Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday November 16,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday November 16,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:55 am

Good morning Everyone,
We are in the 30's this morning and I'm having coffee .
Today if you have a couple of extra prayers Sandi sure can use them she is having breast surgery they saw a mass on her breast she had a biopsy and they still couldn't tell they are almost sure that it's not so she told them she wanted it out .
So today I will probably do something we will probably go see her tomorrow.
Chriss I ordered the 4" house template and pattern from missouri star I checked the status of my delivery and it say tomorrow for delivery at least that what FedEx said :lol: .

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Tuesday November 16,2021

Post by suzette58 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:22 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I finally got started layering hubby’s quilt. I am so glad. I am not really happy how it turned it out and I keep ignoring it. But, now it isn’t so bad. The wind has finally calmed down. Today we have a couple chores to do and then I will get to work on the quilt and do my exercise. Not much else going on. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 am

Good Morning.
Lois: A pray for Sandi. I agree with her opinion. I would choose to remove it too.
Suzette: Good luck with layering the quilt.
I am busy tying church quilts. I have 7 to finish. All are hemmed. Tying is our last step. I the first of 7 almost finished. Then six more.
After those are finished, then I start on my SIL quilt of Dresdan Plate.
For now: coffee ☕☕☕ is waiting.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 am

Good morning to all.
Today we are helping at the kids house. Fran wants to change the covers on her dining room chairs. The set is over 30 years old and the padding is shot. I remember Michaels used to cover foam-but not now. Does anyone have ideas of where we can get some?

Lois--Prayers for Sandi for negative results from breast operation today.

Hope everyone is keeping warm under cuddly quilts.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:19 am

Good Morning,,it is cold here too. Sky is bright pink as the sun comes up/ I have a few things to do today it is my sisters Birthday,,,the one who is a widow and quilts so I will take her to lunch, the other sisters work so they dont get together, and they are all younger . Busy with their own families. we try to have a sisters(i have 5 sisters)(and 1 brother) luncheon but can never agree on the date, Since Donna is a widow (No children of her own) I try to include her in family stuff.
No quilting here as I havent been home and unbusy to do any, Christmas shopping is my first priority right now. this week I am having the kids for dinner so cleaning the house will start tomorrow. and staring to prep and bake, there will be 15 last count.
Well I need to get busy and get myself ready to leave the house...hope your day is good..XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:28 am

Diane

Joanns fabric sells it.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:29 am

Good morning!

Many prayers for all. That's the first thing.

Sarah's sod is sitting in her driveway. It was delivered last night and the crew laying it will start in about an hour. Those install crews are very quick and should be done in about 3 hours. Sarah's new sod is her company's hybrid. It stays green, grows slow and uses less water. A good thing for living here in the desert.

The Christmas Ribbons quilt is now a Batt Cave project. I need to lay it on the design wall and then sew it row by row. I have never yet, sewn a quilt on point, so this will be something new. Good thing Michael is better, I have run out of projects upstairs. Next week while school is off for TG, Sarah and Sandee will be over to sew a couple of gifts for their friends. Sandee has a beautiful new machine, that lives in it's box. She knows how to sew a teeny bit. Sandee teases me that she needs to come across the street and learn to quilt from me, before I'm dead. Sandee and Scott have lived across the street for the same amount of time as us in this house, almost 10 years.

I can hear the wind and a brush by small storm is supposed to drop a bit of rain this morning. It is the warm before the storm for me right now, it's over 50 degrees. Better enjoy it , snow is coming.

Michael did very well with PT,. He did some climbing of our stairs, but hasn't been cleared yet to do them alone. His O2 number needed is decreasing too. A good thing! We turn it down, about a quarter turn , then watch and see how he does for several days. We started at 3 liters, and now are down to about 1 1/4 liters. Michael is starting the 4th week home from the hospital stay. He is getting antsy to be off his O2 leash and get out of the house once in a while. Me too!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning,

We had quite a windstorm yesterday. 20+ mph winds for 24 hours, hard rain at times. We heard a tree fall in back woods. We'll go check it today. There is a small housing development on the other side of the woods so I hope it didn't fall into anyone's yard. Or worse.

