Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, November 15

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Monday, November 15

Post by suzette58 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Good morning everyone.
I was rudely woke up this morning by one of our dogs walking on my ribs. So they have been out twice and fed in between. Now guess who is asleep? Today after breakfast and my exercise I am going to work on hubby’s quilt. I also have to go back to CVS to pick up my medicine. I went yesterday and they wouldn’t unlock the doors. I don’t know what the problem was. Well, I am going to try and go back to sleep. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, November 15

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,.
We are in the 30's here so I'm sitting under a quilt watching TV and drinking coffee .
We don't have anything planned for today except to go to the scavenger hunt and that's only walmart because we went to Bjs after my drs apt on Friday.
We are going for our booster shot this Friday so then I will be done.
Suzette I hope you were able to go back to sleep.
Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a nice day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:04 am

Good cool morning from Myrtle Beach.
My DS and DDIL are having fun settling into their home. Its nice to see them so close. They are 10 minutes away. They has quite a few clothes, pots, pans and odds and ends they now realize they don't want. They want to donate so I have the boxes in my car and tomorrow it will go to the Veterans resource center.
Finished the qov top and hopefully will go to Kathleen's today for a number and she'll send it to the Longarmer. Aiming for 20 for the March women's qov. I have most of the 20 tops done- Started working on a table topper for Daryl as a holiday gift. She has been so very generous with Andover fabrics.
Well, time to get rear in gear with the aid of coffee. Enjoy the day.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:55 am

Hello everyone sunny here but a tad cold As long asZi see sunshine I feel warmerYesterday was very windy
Leaves are everywhere Judt hope they settle in ditches
DD called yesterday Her & our DGD are bringing the Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday There will be 7 of us Then next week ourDGS & his family are coming over to visit They will be in Town4 days Will be great to see them
We haven’t seen them ins year DGD 2 yrs
I just got finished Breakfast so better get moving
Suzanne Hope you get back to sleep
LoisI have to go this week to hunt for items
Diane So great the work you do with QOv I always enjoyed it when I was in our group
Maryq I am excited for you Sure hope everything works out for your new Home

Have a great day everyone Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:23 am

Good morning I was up early and started the unpacking and put a load of laundry in. Busy day today House needs some dusting. We have appt at 4 to get our flu shots and Ken has is medicare wellness check. ( I think this should be optional) but it is required. I also need to grocery shop and my son threw his back out and I need to take him to the clinic ( workmans comp).
I still have binding to do but that will wait till tonight when I can sit and sew,
We had a grand time up north and although the kids didnt win games we had a fun time watching them.
Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:26 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - ahhh - being woken up at Oh-dark-thirty by the fur-folk. Welcome to my world. I often tell Bill they run our lives. And they do. About 98% of the time, I wouldn't have it any other way. But, oh those last 2% . . . .

DIANE - Your holidays are certainly looking bright with the kids so close this year! Does your DIL sew, by any chance?

LOIS - have fun scavenging! Make a game out of it. Points for items found, lose points for items not. See who wins the game!

BECCA - you are so right - the shining sun really makes a difference! And what fun to look forward to all the family doings - and in small doses so they aren't so overwhelming. Not to mention yummy meals! We are doing it in reverse here - I am taking dinner to our DGS, Drew's, house on Saturday. Lasagna. Drew is doing garlic bread and salad and Alec is bringing pumpkin pie.

SHARONA - I would love to see your sister's quilt. I think of the Christmas swaps by which block I made rather than which year - lol! I enter the swap each year and now have a holiday quilt for every room in the house!

KATY - oh, I'm so sorry to read that your leg is so bad. Perhaps you tore a muscle rather than just pulled. My sis did that and it was really excruciating pain for her and took quite a while to heal. I'm also sorry about your new tree not sporting your favorite ornaments this year. Perhaps there is a friend or family member who can help you. . .? How is your ex doing?

SHERRY - I was thinking of you yesterday a I was finishing/washing/blocking my X-stitch project and then starting a new one. This one is going to take me the rest of my life, I think.

