Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November22, 2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday November22, 2021

Post by womster » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:04 am

Good morning!

Looks like yesterday was a lost day for me. I hit the ground running and went to Walmart before church. The rest of the day and evening is a blur. I think this will be our last big family meal that we do. Even without cooking much, it's so much work to get everything cleaned up and ready. (I'll be 65 in Jan and DH will be 75 in July - but he runs rings around me!) DH has been out raking pine needles for four days, and he hasn't even made a dent! We're having deep fried turkey, baked turkey and the smoked bacon turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing relish tray, rolls (which I made yesterday and froze) and dilly bread (dill and onion) from my mom's recipe. Plus a cheese ball and I made chex mix yesterday. And three different pies and a cake for desserts, which I will make Wednesday. We're eating at 12:30 so people can get back home at a decent time.

Becca - I like the idea of breaking it up. If we had all the kids/grandkids, we would be at 26.

Kathy - I'm so sorry to hear about your mammogram. I will be praying for you. And for your family and friends to get in touch.

Maryz - safe travels!

Y'all are such a blessing to me - thank you for being there! xoxo Sharona

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:19 am

Having some me time at Starbucks. Tea and a brownie.

Maryz safe travels. 350 miles is a bit of a stretch for me these days
Judi glad you had some family time.
Flo hoping just routine visit for the puppies. Yes, prices are through the roof.
Izzy German cucumber salad sparks some memories. Dad used to make it when we were kids.
Lois I have never heard of cheese stuffing? I love cheese though
Becca that is quite a meal. Glad you don't have to make all that now .
Jana would have loved to hear your lesson. What a great idea.
Maryq wishing you a marvelous Monday too!
Kathy Downey on the floor, yes that would take a bit to clean up. I was getting an egg out of the fridge that is in my sewing room this AM. If course I bumped it on the sewing table and yes it broke. I had to scoop it all up in my hands and run to the kitchen without it dripping on the carpet.
Sharon my DH is a bit older than me. He is better physically but his memory needs a jolt!
Chriss congrats on the weight loss. I need to get through the holidays and then will focus on this in the new year.

We are having Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravey. Broccoli out of the garden. Probably Waldorf salad. Pie (not sure what kind yet). DH has also invited a friend of our for the past 47 or so years. Maybe a bit longer. High school friend. I love him to death but he has severe depression so a negative person. But I will get through it. Wish he would accept help.

Started sewing the binding on my TATW last night! Than got a knot in the thread. Black binding with black thread. I put it away until today.

Well guess I should get on my way.e time over.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 am

Happy Thanksgiving week.
Busy with errands today just DH and me for Turkey Day. Doing a turkey breast. Lots more room for cooking in condo. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lit or tree last night. Was going to wait until the weekend, but we watched a Hallmark movie. Just felt right to turn it on.
Thanksgiving memories. Oh, my, too many to remember. Not enough room to type them all.
Going dancing again tonight. Making new memories is the most fun!
Had to come back to finish. Needed to get my rings checked to keep warranty up to date at Kay's.
Back to memories: I loved cooking the big meal with a house full of kids and adults. Now they all live too far away. Kids all grown up. Brian, the only one who lives in Illinois, has the two Marines, away from home. We invited him to come and be with us, but plans are to spend his time with Girlfriend and her kids in Wisconsin. So will jabber with the kids on phone that day.
Hope you all enjoy your day.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Good evening, I will be off to training tomorrow so I thought I would catch up today.

After training today I came home and went into town and got my hair cut, got gas and a few groceries. I to go Great Clips and get the same girl each time. She reminds me of Marilyn so it's fun to talk to her. She's cute.

Maryz, I remember one grandma stuffed her turkey, the other grandma put hers in a roaster separately. I learned one is stuffing one is dressing even if they have the same recipe. My favorite "I'm hungry later" dish from TG is a roll some turkey and cranberry sauce. Kind of a slider. My ex's family always had ravioli with their turkey and all the rest of the regular dinner sides.

Judi, did you get the greenery that you were looking for? I saw a lot of stuff at Big Lots, do they have that store where you are? It was all 20% off. They had some cute things. Glad you have the roasters and such put away. Now will you go someplace on Thursday?

Flo, I bet you make your own pasta sauce from scratch? I bet it not only makes the house smell good it tastes wonderful.

Izzy, cucumber salad sounds interesting. I think you make a few Dishes and not Fishes. Love that you are putting up the tree with the kids. DGS will love growing up with that tradition.

Lois, We also got to have a smidgen of wine with TG dinner as kids. what is Italian cheese stuffing? I hadn't heard of baked potatoes for TG dinner. When I was eating carbs I could have lived on baked potatoes, loaded with chives, bacon, cheese, butter and sour cream. Not sure if I found the perfect hair cut but it's cut and isn't making me look like a cocktail waitress from the 70's

Becca, I've heard of lots of veggies creamed, my grandma always creamed peas. but I have never heart of creamed potatoes. I love that your TG lasts a week. your feast sounds wonderful.

Jana, It's great to be the cool aunt. Bet your uncle was in the dog house for a while after picking up the chisel. Brat. Love the lesson about 1%, smart to break tasks down. Taking too much on at one time can make a job frustrating. As for being a loser I hear you are a loser too. I really would like to see your before and after pictures, I'll share mine if you share yours. I bet you look great. I hear Kathy lost some weight also, would love to see her pictures too. Yay for Michael, soon he will be jogging up those steps.

Maryq, is that desk all cleaned off? I also love cranberry stuff. Growing up we always had the cranberry junk in a can, the kind with ridges as it slid out. Jerry makes a cranberry orange nut jello too much sugar thing that I dearly love. Here a ham is easily $2.50 per pound. I like a bone in ham rather than the spiral hams. They are hard to find. If it was me I would add ham to those scalloped potatoes, yum.

Kathy, Sorry about the Downy, I once spilled an entire pot of coffee. Just clumsy old us. We make my grandma's stuffing. Jimmy Dean sausage with sage, onion, celery, bread cubes and top it off with chicken broth to keep it moist. Grandma used to put the neck and innerds in it but I am not going to peel the meat off of the neck bones, too much work. Lights in the windows will make it festive at your place. Did you pick up your sandwich?

Sharona, my goodness that is a lot of food. and a whole lot of work for you. I vote for pot luck next year at someone elses house.. Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Valerie, it can be exhausting to be around negative people, or people who always expect the worst. Makes you just want to smack them doesn't it? Everyone should take time to have tea and a brownie, hope yours was very relaxing.

Velda, sometimes a quiet holiday is a nice holiday, yours sounds great, you can spend the entire day in your slippers.

We are having Turkey, dressing, cranberry jello stuff, some kind of a green veggie, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls and pies. Not sure what kind of pies Jerry will make but I do know one will be pumpkin. My big memory is when I finally got to sit at the grownup table. Grandma had a card table at the end of the big table for the kids. As a kid it was a big thing to move up to the big table. Looking back I now realize I moved up as people passed on.

Not much else is new here. I hope you all have a great night and sleep well.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to โ€œSew insโ€