Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday Nov 11

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Thursday Nov 11

Post by womster » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:10 am

Goooooood morning!

Valerie - I was on call for over 15 years and got paged all throughout the night. Ever since then, I've not been able to sleep well. I had hoped in retirement I might retrain the brain, but alas, it wasn't to be. I feel your pain!

Maryz - that block is fabulous. I am sew impressed. I had my second stroke on Mother's Day in 2018. They found another dead spot on my brain (from three months earlier) during the MRI or CT scan I'm never sure which. Caused by undiagnosed aFib. Got my new knees in in 2017. One of the best medical decisions I've ever made. Chili sounds very, very good.

Chriss - I've had to do that very thing as well! You poor thing. I'm so proud of you with all your volunteer efforts. You are such a blessing!

Have to run to Castle Rock to get labs and a B/P check. Prior to that I'm stopping at the post office to get my SS box for mailing. Oh I almost forgot - around 1:30 this morning I was awakened by the sound of what I thought was an alarm clock going off. I finally realized it wasn't coming from inside the house. I have no idea what it was. I hope everyone has a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:29 am

Happy Veteran's Day to all our veterans who have served and our active duty ones too. Got my results back from my tests that I have had over the last few days. My mammogram came back negative and I am so happy. My bloodwork came back and for the most part very good. A couple parts were just a little high, but nothing serious. That is great because I want to live another 20 years to drive my family crazy!

Today supposed to get a big storm this afternoon, but right now it is sunny and beautiful but a bit windy.

Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:03 am

A big thank you to all veterans out there. We owe them so much. My Dad, husband, and son all served.

Maryz, WOWZA! That is a really pretty block. I bet picking the fabrics took a long time. You nailed it.

Maryq, good luck. hope you get the townhouse.

Chriss, how nice of them to offer you quilting stuff. I bet it will be fun to see what she gives you.

I'm going to gather up a project for this weekend. I'm heading into the local mountains with some friends for sewing. I'll take some wool projects that just need hand sewing. I don't want to haul my sewing machine.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:51 pm

A MAZ ING!!!!

I went and picked up the fabric the lady had for me. Most of it was from Fatquartershop.com. Lots of Tula Pink. There were many other manufacturers, some jelly rolls, a few layer cakes, some 5-inch charms. and yard bundles and half yard bundles. It came in one large tote, one large box and a paper grocery bag. There was also a 108" x 2.5-yard piece of purple flannel. My chin is on the floor.

I've been thinking lately about what God wants me to do with my life. I know volunteering is part of it but what else. So last night we at the Alzheimer's meeting we were talking about a quilt that could be raffled off. It has to have purple in it because that is the "color for Alzheimer's". There is so much purple in this pile of fabric you wouldn't believe it. I can take the charms that have purple tones and make a tossed 9 patch. Or the jelly rolls and make something with them. It's just amazing how blessed I am.

So, my dear elf. I hope your hints are up to date and really reflect the colors you love. I'm going to send your box next week and it just may include some of the things I have gotten from this and from the score at the thrift store I went to last time (all new kits). I will check your hints before I mail.

In other news, the UPS delivery got here. Jerry ordered new checks. BORING! Guess my Santa is wat too smart to send too early. I am a self-proclaimed peeker. I admit it.

Velda, your dentist is open today? I was surprised at how many businesses were open in town today. hope it was an easy dentist appt.

Jana, that story about the bunk bed reminded me of the song, No More Monkey's Jumping On The Bed. It is fun to be the pretty dress grandma. Little girls do love a pretty dress. I have to say, I am so glad Michael is improving, I really am.

Maryq, look at you getting all ready to move into a new place. You are going to have so much fun putting it all together. It really sounds perfect. Not sure if I'd start packing but I surely would start purging. I'm excited for you.

Sharona, glad the alarm wasn't from inside the house. How was the BP check? Hope the labs come back fine. I will be looking for the SS package to arrive in the mail soon. If Maryz isn't Santa perhaps you are?

Sherry, did you get your storm? when you are done with it, I will gladly take it here. Glad you have good lab results. Give Sweetie an ear scratch and give Smoke a belly rub and an ear fluff from me.

Lori, I think it is so cool that you have friends to spend a sewing weekend with. I imagine jammies all day lots of laughs. it sounds wonderful.

Jerry put a broccoli, chicken casserole in the oven and I am hungry so for me it's a win, win.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Chriss, what a great idea of how to use the fabrics. If you ever need blocks to make a charity quilt, let me know. I would love to help out. Sewing for good is what it's all about.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”