CHRISS - So nice of you to give a Thanksgiving meal to your friends. Did you make your quilt decision yet? I wish I was there to play in your room with you. We leave for Texas next Sunday morning, Nov 21.

MARY Q - You have Snow! Yay for you! We do not! Yay for me! I would love to swing by your place but if the driveway is full then guess we'll have to stick with our California route. What's the RV parking situation at your hopeful new place? And how far is Monticello from you? We parked in a great campground there several years ago, before I knew you.

JANA - your quilt will be beautiful when you are done! I can't wait to see it! So where are the beds today? Did you say your iron arrived? I'm still waiting on mine. Twenty months and I'm still waiting . . . . I did give up and go buy one but always wonder what happened. It had tracking and everything - until it didn't.

VAL - you are BUSY! It almost sounds as if you are working part time at the LQS. Or are you just spending a lot of time there in classes and open sew?

JUDI - I know you are home now and looks like you landed back in your home life, hitting the ground running. Hope the weather wasn't a problem for you over the weekend. Sorry the kids lost their games, but sounds like you all had a great time anyway!

KATHY - how is Kimberly doing? Is she still in rehab or has she been able to go home?

Yesterday I made a small LOTR block - a 5-1/2" green dragon. Then did laundry, and watched the Seahawks get skunked for the first time in ten years. Today I will probably start a 7x21" block, "The Black Gates of Mordor". Fortunately I have quite a few Stonehenge fabrics in a variety of colors and they are purrfect for so many of these blocks. When all the blocks are done, I will have the equivalent of approx sixty 7" blocks. Plus, there will be a 6" border of pieced letter blocks saying, "Not all who wander are lost". So in my mind's eye, I'm starting to see a quilt emerge - finally. I will take all my blocks to Drew's house Saturday and we'll lay them out on his living room floor and make a plan. I will still have 3 or 4 unfinished, but I'll take paper placeholders for those. They are all the larger blocks. I'll take photos so I can remember any decisions we make and maybe I can start assembling this thing this winter. I started this project Aug 29. I wonder if I can finish it by Dec 29 . . . .

Wishing everyone a great new week! Is anyone doing much Christmas sewing this year? I'm not sewing a single gift, unless I get a wild idea between now and then.

Mary z
>^+^<

patches4

Post by patches4 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 am

Good morning all,
It’s a brisk, 30 will chill 26 this am here. Up early waiting to see if I am subbing today. While waiting doing my thinking of you cards for the week. Have to put sewing machine and stuff away and clean house for thanksgiving.really makes me sad to put it away, will have to make room in a bedroom so I can keep it in sight have so much beautiful fabric an got some from generous Flo and my head is spinning with ideas, just need more time. Anyway have to tend to house now.
Will have 12 for Thanksgiving here for dinner 3 of my 4 kids here with families. To grandmas house they will come. Have 5 grand kids, 11 months to 12years old. The four little ones are staying for four nites. Ages 11 months to 4, twins at 4. Will be busy for sure. Made my menu and have bought everything. Not looking forward, SIL’s are such picky eaters so won’t eat anything but mashed potatoes meat and turkey , no pies, or fancy stuff so dinner won’t be what it was like when I grew up. I am still making the fixings in smaller amounts but it’s not the same and I don’t feel it’s appreciated. One SIL just pouts and scolls when here, unless he is talking about himself, so I know he would like to be elsewhere. His family always had pizza take out for dinner on Thanksgiving. My family tradition as I grew up was to eat in dining room with white linen table clothes, fine China and crystal. Years ago SIL just put used knive on tablecloth and not on plate never used to the fine stuff. Just sad that traditions are not being carried on. Asked once to “dress up” for holiday dinner and the commotion that caused was not worth it. I was not asking for suit and ties just nice pants and sweaters so got nice sweaters and still jeans but at least no one came in hoodies. It’s just a sad time for me, parents gone and can’t have the holidays or share the traditions , they seem so stuffy and not appreciated. My kids remember so that’s all that counts. I will do the best I can. I will make my traditional family recipes and that will make me happy. No China and crystal just everyday dishes to go into dishwasher. One daughter and SIL coming don’t believe in the COVID shots, its a hoax to them both had COVID too, yet another story hence everything into dishwasher. DH and I got booster Friday so we are ok. Sorry to ramble on. No subbing today so more coffee and on to my chore list for today.
Everyone have a blessed day and all of you are such a treasure to me and am so thankful for all of you who have touched my life through this forum. Love and hugs to all,
TinaB
Patches4

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning!

