Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday October 20,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday October 20,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:49 am

Good morning,

I have to go for my Quad ultrasound this morning no coffee or food till I get back because they also do the pelvic .
So I'm drinking warm water out of a coffee cup :lol: .
Yesterday I finished the quilting on my pumpkin runner I made last year and put the binding on its almost finished.

Well time for me to hit the shower and get ready everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday October 20,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:15 am

Good morning,,I am up and dressed,,,today we head to Frankenmuth Mi for a day of shopping and fun. I always start my Christmas shopping in this day, As a much as I swear I will not buy any decorations for the house I always find
that perfect item I cannot live without. I am saved from the village department as I have no more real estate for houses or people.
Yesterdays trip to the vets was quite an ordeal with 2 dogs..first of all they are a vet hospital and were of course running behind and I had 2 nervous dogs in the car...( they can smell a vet a mile away?) then taking them into the office as they have to stop and smell everything,,,then waiting on the vet and getting labs and shots...I was there over 2 hours..by the time I got them home they were a wreck...When they came and took Grizzy for his shots...Pepper the younger howled and cried the whole time he was gone. it was sad how she was frightened that he was gone..It is for sure that I get the experience with out the ownership or the vet bills...for Pepper to be neutered and grizzy to have a dental was near 2K. they will have that done first week of nov.
Well I need to get coffee and make sure the bathroom downstairs is tidy...ladies will be here in an hour. hope you all have a fun day,,,and thnk you Lori for posting a picture of the rice packs they are pretty simple...XXXXXXXXX)OOOOOOOOOO

patches4

Post by patches4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 am

Good morning one and all,
Just thought I would wish you a great Wednesday. Today would have been my MIL 110 birthday, she passed in 2014 at 102. She was awesome, remarkable, giving and fun to be with also quite the cook and hostess with the mostess like they would say. Now I am Grandma B and really feel I am so inadequate in so many ways and it only gets more compounded with the holidays approaching. UGH
On to more cheery things, looks as of now no teaching jobs today. So I am going to work on my charity quilt the red and white patterned squares and October lotto blocks. If I make my goal I will then tell Teresa I am in because they will be mailed. I don’t feel I am good enough to participate so I am often reluctant to join as I sometimes forget my talent and time limits.
Enough with me, off to make the coffee.
Have a blessed Wednesday and may you have a blessed day and prayers to all in need.
Hugs and love to all, TinaB
Patches4

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:34 am

Good rainy morning,

JUDI - I know you will have a really fun day! Don't buy anything I wouldn't buy! (and that leaves you a lot of leeway! :lol: ). Pets are expensive. Gone are the days when strays wandered into the yard and adopted you and that was it for the next 13 years. (at least on our farm). Scottie and Foxy get quality food, preventative meds, shots. And that's only maintainence for our healthy pets. I was sweating it when the vet felt lumps on Scott, but they turned out to be just fatty lipomas - very common, not harmful, though something to watch as he ages.

LOIS - you are having an US of your quad muscles? Hope all is OK.

CHRISS - glad Jerry is improving. Hope you both come back negative. That's a lot of turkey! I haven't cooked a whole bird in years. Since our whole family only likes white meat, I just buy turkey breasts now. I love turkey tetrazzini made with the leftovers.

LYN - I'm sorry your DH is having these issues, but glad he's acquiescent about the driving. Much safer with you behind the wheel. I have the Fab Forty book and am happy to give you fabric requirements, but what size are you thinking?? It has directions for 7 different sizes. Valerie is making one and she might have some helpful tips and info, too. I haven't made this quilt. Yet.

MARY Q - wonderful to spend Christmas in Alaska! And that price is great for that flight. My kids and I flew up to North Pole for Christmas in 1985 and spent it with my DB and his family. It was as magical as it could be. No, I hadn't heard Jen & Dave's date yet. I guess I have to ask, Why Florida with no family?

LORI - thank you for posting Judi's pictures! I can't help but notice how clean her ironing board cover is? Am I the only one with a ton of water stains?? lol!

JANA - did you get those stockings finished? Nice save on the water/house/sprinkler system issue! We did not use the rapid test. We went to our doctor. Won't know results for a few days.

