Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday November22, 2021

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Monday November22, 2021

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 am

On my way out the door but gotta know

What will be on your Thanksgiving table

What is the dish or dishes that is the one that brings back memories

Have a great day
Chriss
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday November22, 2021

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 am

Good morning

Chris, have a good day. You will be busy today. We already had one Thanksgiving dinner of lasagna. On Thanksgiving day will be a turkey breast we are doing in the Dutch oven out on the desert. Will share with my sister and brother-in-law. Not sure about side dishes yet but we’re kind of going with not homemade foods this year since will be camping with no power. Instant mashed potatoes, boxed gravy, Ready-made piecrust, etc. But my mom’s turkey, when I was a kid, I was always the most memorable part of our meal. The biggest turkey she could find, usually over 25 pounds. The day before she trusted my little sister and me with big sharp knives the dice up bread and celery for homemade dressing. I still recall her getting up in the middle of the night to stuff the turkey and put it in the oven. Holiday meals were always served at about one or two in the afternoon. Otherwise, she said it was just like any other day. Anyone who was hungry later in the evening have plenty of leftovers to choose from. I suspect my memories are very much like most other folks. Except they are mine!😸

Today we are traveling another 350 miles. Hope everyone has a great day

Mary z

PS. Chriss congratulations on more weight loss! You are certainly great inspiration.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 am

Good Morning,,we had a great "Thanksfamily" dinner yesterday. We missed one grandson who was out hunting, and one gran daughter and family but it was crowded and fun,,,,we ate lot of food and I just got up/
Last summer when a pipe broke in my Christmas storage room I lost a bin full of greenery,,garlands and stems, I am going to hobby lobby today to see about some replacements, might stop at Joann to see their assorements too. (No other Christmas stuff was harmed)
I have some cleaning to do first..and to put away all the roasters and holiday items,,,big roaster and platters are stored downstairs since they are only used at thanksgiiving, all the dishes were done last night, well I need to get dressed. and get som e coffee,,,hope you are all happy and have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOPs Maryz my memories of thanksgiving were the same,,,the biggest turkey eaten at 2 in the afternoon with turkey and dressing sandwiches in the evening while we watch some kind of movie Usually at my Polish grammas house or my one Aunt on my fathers side.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:20 am

Morning
Today I take puppy to vet. Then off to Joplin to have tractor tire replaced
Thanksgiving I usually have lasagna with turkey & trimmings, but with prices high, no lasagna thus year. I will make it for Christmas.
Flo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning Chriss since I am a German we mix some fishes like my son loves a German cucumber salad I make and of course some home made croissants the size of your hand then it’s the American tradition turkey dressing giblet gravy mashed taters Mac n cheese for the grand and ddil pies I make homemade apple cranberry
SS is getting close can’t believe it’s almost December crazy going to put u tree on thanksgiving day a first we are starting new tradition so kids can help decorate it now that Its artificial tree we always did real cedar but we are letting them grow to size on farm again

Nothing else new bonded three lap quilts for nursing home this morning 8 more to go then will tie and bind last 6 and deliver for Christmas 🎄

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:53 am

Good morning Everyone,

My fondest memories was the big turkey cooking with the Italian cheese stuffing and the baked potatos and I can't remember everything but you Alway new it was a holiday because we all got a taste of the grape with dinner along with a little 7up in it.
Today its raining and I have to go to hobby lobby I'm out of 1 fabric I was using for the garland string I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞that it's still there.
Chriss thank for start today.

Well thats all the news hereEveryone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Chriss I hope you find Just the right haircut.

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here but it early
Sitting at Hospital waitting on Mamogram
We will have turkey breast creamed potatoes and green beans We had our biggest meal yesterday with Our DD & family
We used to have at least a turkey n dressing Ham creamed potatoes sweet potatoe soufflé green beans broccoli black eyed peas limas pickles olives deviled eggs cranberry salad cranberry sauce pumpkin pie carmal cake chocolate chip cookies oatmeal cookies pecan pie iced tea & water I made it all but not anymore We always had about 21 we now have different families At a time to break it up
Everyone have a great week.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for each of you. Hugs Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning!

Thanksgiving was always at my Aunt's home. My grandmother lived with her. We had all the usual trimmings with a turkey. There is one Thanksgiving that I remember well. My Aunt was a very good cook and read in a magazine that if you want a juicy turkey that you make a thick paste of flour and water and then cover the whole bird with that paste, then bake. So my Aunt did that, quite a thick coating and the paste formed a very hard shell. So hard in fact, my uncle, went out to his shop and got his hammer and a chisel to break open the shell! Don't remember if the turkey was juicy or not. My Aunt was not very appreciative of my uncle doing that , as he was laughing the whole time.

Sarah and Ethan will be down today. Ethan wants to bake and with Sarah's oven acting up, my house will be baking central. It will smell yummy here!

We will do the big dinner at Sarah's. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green stuff, peas, gingered carrots, gravy, olives, stuffed celery sticks with cheese, and homemade rolls. For our bubbly, it's seven up, either plain, or cherry flavored with a maraschino cherry, served in stemware crystal. This year, we couldn't find a large 25 lb turkey, so we are cooking two smaller ones. Good thing, Sandee lives right across the street and we have the code for her house!. We are at least 20 for dinner. Some of my other nieces and their families may be here as well. I am now the Aunt that they all want to come to, for Thanksgiving.

