Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, November 15

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday, November 15

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Good evening,

It's going to be a busy week. The school where the boys go is having parent teacher conferences. They will only be in school from 8:30 to 12:30. So instead of watching them for a very short time in the afternoon I will have them 3 hours. It's only a week. Next week they are on Thanksgiving vacation and it will be all about me.

Jerry made 4 turkey pot pies from the turkey dinner he cooked Saturday. I would rather have the pot pie than the turkey dinner. He uses the stuffing for the top crust of the pie. they are so so good. Not really on my diet but neither is TG dinner.

Suzette, at least when your dogs wake you they actually go out. Mine waits for me to get up then steals my spot in bed. He's a stinky butt for sure. Why was CVS closed?

Lois, glad you are getting your boosters this week. I told Jerry about your scavenger hunts. We decided to buy non perishables now for TG. Nice that you can have TG your way, do whatever is fun for you. Which pattern did you order?

Diane, we also go through our house every so often and donate the extras. It's really my fault. I am a yard sale junkie.

Becca, how cool to have two family gatherings. What fun to be you.

Judi, hope Ken's wellness check went well. Sorry the kids didn't win their games but what fun that you got to go. I like the take it or leave it meal choices. Jerry is also crazy picky, but he finds what he can eat when we go anywhere and he deals with it.

Maryz, Drew has the coolest grandma ever. I bet he is loving this. I've narrowed my quilt options to two. Next week I can get started. This week is full of kids, Medicare and SS stuff. The two I like are from MSQC. One is called Alter Ego the other is called two step. I will look at each tutorial before deciding.

TinaB, You are going to have a stellar holiday. what fun to have kids in the house. Sorry the SIL's are the way they are. Kind of a tough situation, you don't want to rock the boat but you don't want do deal with the sour pusses. Focus on the little kids and you will smile all day.

Jana, sorry the bunk beds aren't there yet. Hoping they come to your house soon. Seems company's just can't get reliable help anymore. Yay for getting that block done. you rock.

Valerie, so funny. Purple really isn't my color. But I will work with the fabric given to me and it will be fine. The lady who gave me the fabric gave it to me for free and told me it was in memory of my Grandma May. Well MSQC had a quilt tutorial called Grandma Mae's Economy Block. I thought of doing it and still might. What pattern did you order? Hope Fedex gets it to you. For donations we have a thrift store near here that helps people in recovery. It is run by a local church called Set Free. My second choice is the SPCA thrift store.

Sherry, here UPS and the Post office are about the same. I usually go with a flat rate box and send it via the post office. For me it's easier. I am going to try to get my SS package mailed out this week. What do you have for breakfast at McD's? I haven't had breakfast out in so long.

Katy, it really has been a year hasn't it? Not worth repeating. Wish I could come help with the tree. hope the leg feels better soon.

Sharona, the squash casserole sounds wonderful. I love squash. I would also be tempted to grab the SIL's by the ear and drag them outside.. Remember, even though you have had your vaccine you can still get Covid. Jerry and I are proof of that. How was the Subway bowl? I ate lunch at McD's the other day. Two McDoubles no bread no ketchup add mayo. It was really quite good. they served it on a tray with a domed lid and plastic fork. Love that I can skip the bread.

Tina, so sorry about your brother. Just said a prayer for your family.

Hope you girls have a good night, sleep well.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”