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning everyone!
I'm loving reading all your holiday goings on. Here too were busy getting ready.
The menu for Thanksgiving here is Turkey and dressing, ham and scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans with bacon, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, a veggie tray that Easton is making ❤❤, rolls, Waldorf and Watergate salads, olives and also crock pots will be set up with little smokies and meatballs and they'll be chips and dips and crackers and cheeses and tortillas roll up things for munching on before in case anyone gets hungry. There will also be pumpkin and pecan pies, most likely a coconut cream pie, cinnamon rolls, maybe poppy seed rolls and everything made from scratch including my pie crusts LOL yes I'm crazy but I enjoy doing it all and I do get help from DH, the kids and grands... they love doing it all too. This year we're eating at 4 to 5 so Maria can be with her family first and so far everyone is happy it's later so they can do both sides of their family so this may stick for future Thanksgivings.
Chriss I make my dressing with a package of Mrs Cubbison's, staled white bread pieces, sometimes I add cornbread I've made, sage, celery, carrots, eggs, Turkey drippings and/or chicken broth, some times I add butter depending if it's dry or not. I don't think I make mine exactly the same ever LOL just add whatever and how much I guess LOL
Well it's spa day for Duncan and Rosie so they can be all clean for Thanksgiving too. Then we have to go get the last minute fruits and veggies so they're fresh and a few last minute things I've been adding to a list so I don't have to leave the house for a week! Let all the other people go out I'm staying home. I didn't hardly shop this year, just mostly made things for Christmas and I'm about ready to start wrapping that up.
Those freighters in the harbor all backed up and the shipping and storage companies reporting record breaking profits in the billions has really disgusted me on how much America buys from other countries and not from each other here. So I'm trying to do my part in not supporting that as much as I possibly can.
I gotta run, don't want the doggies late for their fluff and fold 😂🤣
You all have a great day and Happy happy healthy to you all Thanksgiving!
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 am

Chris My dressing is bread crumbled usually 4 days ahead to dry outI add turkey broth eggs sage Tad of salt pepper mix & bake
My cranberry is cranberry salad & cranberry sauce my cranberry salad is jello cherry& strawberry mixed celery nuts pineapple orange & apple Very tasty
Happy Thanksgiving to you & Jerry
Becca

Return to “Sew ins”