Not much going on here. Sewing, cooking, sewing, cooking the rest of the week.

Michael is still gaining back to where he was before. A great thing! He can't do stairs alone yet, so the big boys will help him, being there to hold onto his belt, to steady and not allow him to fall. We have 4 steps out to my garage and 4 steps into Sarah's house.

I had to get a sub for my RS lesson this upcoming Sunday. This lesson was a address from Conference that I really enjoyed getting ready, but a friend will teach it now for me. This lesson was 9n how changing just 1 percent of something you are struggling with, can and does make big gains. Like reading your scriptures and you forget to do that each morning, so you set out to make up for all the lost time, trying to read it all at once. But if you break it down to 1 percent of the total, that makes it so you can do a few pages or chapters or verses and succeed. Even list making works this way. Don't call a To Do list, but call it an Accomplishment list! Our Chriss, here on QIAD, is a great example of how to succeed, a little, which becomes a lot, at a tme!

So Chriss, "weigh" to go on the continued weight loss! New hair styles are fun to try. I am looking forward to see what you choose. I can't wait to lop off mine, which is down to the middle of my back, maybe a bit more, to cutting it off , up to my shoulders. I have a picture to show the new girl how I want to wear it. It will be what is called, long layers.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday! Yeah for me I'm up, and dressed (not a "shower day" :lol: ) got my coffee and have a semi-plan for the day!

Chriss... Thanksgiving dinner here will be Turkey, Ham (because Shawn doesn't like turkey) Scalloped potatoes and maybe mashed too. Cranberries of course, beans or some other veggie. :lol: :lol: Since Kris enjoys the cooking etc part.. I'm taking care of the turkey and she's doing every thing else. Her Mom is bringing stuffing. I'm sure there will be pumpkin pie and maybe some fruit! I think I'll be mostly clean-up committee! :lol: :lol: Have you looked on Pinterest for hair cuts? That's my go-to place!

Maryz.... It's all about the memories! I have such wonderful memories of Thanksgivings and Christmases growing up. Now it's my job to make good memories for my kids and grand kids! Love the picture of your boys! Alex sure looks like his Dad! And Drew is pretty darn cute too! :lol: When do you think you will hit Autumn's? I know it will take a while!

Judi... Sounds like you were pretty lucky that all you lost of Christmas decor was some garland! If you lived close by I'd share some of mine! I have a TON of garland and if you need BOWS ( :lol: :lol: ) I have a ton of those too! Last time I was at HL they had all sorts of beautiful Christmas Decor, but I was a good girl... and didn't buy any more.

Flo... Lasagna is so good! It's usually a Christmas Eve meal here. Or I'll make pasties.

Izzy.... Apple cranberry? Gosh that sounds delicious. I love cranberry stuff! Almost time to bake up my Mom's Cranberry bread!

Lois,... Hope you find the fabric you are looking for. That's why I always buy more than I need! :lol: :lol:

Becca... Holy Moly... that's quite a menu! And you did it all yourself!?? Aren't you glad you've passed that job down to others!

Jana... Oh gosh... stuffed celery with cheese... that sure brings up a memory of watching my Dad make his celery stuffing... 1/2 cream cheese and 1/2 bleu cheese! SO good... I just might have to add that to my grocery list! So great to hear Michael is improving!

Normally about now I need to fill my coffee cup, but I got smart this morning and filled a big travel mug! and Normally I'm ready to head down to the sewing machine, but I'm DETERMINED to clean up my office today... it's just gotten way out of hand. Christmas boxes and wrapping paper all over and I can barely see the top of my desk.! SO that's on today's to-do list... if I get time later, I'll go sew. Nothing urgent for right now. Tomorrow I'll take my Janome to the Dr. after I stop for my flu shot. Then stop at Target on the way home for groceries... If I time it just right, Brennen will be home from school and can help me unload! :D

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:45 am

Good Cloudy Morning...............

I've have a raspberry scented candle burning.....Yankee of course.

I'm going out to the bank & PO and maybe to CVS. Looking forward to some fresh air. Might stop for a sandwich for my dinner.

After spilling a lot of Downey on the floor, it needs one more wash to get rid of the film on the wood floor.

Chriss......have a good day. No turkey on my table but if I feel like going out on Wed I'd love to get some large shrimp for dinner. I love my bread stuffing with lots of celery & mushrooms. What's your favorite?

Maryz......prayers for a safe trip. Out childhood dinners sound similar. How we ever managed to eat a sandwich for dinner I'll never know. Wonderful photo of you & your DGS's

Judi.......sounds like a wonderful dinner. Sorry you have to replace your greenery. It will be fun to shop.

Flo......it'e always interesting to here the different foods people have for their dinners.

Izzy.........your dinner sound delish. I think I'll put my Christmas lights in the windows on Thanksgiving. Have fun with your tree.

Lois......I've never heard of cheese stuffing, it my be delish.

Becca........praying for good results with your Mamo. Thats sounds like a huge dinner.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”