I was right- FedEx has rearranged the delivery date on those bunkbeds. First was Saturday, then yesterday, now it just says pending. Why am I not surprised!, to quote the parrot from the movie Aladdin. My guess is now around Thursday, which is fine, it's a Aaron day off, so he can move them into the garage. My hunch is that the box will end up on the front porch.

Not much planned here. I worked on those cornerstone blocks, they may get punted to the trash can and replaced with just a simple pinwheel block. We will see....

Matt's boys all volunteered to build me the little wooden tree to hold my mini stockings. I had the wood in the basement, so when they went home last night, they took that. Matt is starting the finishing of his basement. Hanging drywall, a big play area, bathroom and a kitchenette. It will be a neighborhood hang out for all the kids friends. There is already a bedroom down there, that Andrew will claim when all is done. Matt needs to have some heating work done there too. Daniel has his hand in on the design work and the order of work details.

I have had a very large sliver in the top of my hand for about 6 weeks. It finally worked itself out. It was about a 1/2 long and about 1/8 wide. I did it while Michael was in the hospital and couldn't see to remove it myself. As my Dad would say , blind in one eye, can't see out the other.. So just waited for time and mother nature to do it for me.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:19 am

TINA - I hear ya! At least your family is coming! We are down to just four for our "family holidays" - Bill and me and our two adult grandsons. I miss the old days of noisy, happy holidays, too.

JANA - oh, your sliver story gave me chills. We almost lost a BIL two years ago from a sliver in his hand. He ended up in the hospital after he woke up with his hand and forearm swollen twice normal size, with red streaks running up his arm. He had to have surgery, was in the hospital for NINE days, and finally went home on IV antibx with visiting nurses. They said he almost died and was in danger of losing his hand. I'm so glad your sliver story took a different turn!

mary

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:46 am

Happy Monday!

Hope all is well with everyone. Just a quick drive by as full schedule today. I was not going to see patients today but a granddaughter called last night so guess I am seeing her grandma today. Lots going on and I think she just needs some emotional support.

Suzette they wouldn't unlock the doors? Was it regular business hours? Hope nothing bad happens and you get DH medications.
Lois I need to go on a scavenger hunt also but need to make a list. Want to get some things early for TG.
Diane I need to find a good place to donate to. I used to donate to the church second hand store but they are now closed. I don't like to donate to places where the CEO makes 7 figures. No Veteran shops that I know of around here but maybe I will check. Maybe at the base.
Becca have a great time with everyone!
Judi Dad has his Medicare wellness check a few months ago and that is how we ended up finding out about his eye problem. I would never had known had it not been for that appointment.
Maryz working at the LQS would be a complete disaster! I can't afford to visit there. Yes, a busy week there this week but now done for the month. This week need to get things in order for DBIL visit and then he is here the week after. So done until December. Oh but what a dream job that would be.
Tina wow what a grand time it sounds like you have planned. Hope the non vaccinated though don't pass anything along. I guess I did not realize you are still working. Glad I am not the only one!
Jana I am not happy with Fed Ex myself. ON Oct 23 I ordered a pattern (just stick it in a envelope and send it with the mail person). NO! Lets call fed ex. Well, no pattern. So I called and they are sending another one. I asked for regular mail, nope, fed ex again. I will asking for my money back here real soon! And all from a reputable shop! Guess I will not order from them again.
Chriss sounds like you are busy. Glad you are finding some purpose in you life. Wish I had some purples to send you but I don't. I used to have a whole collection as it's one of my favorite colors but don't know what happened to them? Haven't seen that stack in years.

Well caregiver coming in 15 min. Need to fix my breakfast and get dressed. Need an early start so I can fit in the extra visit.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”