Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday November 12th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday November 12th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:58 am

Good morning I am up dressed and mostly packed we are not leaving till 12 now. DD has laundry to do (who knew) She is a totally last minute person like her dad, We arent in a hurry as there are no games till tomorrow. I have car snacks for Sophia and for us growm ups.
I m headed this morning to the hallmark open house,,,will pick up some gifts and hoping they have this years dancing snowman,,,I might run out of steps one year, but it is my gift to myself each year, I also get a couple of gifts for some friends that we exchange gifts with,
I did get more binding sewn down last night . hoping to finish thus week...I have 2 friends who asked to use the long arm,,,,so maybe next week I can stitch while they sew, one will cancell as she always does....the other will be here cause she has 2 gifts she needs to quilt She knows how to use my machine so I dont have to do much but watch and chat,. well I need coffee and get this show on the road.....hope you all are getting the spirit of the season....XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO Ps Im not taking my laptop so I will see you all Monday.

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Friday November 12th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:38 am

Good Rainy(all day)Morning............

Again it will be catching up with uglies for me today. The only new for me is my DGS(13yo!) jammed his finger & broke it. The Ortho Do splinted it. Hope he can email me.

Judi......have a fun at Hallmark. Love their things. Have a wonderful trip.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning,

JUDI - you have a great weekend planned! I love family weekends. I hope you find just what you're looking for at the Hallmark event. Did you get the binding on either (both?) of your quilts?

LOIS - now that it's been a few days, how do you like your new haircut?

VAL - your mom wanted your hair long and my mom wanted mine short. Probably because she didn't want to brush it.

KATHY - it seems that in life the two things we never run out of is UGH-lies and dirty laundry! lol! Oh, poor Heath! How did he do that?? For that matter, how did he get to be 13?? He was just 2!!

CHRISS - what a wonderful use of those fabrics! I would say this project was meant! Now, Lady, start your engine!

LORI - you are so right! Choosing fabrics for that mountain block was the second hardest part of it. The first hardest was trying to "edit" out the letters "The Hobbit" from the paper pieced pattern. It's a pattern of the book cover. Good planning to take your wool project and thus limit all the carrying of heavy items. Have a fun time! Did you see that Bird Brain Designs has Stacy West Wool Applique Ornament book on sale today? 45 ornaments. . .

SHERRY - glad to hear you are going to be with us for another 20 yrs!

SHARONA - thanks for catching me up. I do remember your hubby getting new knees and now that you mention it, I think I recall yours, too. But not the strokes. I'm just happy you have conquered all and are now back in the fabric fold!

MARY Q - Hooray for qualifying!! You know, I'm already packing for you in my head! And I bet your Kris is UN-packing! lol! You know, the holidays are only weeks away and then it will be "after the holidays"! :D

JANA - have fun finishing that quilt. I keep thinking I made that quilt, but can't find it in my quilt stash. Judi thinks I made it, too, but maybe we're both remembering that SHE made it! We both made Country Charmer which is similar so purrhaps that's what's in our memory banks. And maybe, if I can't remember this, I've made too many quilts!! Bunk beds will be a great gift for the girls. But you have to store all those parts and pieces until Christmas? I hope it arrives in time. Only 43 days until Christmas . . .

VELDA - bite your tongue!! Did you not read the part about that mountain block taking me TWENTY hours to make? 3 days! It's like a full time job. It will not, repeat NOT, ever be made again and put into any other quilts. (though, that being said about ALL these LOTR blocks, I have saved all the patterns in a binder - why, I don't know.)

Yesterday I got the house all cleaned for company tonite, the table extended and set, and all my cooking ingredients set out on a tray, ready to go. We did a big grocery trip, and after putting everything away, I went into the sewing room and trimmed my Christmas swap blocks, and some lotto blocks I won during the summer, chose sashing and border fabric, and got those projects ready to pack in the trailer just in case I run out of things to work on. I also just sat on the living room couch for a couple of hours listening to my audio book while I cross-stitched. I am THIS close to finishing my project and I want to do that before we leave so I can put another one on my frame to take with me.

Tonite we have 3 couples from Bill's exercise class coming for supper so I'm putting chili in the crockpot, cornbread in the oven, and fruit salad in the fridge. And I have rainbow sorbet in the freezer for dessert. So I'll be spending some time in the kitchen today. I went looking for Thanksgiving themed paper napkins and plates for appetizers but there were absolutely none in the store. Am I late or were there never any there to begin with? Are they floating somewhere out in the Pacific on a ship off LA?