JANA - Sandee couldn't have a better teacher! What kind of machine does she have? On point settings isn't difficult - it's just different. No worries for you! Michael is making progress! Slow and stead wins the race. I still can't believe people who think this is all a hoax. My BFF called me yesterday and said her nephew is 30, dad of two little ones. No underlying health issues. Thought all the Covid 'hype' was just that - hype. Refused to vaccinate. He got Covid, had to be transported 220 miles north, almost to Canada, for an ICU bed, was on a vent for four weeks, survived, and now is home, but doctors say he has a year of PT and other therapies before he regains his former level of health and mobility. And he STILL thinks it's all a hoax!

LOIS - prayers for your Sandy today. She is making the right decision, for sure! Please let us know how she does. God bless.

DIANE - I hope your DIL find what she is looking for. Foam? I see it at Joann's all the time, but she might also talk to an upholstery shop if she doesn't find what she wants.

JUDI - happy birthday to your sister! I hope you have a nice lunch together. It's my sister's birthday on the 24th - and I get to celebrate with her this year! We are meeting in Quartzsite, AZ that day. You have quite a gathering building at your house - is it your Thanksgiving?

VELDA - happy tying! Your fingers may be worn out by the time you finish. What do you use for tying? I've seen everything from yard to embroidery floss. My friend's DD has all her dad's shirts and wants to have a quilt made from them. So her question to me was "what size squares do I cut to make a quilt?" I immediately thought of your DP quilt, but figured that was way too advanced for a newbie. I told her to cut away all the seams and to leave the fabric flat as intact as possible until she talks to the person who is making the quilt and they decide on a pattern before she cuts it up. And to save the pockets, cuffs, collars, buttons, etc in case she wants to use any of that for accents or for throw pillows. I have a faint hunch that I may get called to make this quilt next spring . .

SUZ - good luck layering and quilting your quilt. Is this the one I saw on FB a few weeks ago? I am rarely on FB, but I caught that one! I always think if anyone could use a LA, it's you! Did you find out why CVS was closed the other day?

CHRISS - I looked up Gramma May's Economy Block and I love it! I may have to do one of those sometime in my "afterlife" ("afterlife" being if/when I ever finish this LOTR!). If all purple seems a bit too purplish, yellow and/or green makes great "purple softeners" if there was any in that boatload of fabrics you were given.

VAL - I hope your pattern shows up! Looks like Fed Ex is persona no grata in this group!

TINA B - we have 4 vegetarians in our family plus one with medical dietary restrictions. And one of the vegetarians is SOOO picky! Basically, I've come to the conclusion that if I cook it she won't eat it. I've even bought expensive vegetarian options and she still won't eat it - it's not her favored brand. I've given up.

SHARONA - I'm going to hold you to that! A photo of your Christmas quilt(s). I always love seeing how we swappers can take the same blocks and come up with something different from everyone else! And yes, this LOTR quilt will be among my top four quilts of my lifetime (with the ones I made for my three brothers). However, Drew is 28. I suspect one day a wife will come into the picture and unless she's a big fan of LOTR, she won't want to decorate her bedroom with this quilt and it will get relegated to the linen closet in -GASP! - a plastic bag! :lol:

MARY Q - and now you owe us a nice long chatty post!

Yesterday I almost, but not quite, finished a 7x21" block, "The Black Gates of Mordor", before our company arrived. So this morning I will get that one "in the can". I only have 5 blocks left now, but I won't be able to finish them all before we leave but that's OK. I will have plenty of time once we get settled in TX. We are having one more couple for supper tonite. We're trying to say good bye to all our local friends. This is the last company dinner. On Saturday, WE will be the company - at Drew's house.

and now it's time to get a wiggle on and do something before I meet my neighbor for our daily walk. Group cyber (((hug)))!

mary z
>^+^<

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:37 am

Judi, have fun with your sister today.

Mary, have you finished all the more difficult blocks now? Hope it's easy going from this point on.

Lois, hope all turns out well for Sandi.

I need to do a little cleaning, then head into the sewing room. I sure had fun this last weekend. Hanging out with quilty friends is so much fun.

Chriss, how are you doing with having the boys longer? Are you finding things to keep them busy?

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

womster

Post by womster » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Good evening! Just wanted to pop in and say 'hey'. I didn't sleep well last night, overslept, Costco, and finally a nap. Yay! I have discovered that if I am really tired, my blood sugars are really high. So the nap was medicinal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;) The day has flown by. And now it's almost time for bed. I hope to get here bright and early tomorrow! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”