Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, November 23

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Tuesday, November 23

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:26 am

Oh yes forgot the cranberry sauce, it's just the canned here, that's what they like.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 am

Good morning!

My stuffing, yes, stuffing, goes in the bird to cook and since that is not enough, there's a additional pan that we bake. I buy the generic store, unseasoned dry bread cubes. Saute lots of celery and onions, in butter. The day before, I cook the neck and make a stock. Ever since I was a small child, we have always used a very specific poultry seasoning - it's named Bell's Poultry Seasoning. Hard to find, but Amazon carries it. So I shred the neck meat, add it to the bread cubes, add the sauted veggies, turkey stock to moisten and the seasoning. All my kids do it the same way, even my nieces do it this way, the way my mom did it all those years. As to cranberries - Sarah has done from scratch, but usually it's the Ocean Spray jellied can. In fact Aaron asked specifically to make sure it was not the chunky kind. I have kids that are very traditionalists and certain things have to stay the same, but we do slip in something new every once in a while.

My accomplishment list went very well yesterday! Let me share a small part -
Uglies done- ✔
Michael cleared for stairs - ✔
Michael spending most of the day with no extra O2 - ✔
Michael down to 1/2 liter of O2 at night - ✔
All fall decorations packed away - ✔

It was a very good day here, I would say!

On my Accomplishment list for today is the great dust bunny war, ready the horizontal surfaces for all the Christmas decorations. We are starting early, with my front room, where my Dickens village goes. Putting that village up and getting all the buildings lit is a Michael thing. Since it takes him normally awhile, it will be first. This room is decorated with a theme - red and white, candy canes, a white tree, decorated with red ornaments and candy canes and red bows. All those decorations are stored in the office closet, so they are easy to get out.

Time to get going, I amrunning late today,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 am

Good Morning Girls

Bright and sunny... no snow in the forecast...no travel worries! All quiet in the house. Today is my flu shot day so will be jumping in the shower soon to go get that done.. then off to the sewing machine Dr. for my poor Nomi!

Velda.. Oh yes.. I'm starting to count days until we can open our SS gifts! 17 Days!!! If I remember correctly opening starts December 10th. I'll have to go back and check my own rules!

Flo... do you go to morning mass every day? Once all of us kids were out of the house.. my Mom started going to mass every day.. I think she thought we all needed as much help as we could get!

Becca... You are having a quieter Thanksgiving day? That's all I need for dinner.... Turkey, Cranberries and pumpkin pie!

Chriss... I'm not a fan of stuffing so I usually don't make it. I used to make a Weight Watchers recipe for Cranberry relish that I loved! Fresh cranberries (chopped up) a couple tablespoons of orange juice concentrate (not diluted), sweetener, a mashed ripe banana, tiny chopped apple and maybe tiny chopped orange. It was so good. Now I'm lazy and just grab a can!

Maryz.... I'm with you... when a can or store bought is as good or better than home made why not! Sounds like you are making good time.. Will you stay in AZ for a few days with your sis? Let's hope she has no boo-boos this trip!

Judi.... There is something about getting older that sure makes me not so ambitious to put on a big meal! I love having the company, but am so glad Kris is here for the baking etc this year. I bet you had a fun trip to HL.. even if I don't need more Christmas Decor... I sure like looking at it! Not sure what we'll do for decor this year! I'm going to leave it to the kids I think.

Tina... Holy Moly! You have a lot of food going on there! How many people are you feeding? The whole neighborhood? :lol: :lol: Normally we have late dinner here too. Kevin and Sara go to her folks for early dinner then come here for dessert, but this year we are doing it earlier so Kris's dad get hit the road and head back to Wisconsin before it gets too late he has to drive in the dark. That means I need to get turkey in the oven early!

Time to get in gear...

Wishing you all a Tremendous Tuesday!

womster

Post by womster » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 am

Good morning!!

I feel much less overwhelmed by getting some good rest yesterday. It amazes me how much better and brighter everything is! Today is more cleaning and getting the turkey brined.

Maryz - We get as much premade stuff as we can from Costco - the potatoes and gravy, and they had cornbread stuffing this year. So all I'm doing is making the bread and the pies. We so agree with appetizers - DH won't eat them and I won't either this year. I will take your advice and spread things out more next time. I'm really to blame for all the work. Once I realized our dog was not long for this world, I went into a depression and only did enough cleaning to keep the health department at bay. So I really had a LOT of cleaning to do. That's why I'm so ding dang tired!

Chriss - we do a combo of whatever dressing Costco has and Stove Top. Next time it will probably only be Stove Top, because that seems to be what people like best. We also do cranberry from a can - I'm the only one who eats it anyway. My favorite recipe uses fresh cranberries and oranges. Ocean Spray used to have a cran/raspberry sauce that was delicious!

Val - due to my strokes, my DH has a much better memory than me. I can remember stuff from long ago, but mid-term and short-term memories are quite the adventure!

Best get busy - DH is waiting to get the tables set up and I need to assist. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”