Well, enough chatting. I need to get busy. It's POURING rain here so I may wimp out on my daily walk and get busy.

Piece!
Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:53 am

Good morning!

A good progress day to report. The PT did stairs with Michael. Michel did very well. He needs to strengthen one leg, one leg is weaker than the other. The PT thought to do the half flight of my stairs, just once, up and down, but Michael did it 5 times. The PT was pleased. Plus Michael 's O2 need has decreased and the O2 number is holding in the right range, even on the upper side of normal. We are hoping that means are the fluid in the lungs is almost cleared out, that the virus caused. His cough has almost disappeared as well.

Today I will do a bit of laundry, catch up the ugles and sew. Aaron and family will be here for dinner. I found my leg of lamb I have been wanting. Aaron saw it, and invited himself over.

My sweet SIL sent us a beautiful gift for Christmas. She is my good SIL, not the youngest one who is a ditz. I have her gift already made and was waiting to ship it to her until the first. She lives in upstate New York. I was trying to beat her in shipping, well, I lost that one, again! LOL!

No worries on the bunkbeds arriving before Christmas. They will be here Saturday. Surprised me at how quick. But then, again, it might be rescheduled as they are being shipped by FedEx. We know how FedEx is about changing delivery days! My new iron was scheduled for last Sunday, then rescheduled for Wednesday, then again, to yesterday and now it is supposedly on the truck, out for delivery. We will see...... Aaron will need to make a space for the beds in my garage. The beds will be Aaron's job to assemble, they will be a box of sticks. Glad he has our little truck to take them home to his house - it will be the sleigh- it's red too! Come Christmas, grandkids gifts are stored between all our houses here. Right now, Sarah has things for Matt's house. Good way to keep grands from snooping.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:26 am

Good Morning Girls

We have snow! Ok, it's just a dusting and it's mostly melted :lol: :lol: Jen's Dave sent me a picture of about 8" of snow in Anchorage, so I'm calling myself lucky I'm NOT there! I just hope there are not big storms when I DO get there! Tho being stranded in AK for an extra few days wouldn't be the worst thing!

Judi.... Have you ever counted how many snowmen you actually have? Would love to see a picture of them all lining your steps! Not sure how much decor we will do this year... with extra furniture in the house, I have no idea where we will put up a tree.

Kathy... No snow in MA yet? Sorry you DGS broke his finger,, man that had to hurt!

Maryz.... Oh My, I think I'm coming to your house for supper! On my grocery list today is getting stuff to make Chile.. Shawn and Bren won't eat, but Kris and I will so I'm going to make it while the boys are gone! Seems the only room in the new place I'm planning is the sewing room! Might just have to take Shawn's pick-up truck down to Bloomington where the IKEA store is! I'm getting a little ahead of myself though... trying not to get too excited until all the papers are signed.

Jana... Man that Covid really got ahold of Michael didn't it! It's so good to hear he is improving everyday. What kind of iron did you get? One of the fancy Oliso ones? I see them all the time in the MSQ tutorials, but at the rate I go through irons, I'll stick with ones from Target!

Chriss... Color me just a little bit envious of all the beautiful fabric you've inherited! It's serendipity when something like that falls in your lap...

Today is an "out of the house" day.... Need to run to the county offices to renew my drivers license... then to WM or Target for groceries. In MN you renew your license every 4 years and it sure seems like I just did that... can it really be 4 years ago! Gotta get home in time to pick up Evie from school. Since Bren has gone hunting and Kris is going to be gone for a while this afternoon, the dog and I will go pick Evie up! Love taking the dog with me... she's such a good girl! I may take the dog with me when I move! :lol: :lol:

so, it's time to jump in the shower
Wishing you all A Fab Friday!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning Everyone,

I guess I'm a tad late I've already been to the drs for my physical and I did well and I will be getting my results on my BW next week they also have the booster shots there so I made an appointment for me and Bill for next Friday.

Mary Z I usually have to wait a couple of days for my hair to stop twanging before I like it but it seemed to behave its self today so now I'm happy.

Well time for me to go get another cup of coffee and get started.

Has anyone herd from Cindy and Katy?

Have a Great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

womster

Post by womster » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:03 am

Good morning!

I got up on time but got sidetracked with making a squash casserole - yum. And now it's almost lunchtime so I'd better get a wiggle on and get busy. I am also sewing down a binding for my youngest sister's Christmas quilt. She told me last night she's thinking of moving to Alaska because she hates being hot. We shall see. Silly me - I went to the post office yesterday even though we had just talked about it being closed - looks like I'll get there Monday. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”