TINA B - I think you are short-changing yourself! Sounds like you were blessed with a beautiful MIL. But don't compare yourself to her - you are YOU! You have many talents, I am sure, that she didn't have. I know for fact how kind and thoughtful you are. For the holidays, make your own wonderful traditions.

Yesterday I got my quilt backing pieced. Now Alaska Silhouette is in the quilting queue. We have my DWR on the quilt frame but still waiting for the thread to arrive. It was supposed to have arrived yesterday at our UPS store where our mail is delivered. Bill got a notice of a package so he went up and, like a grocery delivery, drove to the back door, opened the hatch, and they dropped it in, and Bill drove home, only to find that the package was wine from our wine club! A nice package to receive but no thread yet.

So I cleaned most of my sewing room, organized some travel projects, cleaned a storage cabinet, mopped bathroom floor, washed rugs, and we are organizing more stuff in the trailer. Today will be more of those kinds of things, flitting from one chore to another. But probably no actual sewing unless I make a binding for my DWR. Might do that . . .

Have a marvy day!
Mary Z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:12 am

Good Sunny Morning..........

Well happy day the computer let me in. For a week it only let me get to my page saver. Looks like a new computer for me in 2022.

Not to much happening here....getting chillier & chillier.

Today is a big day I'm going out to see how empty the shelves are at Walmart And Stop & Shop.I need a few things & I need to get out.

I made an appointment with my health ins lady for 10am one day this week. I do not remember what day. So every day I'm getting up & making myself cute. I'm making my bed while it's still warm.

I'll check back later.............Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 am

Happy Hump Day!

Woke up at 4 but didn't do much. I did just complete one of my classes though. Now having some coffee and breakfast. Caregiver should be here in 10 or so. It rained a good portion of the night so up and down plus keeping an ear open for the phone. No calls so far, knock on wood. 1.5 hours to go!

Chriss was able to get Lyn the fabric requirements. I was gone most of yesterday so thank you Chriss! For those of you thinking about this quilt, my tips would be:
1. Use a fabric collection, not a good pattern for scrappy
2. It is NOT a weekend quilt
3. Accuracy is important on this one, takes only little mistakes to have a 12.25 inch block instead of 12.5
4. For even distribution of color, use each fabric at least 3 times.
5. Breathe!

Lois good luck on your test. Way to fake your body out, I would never have though of that!
Oh Judy the poor babies! How traumatic for Pepper's friend to be taken away like that. Hope they are calmer today.
Tina yesterday my Grandma (we called her Mom-mom) would have been 115! She was all of 4'10". Wore a size 2 shoe but was a spit fire! I miss her greatly.
Maryq - The North Pole for Christmas! Wow, that would be great.
Kathy my computer is starting to give me trouble too, been thinking about a new one myself.

Will be working on classes today and not sure what else.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 am

Good Wednesday Hump Day!!
TinaB, don't sell yourself short. Sounds like you are very talented in your own fashion.
Boy! Teresa will be so happy to have you join. Hope you can share your Lotto creation. I am looking forward to your reveal.
We are both from Illinois, always wondered how close we are to one another. I think I remember you also make mission quilts.
Our church was given some special African fabric through one of our missionaries. It cannot be used in the donation quilts because of the religious content printed on it.
So a group of us are going to plan to make some nice quilts to raffle to earn $'s towards our mission projects or something like that. We talked a bit about it yesterday. Will try to get something started next month that a handful of us can make blocks( make a group project) then we can put together. We have a lady in church that has a LA who already agreed to do the quilting. Should be a fun project.
Judi, have a fun trip.
MaryQ, happy trip planning for you. Happy news of upcoming wedding, too.
Maryz, your Alaska quilt is gorgeous! Hope your thread arrives.
I was involved with a research study on diabetes testing meters. For a thank you for participating, we were given 25$ Amazon gift ecard. So I ordered the Fab 40 Quilt Book. Looking forward to picking out a pattern to use from this book.
Val, thanks for the tips, I will jot them down and put them in my book when it gets here.
Well time for exercise and get busy on my day.
Have fun!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:08 am

Good morning!

It's a beautiful cold windy day here in my neck of the woods. We are about 37 right now, but have a clear blue sky.

