Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, October 13

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, October 13

Post by suzette58 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:37 am

Good morning everyone.
We had a sad evening in our town last night. A log home that was built in 1776 and then opened in 1976 as a restaurant had a kitchen fire. Somehow the fire chief here says it is not a loss. I am not sure how they can know that this soon. I finished hubby’s quilt yesterday. I need to measure it and get some backing. I think I am going to use extra wide backing. We will see what I can find. Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Re: Wednesday, October 13

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:04 am

Good morning Suzette, congrats on finishing a quilt,,,that is always a good thing, I have a bit of house keeping to do today, and put the folded laundry away, Then i will put the borders on the scrappy 9. I have the batting and backing here so it might even get ready to quilt. I do have to run up to the bank...My carpenter is supposed to come and start the ceiling but he needs supplies and that meand $$$. we id find the bead board panels we want so that is a good thing, Sorry to hear about the historic builfing burning,,,that is always a sad thing,,,hope it can be fixed,
Hope all of you are on the mend from your illnesses...have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:24 am

Good morning Ladies,

I already have the dishwasher going then I will get ready for the day I finished the pillow just need to go get a pillow Form and pop it in.
Today I might start back on the dinosaur quilt will see .
Suzette that a shame about that historical restaurant I hope they can fix it.
Judi I hope you get to work on your quilt.

Also I have to start gathering stuff for my elf.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone
Has a nice day and hope everyone that is sick
Continues to get better.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:53 am

DS and friend, Ray, made it here around 4:30 without much traffic at all. Almost 650 miles.
Today we're unloading the truck into the new house. Fingers crossed that nothing was broken during the ride.
MAZE was turned in yesterday for LAing. It came out pretty good and, of course, once it all finished will wrap a woman vet with pride.
Diane

patches4

Post by patches4 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 am

Good morning all,
Usually stop by late at night, and don’t respond. Don’t want to be a lurker.
For me today will be some quick chores wait for plumbers. Might do hand sewing too.
Finished one quilt top for Lutheran World Relief and have fabric laid out for another. Have today and tomorrow to finish assembling it. Friday I substitute teach and Saturday have Lutheran women’s missionary league gathering till one. Finished putting cuffs on 50 pillowcases for Operation Christmas Child over many days. Looks like no subs needed today.
So I am off for some coffee.
All have a safe, productive, happy good day. May you all be blessed as you are such a blessing to so many.
Hugs
TinaB
Patches4

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here yet
Suz Sorry about the building I like to see History preserved
Judi Building materials are like everything else now very high & scarce
Lois Sure the pillow is pretty
Diane Happy to hear your family is there safe Someone will be happy with the quilt
I had to go to town yesterday for med for UTI so I did my other errands while there So glad it’s done
The saga with Hospital Bill starts again Got one yesterday No explanation of anything Just a Bill Medicare wasn’t taken out UGH
So now another thing to try to fix
Hope to get laundry done too Did get car washed and cleaned up
Have a great day everyone & prayers for all the sick. Becca
Tinab Nice to see you post

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:11 am

Good Morning to all.
Suzette. I saw your beautiful quilt on Facebook. DH will be certain to love it.
Judi. I need to join you in some household chores. Glad you are getting more of the remodeling finished.
Diane Glad the kids had a safe trip. Big job ahead now to unpack!
Lois. Hope your day goes well and you get all things done on your list.
I am trying to finish my diaper project today.
I found out that the larger sizes will definitely need larger soaker pads to accompany them. I should have known that. LOL
Hi TinaB Happy to see you post! 🤗
Becca. OMG I hate so much when you have to make lots of phone calls to sort out Medicare and insurance mess ups. We tell person's all the time that Medicare is Primary, other insurance is secondary, yet we get things denied it messed up all the time grrrr!!

Off for more coffee Have a fun day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:41 am

Good morning,

This will be fast. I have a busy morning ahead.

SUZ - I saw your awesome quilt. Your hubby will be so pleased! So sorry to hear about the historic building.
DIANE - hooray for your family arriving safely!
TINA B - how did you do that much charitable sewing and work to boot!? God is smiling!
JUDI - Yay for the ceiling starting! Yay for finding the materials you want! Boo on the probably price!
BECCA - Washing and cleaning the car is always such a big job. So sorry for another hospital bill. Someone in their billing department is falling down on the job - or skimming Medicare payments. Feel better soon!
LOIS - Someone should do a few housekeeping chores around here, too. But there's just been so much other, more fun stuff, going on . . . Tomorrow. I'll do it tomorrow. Where are you at on the dino quilt?

Yesterday I emptied and sorted and purged a tall cabinet of misc papercrafting supplies. I'm giving 95% of it away. I still have more to do, but most of it is done. Now I will have a little extra room for the 'little extra' fabric I have. :D Then I cleaned up my sewing room except for fabrics and patterns in actual progress - Alaska and LOTR. Things can sure get away from me quickly in there!

Yesterday was also vet day for the fur-babies. Foxy is 18# and dr warned if he gains any more weight he will be flirting with kitty diabetes. He will be 8 yrs old in March. He and I have the same birthday. Scott has lost 3#, had two large masses,and they did needle biopsies, so now we wait for results. That was unexpected! He turned 8 yrs old in July. We were just going for annual check-ups and vaccines. And to "donate" $450 to the vet clinic, of course. :cry:

Today, after chiropractor, I am meeting my 'cousin' for lunch at Applebees. Her name is also Mary. Her widowed Gr Gr grandmother and my widowed Gr Gr grandfather married each other so that makes us step-third-cousins, right? The closest I have to a cousin. I'm hoping to talk her into taking four plants to her house while we are gone this winter. When I get home, it's back to the sewing room, only with my back-up machine, "Stitch". My everyday baby, "Chip", is off to the spa this morning for a 3-wk stay. DH is going to drop him off on his way through Tacoma.

Got to run! Y'all have a wunnerful wunneful wednesday!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:15 am

Imagehttps://i.postimg.cc/xdsZqyhn/20211013-081215.jpg

Morning
Another UFO finished. This was a block lotto from Oct 2015....not sure what's next.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:41 am

Good morning!

We are burrrrr cold. Yesterday as the rain fell, ours was snow. Didn't stick, melted as fast as it hit the ground. The mountains received quite a bit, a good thing!

Not much else here. Continued slow improvement. The kids are getting ready to leave for Disneyland. Matt goes on Thursday and Sarah is driving down on Friday . All the grands are excited to go. They will have lots of fun being together.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”