Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, November 21

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Sunday, November 21

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:31 am

Good morning!

Quite cold here, 28 at last check. It won't be long and I'll think that's balmy! LOL!

Church is a bit later this morning. We are back to watching it here at the house. It's the Primary Children's program.

Not much happening here. After church, I will head down and sew. Michael is still getting back to his old self. From being on the critically ill list at the hospital to being his ornery lovable self is quite the miracle! Indeed, we are extremely thankful in this family!

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 am

Maryz, a lady in my friendship group made that quilt.
It's really cute, and it's big.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 am

Good Morning Girls

This will be a quick hello as it's 10:30 here, I'm still in jammies and need to get butt in gear.. It's sad day a little as my Janome sewing machine konked out on me yesterday. Totally locked up! So tomorrow she goes to the Dr. For now I'm grateful I have my back all cleaned and ready to go. My machine Dr. is always so busy so I'm sure it will be a while before I get "Nomi" back. But like Evie says "you have four machines" :(

Not much other news here.... boys are out hunting.. the girls are just hanging out here. I told Evie I'd pay her to sort scraps, but she doesn't seem to want to jump into that project. :lol: :lol: Can't say I blame her.

I think I need more coffee as my mind just went totally blank!

Lots of prayers to St. Christopher for safe travels for Maryz!

Wishing you all a Marvelous day!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 am

Good Sunny Morning.............

Sorry I've been MIA.....I am just in a really bad place. And now I've failed my Mamo & have to have one done at the hospital in a week or so. My BFF hasn't returned any of my call in 3 months. And my sister has not returned any of my calls. What have I done to these people? I feel like I'm living in an other world. I'm dreading the Holidays. Today while doing laundry I nocked over one of those really big jugs of Downey. Boy does my house smell so good! What a mess to clean up.

It's getting colder & colder here. There's only a few oak leaves left on the trees. I'm happy to have a few new smooth sweatshirts.

Love & Prayers....................Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 am

Good morning

Kathy know that you are in our hearts and will be praying for you. Family issues can be tough, going through a few of my own.

Maryz the lady who is teaching the 40 Fabulous Years class is teaching that quilt next year. Probably starting MAY. She was showing us some of the blocks. She says you really need the ruler. I am going to purchase it early next year.

Chriss the pattern was a fall pattern for TG. The name is Turkey Trot. It's really cute. Guess it doesn't matter as my Elf wouldn't have been able to make it for this year anyway. I did find a pattern to print off.

DBIL arrives today. Many last minute things to do. Gotta get
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:55 am

Good afternoon all! It is a very rainy day here but at least it isn't snow. I only want to see snow on Christmas Eve and I want it gone by December 26th. Got everything ready for winter with propane filled for first time, septic tank cleaned, water system checked, and my car oil changed. So glad my DH taught me how to get ready for winter since he is not here. I sure do miss him. I am just hoping that we have a mild winter but they are not calling for that this year.

Mary - Loved the picture of your grandsons. Have a safe trip. Will check out that quilt pattern but I really don't need anymore.

Jana - So glad Michael is getting better.

Kathy - So sorry you failed your mamo. Hopefully the one at the hospital will give a better result.

Well, better get going to watch some football. My Wolverines won big yesterday, but the really big game comes next week against Ohio State. We haven't beaten them in several years and they are our arch rivals.

Have a good and safe day all!

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Good evening all. Wasn't it a great day today?

I didn't do much of anything. cleaned my sewing room to make space for my next project.

Tomorrow and Tuesday I go to my HICAP training so that will be a long day.

I have been contemplating a new hair cut. With this moist weather my hair gets frizzy. I've purchased anti frizz shampoo but it doesn't help. After I blow dry my hair I look like the cocktail waitress who worked at the bowling alley in the 70's. I think I am going to have it layered from stem to stern. I wish I had an Olivia to come over and do my hair, Lois you are so blessed.

Flo, sorry the parts aren't in. Nice that the kids worry about you, guess you are loved.

Suzette, enjoy the new couch. It's been cold here in the morning's too. We have a thermostat that needs to be reset. Neither Jerry or I have taken the time to do it. When I get up it's easily 60 degrees in this house. Jerry and Moose let me turn up the heat while they stay toasty in bed. Brats.

Lois, that garland is going to be gorgeous. can't wait to see the picture of it.

Diane, how many in the lunch cousin lunch? where did you go? I bet those Santa pictures are just way too cute. Can you share? I would love to see them.

Maryz, I love the picture of you and your boys. What handsome young men. Your face is just glowing and you appear to be a few inches taller. Looks like a great time. Tell Bill he will only miss you for a short time while I pick you up for dinner at Judi's. I have to be home by Friday for dinner with my dad. I saw that Nativity quilt, it's really cute.

Becca, it's good to be you. Thanksgiving 3 days this week and on the 4th day you feast on leftovers. Make sure to give any kids you see a smooch from me.

Judi, how was dinner? Bet you didn't even notice that Maryz and I snuck in, filled our to go boxes and left. We are sneaky that way.

Jana, isn't ornery and loveable a wonderful thing. Glad Michael is doing so well. We are also doing church from home.

Maryq, sorry about your machine. Does Evie realize how important it is to have multiple machines? I only have three but I need them. And I am always looking at others. Hope your machine is home soon.

Kathy, sorry the mamo didn't come back clean. Hopefully the hospital will get a better picture and find it was all a mistake. I'm sorry your sister and friend haven't called you back. And I am sorry I haven't called you either. You have my number and I am here whenever you need to talk. If I don't answer I will call you back. You can also email and text me. Wish I could give you a hug.

Valerie, Turkey Trot is a cute pattern, I just googled it. If I am your elf next year you can send it to me. It looks like something I can handle. Wish I lived closer, I would take that Nativity scene quilt class with you.

Sherry, Hope your games were in your favor and that the snow comes and goes at your will. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have that sports and weather power?

Today I was able to wear a size smaller jeans which I am thrilled about. And the shirt I have on was tight last month and a little loose today. I'm down a few more pounds. I'm just thrilled with myself.

Time for me to hit the showers and get my jammies on. My toes are very cold and the hot water will feel good on them.

You all have a super night,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”