The kids are back at Disneyland today. Ethan is very excited. He gets to build his droid. Rides, food and fireworks today. They are all looking forward to the Haunted Mansion ride and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, my favorite.

Michael continues to improve. He has graduated back to normal food. No more of the baby food textured stuff. He was able to eat and not have any aspirating problems. Such a good thing! The outlook on coming home is still the weekend or next week. Just a few more days. I can be patient that much longer. Patience, that's my word of the day.

Worked more on my little mini stockings. Sewing on all the embellishments,, teeny tiny buttons, with holes so small, I didn't think my needle would go through the holes, but it did. I will work more on them today. Also learned , patience, and to do the hand work on sewing the cuff in place, before you turn it right side out. Learned that lesson the hard way! LOL!

All my uglies are caught up. When you're by yourself, you don't dirty up anything - dishes, etc.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 am

Good morning!

Lois – I tried looking up quad ultrasound and all I found was stuff on pregnancies. I’m hoping that’s not the case!

Judi – have a lovely time in Frankenmuth. You are such a good dog grandma to take the pups to the vet. Always an ordeal - poor babies. I did love your rice packs. Maybe I should try my hand at one.

TinaB – it’s so great to see you here. Your MIL sounded quite remarkable – I’m sure you’re doing a fine job in your own wonderful way. I still have the cards you’ve sent me during some awful times in my life, so I can attest to your thoughtfulness. I am also kind of scared of the approaching holidays. The older I get, the harder it is to get these huge meals together.

Maryz – I also noticed that about her ironing board! It made me want to go order a new cover. What a shame that your thread hasn’t arrived, but at least you had a good consolation prize. My training is for leading a bible study – pretty scary because I am violently introverted. HA! And as for meals - all I do is use a website called 'Take Them a Meal' and it does all the hard work. Technolgy can be so wonderful (until it isn't!).

Kathy – I love that you’re making yourself cute every day! Good luck at Walmart and the Stop&Shop. I hope you’re able to get what you need.

Valerie – I bet that African fabric is beautiful. I remember when a missionary family from Africa came to speak at the church. They remarked on how plain our fabric was – very little color and movement. Then they showed us their fabric – it was glorious! What a great idea to use it to raise money for missions. What a brilliant use of your gift card.

Jana – glad to hear Michael continues to improve. That is great news. And that you're keeping yourself out of trouble.

Today I have a ton of desk work to do. My mind was mush yesterday, and I’m so thankful I was able to get some quality sleep last night. I stopped at the vet’s office to pick up Bailey’s ashes and paw print. I held it together until she pulled out her little print – broke down again. That poor sweet girl is going to think I cry all the time!! That guy I took the meal to was so fragile – skin and bones and can’t talk above a whisper nor can he stand for more than 30 seconds. We’ll get some meat back on his bones! Have a glorious day, everyone! xoxo Sharona

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Good Beautiful Afternoon...............

It even smells so good outside today! I have the door open to refresh the house.

I'm sitting here with a large hot mug of tea resting my poor feet & knees. I was able to find everything on my list. The shelves were full. Although I had to buy the 10lb bags of sugar & flour.....there were no 5lb. I did pick up 2 large toilet papers at Walmart & Stop & Shop. I do not plan to be with out, as I was the last time. Have you ever heard of Moon Grapes? I was so happy to see them at the store. Delish!!

Oh yes, the Ins woman was here at 10am sharp. I find it all so confusing. I thought I was only going to add the extra hospital coverage. Well, she showed me it would be cheaper & better coverage to change companies. So I did. It add some $$$ toward eyes, teeth, even the gym. Also $50 per quarter to go toward medical supplies...ever hear of this sort of thing. It comes in the form of a card. I'll take it!! ;)

I ordered a new vacuum from Amazon. It's just like the one that broke. I got a Miele canister.....love it's light weight....just what my shoulder needs.

Lois.....Hope your test went well. Love pumpkins I bet your runner looks great.

Judi......I just know you had a great day. Can't wait to hear what you bought "that you just couldn't live with out".

Tina........your MIL sounds like quite a lady. ((((((HUGS)))))) Please give yourself a brake. WHAT would your MIL say??

Maryz......hope the thread comes real soon. You can't be held up. Well you did not waste your "quilting time" getting the sewing room organized for your next project.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”